Speidi - an impartial opinion.

124»

Comments

• Sharona68Sharona68 Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I thought Heidi looked pretty uncomfortable when she realised the truth about Big Blogger. Spencer, however, had that ever present sneer on his face.

She did, absolutely, look uncomfortable. Worried almost.
  • JanisElizabethJanisElizabeth Posts: 12,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Menk wrote: »
    They were well aware that the interview could be a set up which is why they went to the effort of being so unmitigatingly horrid about the rest of the HMs. The only thing that threw them off balance was the rest of the HMs ability to keep stchum about seeing it, but Speidi were always aware it would be shown to the house.

I don't think so. I think they totally bought it. You could tell by Heidi's reaction to "Susie". Also they both looked shocked when BB announced the truth. They were horrible about the others because they were after the sympathy vote.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Good post, I agree OP.

Some more thoughts

i agree about Claire's reaction,There literally are four days till they are all out, Speidi didn't single her out and didn't pick out the order, and Tricia could have guessed there was a good chance speidi wouldn't do the task. Speidi aren't pretending they do the tasks, they've refused a lot.

About the clapping, after BB announced each person's "success" in the task, the housemates clapped. When it was speidi's turn for BB's announcement of their "failure", they clapped as a joke *in response to the previous claps.* This is a typical joke, mimic what has happened previously. They only kept clapping because the housemates (Rylan) were immediately so nasty. Speidi weren't making fun of Claire, they're making fun of the whole situation.

And they've been basically right about of the housemates. Its a fake atmosphere, Razor's has a nasty bully side, Rylans a bit fake (his name on all clothing), Ryan was overtly trying to manipulate Razor into voting for the 3 women and NONE of the housemates stood up to Ryan. He cheated on the rules but then much worse, lied afterwards.

What speidi has done is walk onto a reality show, expose everyone's weak points, including the fakeness / nonreality of the show itself, and create great drama. As they say, its a game, people. Get over it.
  • JanisElizabethJanisElizabeth Posts: 12,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharona68 wrote: »
    They are playing their own game, and doing it very well. They are, after all, "reality tv stars".

They are not playing the "Big Brother game though and that is what they have been paid for.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    megornius wrote: »
    i agree about Claire's reaction,There literally are four days till they are all out, Speidi didn't single her out and didn't pick out the order, and Tricia could have guessed there was a good chance speidi wouldn't do the task. Speidi aren't pretending they do the tasks, they've refused a lot.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but after Trisha picked the order of letters, only then did BB say that a failure would result in the letters being destroyed in that order?

In which case, BB definitely knew Speidi would cause the group to fail and be vilified for Claire's letter drama.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are not playing the "Big Brother game though and that is what they have been paid for.

True, they are breaking the rules. But I do honestly think they and their deluded natures have been exploited for huge effect.

You wouldn't deliberately antagonise someone that had anger issues in the real world.
  • Anne_Morris_CowAnne_Morris_Cow Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    sheils1 wrote: »
    As you say they havn't took part in many tasks, so how have they played the game?

No i think they have vile personalities, they have disliked Rylan from the start , possibly they already knew he was fav to win, when they refused to do the letter task they knew Claire wouldnt get her letter and that is why they refused to do it.

If they dont like it there then go, they moaned continuously about the house and housemates for the first 2 weeks, i like a row or two in the house but i dont like people being malicious and vindictive. Cant wait to see the back of them.They have ruined BB this year for me.

Such a true statement ..they have been coddled IMO ..others would not have got away with as much refusal and sent to their own love nest ! they have been pandered to so not the game i remember BB to be
  • Anne_Morris_CowAnne_Morris_Cow Posts: 163
    Forum Member

:confused:This is what gets me about thoe who keep saying THEY ARE PLAYING THE GAME ..They are NOt ..as any one else who refused any task etc would not have had the chances and rewards they have ,,ie given their own space !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They're not playing Big Brother's game, which I kinda like.
  • MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think so. I think they totally bought it. You could tell by Heidi's reaction to "Susie". Also they both looked shocked when BB announced the truth. They were horrible about the others because they were after the sympathy vote.

How on earth do you get the sympathy vote by being horrible?
  • What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They are. Big Brother is a reality show for public votes. The tasks are just about providing entertainment along the way. The game isn't to take part in the tasks or win as many as possible or bond as a group. It's to entertain the public and/or make them want to vote for you.

Speidi have definately figured that out whilst some of the others are still struggling and trying to figure out how to do that.
    Forum Member
    Johnp_ wrote: »
    They're not playing Big Brother's game, which I kinda like.

I like it too! The emperor has no clothes (fake show, fake relationships), and speidi has pointed it out. The townspeople have no idea what to do, they're standing around shocked, except Rylan, who is now busy trying to convince everyone the emperor is clothed and fabulous and he is the hero. I think Rylan does believe the emperor is clothed though, he's just too young to figure this out.
  • sheff71sheff71 Posts: 8,174
    Forum Member
    pepipop wrote: »
    Sharona68 wrote: »
    I don't agree that they have it easy in there.

Like someone else has pointed out, how would you feel if you knew the whole house was against you?

Yes, but they 'facilitated' the house being 'against' them, by refusing to go to speak to any of the other HMs in the main house, in the first few days, and by remaining in bed in the basement. As they keep repeating, 'it's only a game show' so why be sooo childish and peeved at Frankie and Rylan doing what they were asked to do by BB - to complete strangers on the first night. It was not a personal decision, by R and F, based upon the people's personalities who were chosen to go to the basement. They brought this 'dislike' totally upon themselves, if they'd mixed in initially, spoke to the others, it would all have been totally averted. They definitely have a 'joint' persecution complex and then perpetuate it through their own behaviour and what they themselves pre-assume/believe of others reaction to them.

That first night decision by Rylan and Frankie has been a major cause of the resentment from Speidi - R&F's extremely selfish decision to go into the house at the expense of a married couple was ill-judged, especially when in the other choices they sent the woman upstairs if up against a man.

So right from the off Rylan and Frankie had deliberately put their own selfish selves above a woman they didn't know, which is quite ironic when Rylan starts bitching about how could they clap in the Clairefromsteps letter fiasco.

Speidi may well have gone onto still be really nasty pieces of work if they'd been upstairs from the start, but by sending them downstairs it gave them a chip on their shoulders which has grown since... so really Rylan bears much responsibility for creating the Speidimonster :p

Given the buzz around this couple, does anyone think either C5 or itv2 would consider a tv show based around them (they seem to like following z-listers like Childs, Towie rejects and Price around...)?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    megornius wrote: »
    I like it too! The emperor has no clothes (fake show, fake relationships), and speidi has pointed it out. The townspeople have no idea what to do, they're standing around shocked, except Rylan, who is now busy trying to convince everyone the emperor is clothed and fabulous and he is the hero. I think Rylan does believe the emperor is clothed though, he's just too young to figure this out.

I laughed when Rylan said "I'm just like this in the outside world", and Spencer replied "What, with 64 cameras following your every move?".
    I get the impression that Rylan actually would like 64 cameras following him constantly.
  • pepipoppepipop Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sheff71 wrote: »

That first night decision by Rylan and Frankie has been a major cause of the resentment from Speidi - R&F's extremely selfish decision to go into the house at the expense of a married couple was ill-judged, especially when in the other choices they sent the woman upstairs if up against a man.

So right from the off Rylan and Frankie had deliberately put their own selfish selves above a woman they didn't know, which is quite ironic when Rylan starts bitching about how could they clap in the Clairefromsteps letter fiasco.

Speidi may well have gone onto still be really nasty pieces of work if they'd been upstairs from the start, but by sending them downstairs it gave them a chip on their shoulders which has grown since... so really Rylan bears much responsibility for creating the Speidimonster :p

Given the buzz around this couple, does anyone think either C5 or itv2 would consider a tv show based around them (they seem to like following z-listers like Childs, Towie rejects and Price around...)?

But Frankie and Rylan didn't know them from Adam - why not choose them to go to the BM - also Paula was a female they sent down. They both had each other, so why shouldn't they go to the BM? Not too many HMs in F and R's position would have chosen to place themselves there, why should they?

'It's only a game, you know' - or so we're repeatedly told by Spencer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sheff71 wrote: »

But Frankie and Rylan didn't know them from Adam - why not choose them to go to the BM - also Paula was a female they sent down. They both had each other, so why shouldn't they go to the BM? Not too many HMs in F and R's position would have chosen to place themselves there, why should they?

'It's only a game, you know' - or so we're repeatedly told by Spencer.

With Paula, wasn't the choice her or Tricia?
    Rylan says he was brought up a gentleman, but it certainly wasn't a very gentlemanly act.
    Forum Member
    Johnp_ wrote: »
    I laughed when Rylan said "I'm just like this in the outside world", and Spencer replied "What, with 64 cameras following your every move?".
    I get the impression that Rylan actually would like 64 cameras following him constantly.

Yes, and remember the early days when Rylan was saying he loved the big brother house, he was SO at home in it, just like the real world. Lol. What he's at home with is playing up to cameras, and he's good at it. He's gone overboard with the hating speidi though, imho.