Options

"Baby 59" ready to be discharged.

Sharona68Sharona68 Posts: 1,915
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-22700607

I couldn't stop thinking about this baby all day yesterday and the expression on his little face when they cut the pipe away.

According to the BBC he is ready to be released.

The mother is with him at the hospital.

Please let him be adopted by someone that will love him.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many babies are thrown behind bins or into rivers everyday in China. This was a very lucky baby but the Chinese government needs to stamp out corruption and prevent this happening. I doubt they will.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tothegrand wrote: »
    Many babies are thrown behind bins or into rivers everyday in China. This was a very lucky baby but the Chinese government needs to stamp out corruption and prevent this happening. I doubt they will.

Brought back memories of watching The Dying Rooms years ago. A documentary I'm glad I saw but wished I hadn't.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    No matter how many times I have watched the video I still find it unbelievable that the baby survived.

Agree, hope he gets a loving home.
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So glad this little one is healthy enough to be discharged. May he go on to have a happy life despite the horrible start.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    poor mother too.
  • Options
    yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Auntie gave birth into a toilet at the hospital many years ago. Fortunately she didn't flush and apparantly lifted my cousin out of the toilet bowl and calmly walked to the nurses station with her.
    Her nickname was SlackAlice after that though. God knows how she managed it because it wasn't a tiny baby and she was in there to be induced after going overdue. She blames it on the enema.
  • Options
    copthis1copthis1 Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've given birth to a few in a toilet.....some made my eyes water.............
  • Options
    yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    copthis1 wrote: »
    I've given birth to a few in a toilet.....some made my eyes water.............

I bet you gave them better names than ''baby 59'' too. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    poor mother too.

It's terrible that she was in such a state that she did what she did.

However, I don't think she should in any way be allowed continued contact with the baby.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The recent updated articles are saying that it was an accident and that the mother was the one who raised the alarm and she was there through the whole of the rescue procedure.

The baby was rescued with the placenta and umbilical cord still attached. They do have massive holes in the floor for a loo, not like our tiny u bends.
    All charges have been dropped, it is not being pursued and is being treated as an accident.
  • Options
    BZRBZR Posts: 2,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do hope this was a accident, poor baby, hope it has a good life.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    Swinetown wrote: »
    The recent updated articles are saying that it was an accident and that the mother was the one who raised the alarm and she was there through the whole of the rescue procedure.

The baby was rescued with the placenta and umbilical cord still attached. They do have massive holes in the floor for a loo, not like our tiny u bends.
    All charges have been dropped, it is not being pursued and is being treated as an accident.

that`s good.:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that`s good.:cool:

Yes I forgot to say in my post, if the new information is true, then I am very relieved. My faith in humanity has been restored to its former level again, it was truly shocking, sickening and horrifying what was originally reported.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I forgot to say in my post, if the new information is true, then I am very relieved. My faith in humanity has been restored to its former level again, it was truly shocking, sickening and horrifying what was originally reported.

Agreed, if it's true that she raised the alarm and it was a genuine incident, then let's hope all this publicity will enable them to live a decent life as mother and son.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharona68 wrote: »
    Agreed, if it's true that she raised the alarm and it was a genuine incident, then let's hope all this publicity will enable them to live a decent life as mother and son.

Yes, it doesn't bode well for teenage tantrums.

'You don't care about me, you would rather i was not here...You even dropped me down the loo!'

Ok joking aside, I hope it was an accident and one day they can joke about it and it doesn't destroy the mother/son relationship they could have.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it doesn't bode well for teenage tantrums.

'You don't care about me, you would rather i was not here...You even dropped me down the loo!'

Ok joking aside, I hope it was an accident and one day they can joke about it and it doesn't destroy the mother/son relationship they could have.

Ha ha, I didn't actually mean that :p

I meant maybe the publicity would incite some kind benefactor to step in?
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://news.sky.com/story/1096927/deep-regret-of-toilet-pipe-babys-mother

Sounds as if she was a very scared, confused young woman who needs understanding and support for both herself and her baby.
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://news.sky.com/story/1096927/deep-regret-of-toilet-pipe-babys-mother

Sounds as if she was a very scared, confused young woman who needs understanding and support for both herself and her baby.

Let's hope she gets the support needed.
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    According to reports she denied being the child's mother at first, and said she could not afford an abortion and was afraid of the stigma of being a single parent.
    So, if she hadn't "accidentally" flushed him away what would she have done with him? :confused:
    Why deny he was hers if she hadn't meant to kill him? The reports are very confusing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2332633/Mother-Chinese-baby-flushed-toilet-says-abandoned-boys-father-night-stand-afford-abortion.html
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How terrible that the mother had to lie. Lets hope she gets some help towards child care.
  • Options
    wenchwench Posts: 8,928
    Forum Member
    According to reports she denied being the child's mother at first, and said she could not afford an abortion and was afraid of the stigma of being a single parent.
    So, if she hadn't "accidentally" flushed him away what would she have done with him? :confused:
    Why deny he was hers if she hadn't meant to kill him? The reports are very confusing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2332633/Mother-Chinese-baby-flushed-toilet-says-abandoned-boys-father-night-stand-afford-abortion.html

I guess it depends on whose reporting you believe more.
    I certainly wouldn't give the dailymail any credit for factual writing.
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    wench wrote: »
    I guess it depends on whose reporting you believe more.
    I certainly wouldn't give the dailymail any credit for factual writing.

Far from it. In this case though the reports all seem very similar and none really make sense.

I thought this explanation of the"one child" policy was useful for anyone not familiar with it....

http://news.sky.com/story/1096531/baby-59-case-revives-one-child-policy-debate