EE-18/4/2014- Not-So-Good Friday for Juicy Lucy

Comments

• Options
    Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Abi bores her to death with revision
    Love the poll choices.

I would add "scared to death by the ghost of Reg Cox"- still brassed off that he never got a live episode to see him on his way :D
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Smashed to pieces by Bianca's supersonic voice
    Brilliant episode.

Bye Lucy.

Will be interesting finding out what or who killed you though.
  • Options
    ReisOreillyReisOreilly Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    Iv just watch Good Fridays eastenders and Iv got to say what a load of rubbish. Now I'm not the biggest fan of EE but have Started to get in to it again because of the Carters think they could be a great family for the show but this whole hype about Lucy has been piss poor. It feel to rushed and everyone could have done it. First off why would most of them want to kill her what has she really done to everyone ( nothing ) again classic EE not thinking about it ie Stacey coming back what was all that about just for her to hand her self in lol. But let's talk about everything in it has to be a secret ie who people are talking to on the phone to is nick dead to whats Charlie up to and dean wicks to all the secrets in the Carter family. And then the best bit that in the last 6 months 3 people have been murdered Michelle, that Kyle guy and now Lucy it's so far from reality it's untrue and then for the bbc to turn around and say EE is the best soap is so funny it's one big joke. CS is not great at the mo but it's still keeps the every day talk we all have in our own life's like what people had for dinner but just the odd talks you get at the ber the talks we all have when we are at the pub our selfs is so good to watch and makes you laugh. EE has none of that at all something it built it self on. And again for EE to come out and have a dig at CS about the who done it killing of Tina saying it's boring can I just say I can't remermber the last time CS did a who done it. EE should get its own house in older before it starts digging at the other soaps. CS get over 8 million a ep and EE at best just gets over 7 on a good day. And show that no one really cares about last nights ep only got just over 6 million. If EE was on itv or even channel 4 would have had a good face lift and sorting out by now EE is not the show it was 15 years ago to many killing, affairs and little secret and fare to many old characters coming back in the show

I'm sorry it's long but people go on about how good it is but it really isn't, it needs a good look in to. And again so much hype for a load of shit. So out of touch from reality.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corrie barely hits 9 million. It certainly hasn't been that high in recent months.
  • Options
    Owen19Owen19 Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cindy chucks the jewellry box at her
    So many people have said this, it's not a typical whodunit! It's not like a usual one where there's a handful of major suspects who are strongly linked to the person who was killed. Also, Coronation Street definitely doesn't get 9 million, it may have done a year ago but it's down to 7 and if they're lucky 8 million an episode now, EE is a lot better than it.
  • Options
    EEforestEEforest Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The point of it was that a lot of it hasn't been played out on screen. We'll find out more as the storylines goes on. All the advertisement has been released AFTER the episode for a reason. Also, the show still includes loads of everyday scenes. The show is definitely going to be back on top soon. I say this as a fan of both EastEnders and Corrie. Corrie has become absolutely awful, it's the first time I've ever stopped watching a soap.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Corrie barely hits 9 million. It certainly hasn't been that high in recent months.

Sorry I was meant to put 8 lol
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but surely it will be a typical 'whodunnit' because by the time the storyline gets to February everyone will still not be a suspect, it will be those in the trailer plus maybe one or two who haven't been included in said trailer. We can already start knocking people off anyway. Dot has NOT done this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ownnnn wrote: »
    So many people have said this, it's not a typical whodunit! It's not like a usual one where there's a handful of major suspects who are strongly linked to the person who was killed. Also, Coronation Street definitely doesn't get 9 million, it may have done a year ago but it's down to 7 and if they're lucky 8 million an episode now, EE is a lot better than it.

Yes it's about the family and how they deal with it but when it comes down to it. It is a whodunit and come feb next year that what it's going to be so bbc and EE can dress it how they like but that what it is it's just gonna take a little longer for it to turn in to that
  • Options
    Forum Member
    but surely it will be a typical 'whodunnit' because by the time the storyline gets to February everyone will still not be a suspect, it will be those in the trailer plus maybe one or two who haven't been included in said trailer. We can already start knocking people off anyway. Dot has NOT done this.

Thank you so much it is a whodunit
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much it is a whodunit

I completely agree with your post too, that we posted at the same time - great minds, the bosses can dress it up but it is a whoddunit and also Welcome to DS :D
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of emphasis has been put on the aftermath and how it affects the family, everyone is saying the next week of episodes are the one too watch.

I can understand people are apprehensive about this storyline as it's being taunt as one of the biggest and ambitious long running plots in EE history and if they don't deliver then it could go tits up in there face, especially with the fact we've already had two murders in less then six months and three female killers running around it could appear too much.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair though the hype wasn't for last night. It was for next weeks episodes. Which if you read the previews has been given universal praise across all platforms.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think some of the characters included in the advertising are stupid, I mean I've seen pictures of Kat, she really barely had any interaction with Lucy to be thought of as a suspect.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    And then the best bit that in the last 6 months 3 people have been murdered Michelle, that Kyle guy and now Lucy it's so far from reality it's untrue and then for the bbc to turn around and say EE is the best soap is so funny

I assume that the other two people you mention there are in other soaps, so why would that bother me :confused:

As for Lucy being murdered, we don't even know if that's the case, just that the police suspect that it could be.

This story is about the Beale family and how they deal with it...their dirty washing will be made public. Ian's delusion that he is a big hot businessman and loving family man is going to be torn down.

Murders/affairs followed by big reveals are ten a penny in soaps. We have been assured that this is going to be something different, and, until it gets underway on Monday, I'll reserve my judgement.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    To be fair though the hype wasn't for last night. It was for next weeks episodes. Which if you read the previews has been given universal praise across all platforms.

But what makes them think people will watch for that we have seen how family deal with a loved on being murdered in every soap it's nothing new at all and people know it's next year we find out no one cares about what we are gonna see next week
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Drops dead when she accidentally walks in on Shirley in the shower
    The hype is for the aftermath and how it affects various people. Not seeing Lucy's dead body.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    I assume that the other two people you mention there are in other soaps, so why would that bother me :confused:

As for Lucy being murdered, we don't even know if that's the case, just that the police suspect that it could be.

This story is about the Beale family and how they deal with it...their dirty washing will be made public. Ian's delusion that he is a big hot businessman and loving family man is going to be torn down.

Murders/affairs followed by big reveals are ten a penny in soaps. We have been assured that this is going to be something different, and, until it gets underway on Monday, I'll reserve my judgement.

I do remember about 15 years ago the Beales family being torn down when he went bankrupt ? Or am I wrong lol so again nothing new and your properly right it will be when she trip in Max's office that killed her witch will be a massive cop out
  • Options
    Forum Member
    KieranDS wrote: »
    The hype is for the aftermath and how it affects various people. Not seeing Lucy's dead body.

And I'm i missing something coz the promos are about who did it and the billboards are about who did it I'm sorry your wrong
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I do remember about 15 years ago the Beales family being torn down when he went bankrupt ? Or am I wrong lol so again nothing new and your properly right it will be when she trip in Max's office that killed her witch will be a massive cop out

You can't compare going bankrupt to the sudden death of a child and his believing that she was murdered. There may even be doubt over whether she was killed or committed suicide.

I'm not that bothered about the reveal, they are so often a disappointment...I want the story.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And I'm i missing something coz the promos are about who did it and the billboards are about who did it I'm sorry your wrong

You're calling something a let down when the storyline hasn't even begun properly yet.

The immediate aftermath is how the family deal with it. That's when the storyline really begins. And that happens on Monday.

The hype was never for the minute at the end of last nights episode. So how is it a let down?
  • Options
    JayLee1JayLee1 Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would read the OP's post but I can't really make much sense of it - I think the general gist of it is yet another long rant about how awful EastEnders is, which is nothing new on Digital Spy soap forums. Personally, I thought it was cracking stuff - and next week's episodes look brilliant.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smashed to pieces by Bianca's supersonic voice

Are they not about who killed her as opposed to who murdered her?

There is a big difference
  • Options
    Forum Member
    KieranDS wrote: »
    You're calling something a let down when the storyline hasn't even begun properly yet.

The immediate aftermath is how the family deal with it. That's when the storyline really begins. And that happens on Monday.

The hype was never for the minute at the end of last nights episode. So how is it a let down?

Love the whole EE fan base amazing the show can do no wrong even tho it's been poor for so long lol it really is amazing. And like I put we seen it all before on EE and other soap it's nothing new at all. So plz all the EE fan bbc EE them selfs stop acting like it something new and it's gonna be grand braking in the words of the EP of EE lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love the whole EE fan base amazing the show can do no wrong even tho it's been poor for so long lol it really is amazing. And like I put we seen it all before on EE and other soap it's nothing new at all. So plz all the EE fan bbc EE them selfs stop acting like it something new and it's gonna be grand braking in the words of the EP of EE lol

Your posts are hard to read.