Ncis: Red

Daily LivingDaily Living Posts: 512
Forum Member
✭✭
I've only just noticed this. Can't believe there's another NCIS spin-off to look forward too!

I don't know much about it, or who's going to be in it, but, I hope it's as good as it's title suggests!

I'm from the UK, so I was wondering...Have the US already shown it? If they have, please refrain from the spoilers, or put it in captions so if people want to look they can!

I can't wait. Who else can't wait? :)

Comments

• TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Red 1 was last week at US pace and Red 2 is tonight
  • Daily LivingDaily Living Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TWS wrote: »
    Red 1 was last week at US pace and Red 2 is tonight

Oh, thanks for that information! It seems no one's been on Wikipedia in a while then!

Do you know anything about the new show?
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, thanks for that information! It seems no one's been on Wikipedia in a while then!

Do you know anything about the new show?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2699068/

That pretty much only has a small description and cast list, but it's better than nothing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2699068/

That pretty much only has a small description and cast list, but it's better than nothing.

So, NCIS: Red is different from the other two in that it follows a mobile team of agents who are forced to live and work together as they crisscross the country solving crimes. So, mobile agents being the difference! This looks very exciting, and interesting! I can't wait for this show even more now!

Channel 5: Pick this show up. Now. :D

Thanks for the link, Schmiznurf!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone from the US on here (highly likely, hopefully) how are you finding "Red: Part 1"? :)
  • David_HillDavid_Hill Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't this a pilot only? How has it aired in the US yet? Or has the pilot been screened as a test to see if it can get an audience?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David_Hill wrote: »
    Isn't this a pilot only? How has it aired in the US yet? Or has the pilot been screened as a test to see if it can get an audience?

It aired in NCIS: LA current season (has only aired Part 1 of two parts), where obviously all spin-off characters are introduced and crossed over with NCIS: LA. So it hasn't officially started just yet. :)
  • paul2307paul2307 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    Anyone from the US on here (highly likely, hopefully) how are you finding NCIS: RED? :)

I've already seen the first episode if you can call it that and I live in the UK .Its amazing what you can find on the internet if you know where to look :rolleyes:

The show hasn't started as yet its a pilot within NCIS LA and its a joint investigation between both teams much like NCIS was within JAG and LA was in NCIS , the second part is showing tonight
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paul2307 wrote: »
    I've already seen the first episode if you can call it that and I live in the UK .Its amazing what you can find on the internet if you know where to look :rolleyes:

The show hasn't started as yet its a pilot within NCIS LA and its a joint investigation between both teams much like NCIS was within JAG and LA was in NCIS , the second part is showing tonight

Paul, please, do you have the website where you watched the first part? :D
  • paul2307paul2307 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    Paul, please, do you have the website where you watched the first part? :D

Not sure I'm allowed to post the link as I don't know how legal the sites are but Google is your friend just search streaming video
  • David_HillDavid_Hill Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It aired in NCIS: LA current season (has only aired Part 1 of two parts), where obviously all spin-off characters are introduced and crossed over with NCIS: LA. So it hasn't officially started just yet. :)

Thanks. I did wonder lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paul2307 wrote: »
    Not sure I'm allowed to post the link as I don't know how legal the sites are but Google is your friend just search streaming video

Thank you! :) I'll give it a go.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David_Hill wrote: »
    Thanks. I did wonder lol.

I wondered too, at first! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone, (from US or those who have other sources :D) How did you find collectively "RED Part 1" and "RED Part 2"? :)
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone, (from US or those who have other sources :D) How did you find collectively "RED Part 1" and "RED Part 2"? :)
    seen both parts and it gets a huge thumbs down from me. If you get to see the "pilot" eps when that season of NCIS is show, well look for what she does when she meets the temp. That was enough to kill the show for me, even if it wasn't for the fact that all the other stuff sucked too.
    Now I'm a huge fan of NCIS LA, and a big fan of NCIS, so I was primed to loved this new show, but I'm a big "no thanq very much"I
    btw
    those trucks must be a bitch to park. <- not a spoiler.:), but just in case. :)
  • malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    If will be legally on in the UK in 5 weeks as Red part 1 is episode 18 of the current season of NCIS Los Angeles. Part 2 is episode 19. It's episode 13 on Sky One tonight.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing to do with the show, but I live south of Manchester and a few weeks ago I saw a white vehicle with

"CSI
    Crime Scene Investigation"

in bold letters on the side.
    It was the size of those little Post Office mail vans. I fell about laughing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing to do with the show, but I live south of Manchester and a few weeks ago I saw a white vehicle with

"CSI
    Crime Scene Investigation"

in bold letters on the side.
    It was the size of those little Post Office mail vans. I fell about laughing.

OMFG, this made me laugh! :D:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    malcy30 wrote: »
    If will be legally on in the UK in 5 weeks as Red part 1 is episode 18 of the current season of NCIS Los Angeles. Part 2 is episode 19. It's episode 13 on Sky One tonight.

Love how you put in 'legally' into the sentence. I'm going to try and find the show elsewhere as I don't have Sky! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    seen both parts and it gets a huge thumbs down from me. If you get to see the "pilot" eps when that season of NCIS is show, well look for what she does when she meets the temp. That was enough to kill the show for me, even if it wasn't for the fact that all the other stuff sucked too.
    Now I'm a huge fan of NCIS LA, and a big fan of NCIS, so I was primed to loved this new show, but I'm a big "no thanq very much"I
    btw
    those trucks must be a bitch to park. <- not a spoiler.:), but just in case. :)

Thanks for the feedback! But, oh, damn I'm a little nervous about what you've said here, but I want to keep an open mind! I'm still really looking forward to RED! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ of course I may be suffering from premature-series-write-off, which happened with NCIS LA - loved the pilot but ep1 psd me off cos they changed the head-boss-lady for a little person (not really a spoiler) and after watching the next few eps, well I wasn't too impressed. For some reason I stuck with it though, or maybe I returned for an ep cos Ms Abbey Shuto(?) was guest starring, either way, in S2 they introduced anther tech character (not really a spoiler) and from then on I loved the series and now prefer it over the original NCIS (which, if you took a little time to think about it, is basically THE SAME THING EVERY SINGLE EPISODE - from the bit before the opening credits that could be whole story in itself, then a murder, credits, then jokey bit with DiNoozo before Gibbs suddenly appears to announce a murder, etc etc). Anyway, since I was wrong about NCISLA I might well be wrong about NCIS RED. Methinks it'll be one of those series I try an ep later on in the series, love what I see, then marathon all the previous eps to catch up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    ^ of course I may be suffering from premature-series-write-off, which happened with NCIS LA - loved the pilot but ep1 psd me off cos they changed the head-boss-lady for a little person (not really a spoiler) and after watching the next few eps, well I wasn't too impressed. For some reason I stuck with it though, or maybe I returned for an ep cos Ms Abbey Shuto(?) was guest starring, either way, in S2 they introduced anther tech character (not really a spoiler) and from then on I loved the series and now prefer it over the original NCIS (which, if you took a little time to think about it, is basically THE SAME THING EVERY SINGLE EPISODE - from the bit before the opening credits that could be whole story in itself, then a murder, credits, then jokey bit with DiNoozo before Gibbs suddenly appears to announce a murder, etc etc). Anyway, since I was wrong about NCISLA I might well be wrong about NCIS RED. Methinks it'll be one of those series I try an ep later on in the series, love what I see, then marathon all the previous eps to catch up.

LOL, I see what you mean, I guess you're not always going to like something at first glance, or it could be the opposite, you could like it at first and then later on not like it as much or not at all! Anyway, thanks for advice, I'mma going to give it a real chance!

NCIS - Those comments, they summed up the show well! Even though I know it's sort of the same thing everytime, I still love it!

Oh how I love those marathon catch-up on TV days, that's what I did with S1 and 2 of The Walking Dead a couple of weeks ago! S3 still hasn't come to the free-to-view channels in the UK yet!
  • BigFoot87BigFoot87 Posts: 9,293
    Forum Member
    I've found NCIS: LA to be something of a disappointment (and I loved the pilot 2-parter they did for that on NCIS Original) so I'm hoping for better from the Red team.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BigFoot87 wrote: »
    I've found NCIS: LA to be something of a disappointment (and I loved the pilot 2-parter they did for that on NCIS Original) so I'm hoping for better from the Red team.

That's what I was like with CSI: Miami, and then NY came along and I thought, this is the spin-off I've been waiting for!

I hope, like you, that RED is brilliant! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kinda getting off the Red topic, but...
    I marathoned s1 (~23eps!!)of Young Justice and had a great time
    Dexter, Life and The Walking Dead are just a few shows that had me within the first 5mins
    Heroes - hated first ep, months later tried again, made it thru to ep2, loved it and stuck with it till the end.
    Haven - hated the pilot, hated the girl, never returned, later watched the s1 finale just cos someone was guest starring (what WAS i thinking, who would do that, what a fool you might think), the last bit was enough of a OMGWTF to get me to watch all that had gone before and I was a fan ever since. :)
    Warehouse 13 - hated the early eps, the dynamic between the two leads was "yawn, see this over and over and over again, blahdeeblahblahblah", but the introduction of the new tech person (are we detecting a pattern here?!) made everything click into place and I'm counting down the days until the 1/2half of S4.