Options

Pretty obvious who is leaving this coming weekend

scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Might as well skip this week. Its a foregone conclusion!

Comments

• Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a big part of why they should get rid of the dance-off imo. The same thing happened last year with Mark Benton's last week. The whole show was a total anti-climax.
  • Options
    scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the record for number of times in a row in a dance off?
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,552
    Forum Member

Mark had 4 consecutive weeks in the DO I think - usually you get a reprieve and a vote bump, but I think like Sunetra it's just going to reach a point where you are behind in points as well as popularity.

It's a shame, but I guess someone has to go
  • Options
    lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who is going then Jake I can only hope
  • Options
    jtnorthjtnorth Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    So far going on the theme, it sounds like a complete car crash of a show. I'm properly nervous of Strictly's versions of various national costumes. I'd love it if Sunetra knocked it out of the park but with a rumba in national dress and whatever's up with Brendan, it's looking unlikely. Best of luck to her though, she's lovely.

But I think it's completely impossible to guess is who will be in the b2 with her. That's where it gets interesting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lewismacf wrote: »
    Who is going then Jake I can only hope

Well I would say unless she knocks something huge out of her rumba then she is one of the most certain exits ever; especially given her two consecutive dance off appearances
  • Options
    humpty dumptyhumpty dumpty Posts: 4,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No idea, but I remember Heather Small being in the dance off week after week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    One week of it arguably being pretty obvious who is leaving is hardly a disaster.
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No idea, but I remember Heather Small being in the dance off week after week.

Heather had two then a one week break, then another two. Michelle Williams was the same pattern, saved temporarily by the glory of TIME WARP. The only other person to be in four bottom 2s in a row was Lesley, but that wasn't in a series with the dance-off.
  • Options
    SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    I got all excited for a minute......LOL
  • Options
    henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monkseal wrote: »
    This is a big part of why they should get rid of the dance-off imo. The same thing happened last year with Mark Benton's last week. The whole show was a total anti-climax.

I imagine you mean the results show was an anti-climax. It does not impact on the main show. I seldom watch it without knowing the spoiler anyway so no big deal.

At least this year for the first time the last eight have all been reasonable to good dancers.
  • Options
    henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    indiana44 wrote: »
    One week of it arguably being pretty obvious who is leaving is hardly a disaster.

Unless we all vote for her. She is not exactly a John Sergeant / Lisa Riley comedy routine. And Lisa somehow got to the last five :o:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as K F G stays in
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,749
    Forum Member
    I imagine you mean the results show was an anti-climax. It does not impact on the main show. I seldom watch it without knowing the spoiler anyway so no big deal.

At least this year for the first time the last eight have all been reasonable to good dancers.

After this Saturday it's going to get really competitive :o

Feel it's anyone's game from Saturday on.
  • Options
    gasheadgashead Posts: 13,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More obvious than Judy destined to leave last week? Or Mark in two weeks time? Or Simon in three? Or Jake in four? Or Caroline to finish third? Or Pixie second? Or Frankie to win? Yes, I don't know why they don't just give her the trophy now and have done with it, save us all the fun and enjoyment of the show. Who wants that on a Saturday evening? :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually think this Rumba could be Sunetra's best dance, and position her sufficiently high on the leaderboard to escape the dance-off.

For all we know she could be more popular with the voters than most of the remaining celebs.

But I fully expect the judges to award higher marks to Jake, Pixie and Frankie even if their routines are clearly not as good as Sunetra's. I can already hear them banging on about Jake's characterisation being the best they've ever seen in an AT, and ignoring the fact that his footwork was nowhere near as good as Simon's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i worry for Pixie this week
  • Options
    londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lewismacf wrote: »
    i worry for Pixie this week

I think that she's safe, against anyone.
  • Options
    Abs1986Abs1986 Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    If Sunetra is in the bottom 2 she will go but what if she's not!! could be a shocker this weekend:o
  • Options
    davegolddavegold Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been trying to think up the scenarios where Sunetra escapes and there aren't many unfortunately. She's not likely to get a bounce after being in the dance off. She's not got any closer to anyone else on the leader board with Steve leaving since he was below her anyway. Rumba don't get votes. Even if different people are put in the lower half of the table next week they'll probably have lots of support (Jake, Frankie).

Let's hope Brendan can find a rumba she enjoys at least.
  • Options
    Tommo781Tommo781 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm not counting my chickens on this one. Stranger things have happened ..............
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

only if she ends up in the bottom 2 - which she might not.............. (yes, its a very big "might" but you never know)
  • Options
    rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    Maybe shell do a good rumba? But then I realised she's with Brendan so unlikely. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    olivej wrote: »
    only if she ends up in the bottom 2 - which she might not.............. (yes, its a very big "might" but you never know)

I guess if she manages to outdance say Mark or Simon and they end up bottom 2 with her, she may stay (a bit like Patrick Robinson knocking out ATD etc). However I think it is safe to say she is on borrowed time and will be out sooner rather than latter
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    I will NEVER give up on the dream of slimy Mark going out.