Broadchurch - ITV Drama Series

Comments

• sixtynotoutsixtynotout Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cody1 wrote: »
    Gotta love H & S, when i did a paper round Triceratops was still about and no one gave a monkeys that i was 11 or if i was slipping on ice or getting bitten by dogs- you just emptied the bag and went back for your wages :D

Glad you put this on. I was starting to think I was a bad mother :).
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    Just read this on DS its got a few clues to the different people

'Broadchurch' episode one review: David Tennant drama matched hype

Some of the clues have already been picked up by posters on here :D
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My son did a paper round at 11 and got up on his own each morning, but I am sure I would have known if he hadn't gone. It's 24 years ago though so maybe not acceptable today.

Not a bit of it. My sons did the same. Did them good. Made them what they are today. :)
  • sixtynotoutsixtynotout Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a bit of it. My sons did the same. Did them good. Made them what they are today. :)

Sounds like Reggie Perrin :). . My son left home at 19 to live 200 miles away so he could get a 'foot on the ladder' and now runs his own very successful business. So there is something to be said for letting them do stuff for themselves. (Sorry to digress).
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    catsitter wrote: »
    He has his top button undone the whole time, even when on tv and at the press conference, (next to his boss who is very smart in her uniform). I would have thought he would at least do the button up and tighten his tie?

I think its maybe the look now t-shirt and suit jacket see that a lot as well, Tennant looks better scruffy im hoping he doesnt smarten up :p
    k1993d wrote: »
    I quite enjoyed this drama last night, probably because i spent most the time looking into David Tennants eyes, but anyway...

Im just a bit confused about the reporter lady who stole the cuddly toy. I mean why would she do that? and why did Tennants boss ask him if he was sure about taking the case? Is there a link to the reporter lady and DT? She was very eager to report the crime. maybe she and DT had a previous relationship and a child that maybe passed away?

Never thought of that youre right they could have a past history I was thinking they would get together while they are both staying in the same hotel
  • ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LaineyT wrote: »
    My moneys on the secret boyfreind. Noticed he had big hands when he put them around the little lads sisters neck to kiss her.. I bet Daniel found out about them ;)

Or I could be totally wrong :D[/QUOTE

I thought the same as soon as I saw him. Murder is a bit harsh if he did find out about a possible relationship. At 11 I'm sure the odd tenner or video game would have bought his silence.

Early stages but I am leaning towards someone a lot younger being involved.

In regards to the monkey she stole. The CSI obsessive part of me is screaming DNA test :o
  • jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm hoping it's the vicar so we can see lots more of Arthut Darvill. I think that's a good way to decide who did it!!!!

This did make me chuckle on the DS review

God knows what will happen when Arthur Darvill and Tennant collide on screen. There'll be some nerdgasm meltdown across the UK.

So true :D I had a bit of a moment when I saw both of them was in it. And at my age, I shouldn't really be getting excited about such things!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a little moment seeing three people who had been in Harry Potter lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a little moment seeing three people who had been in Harry Potter lol
    I only ever saw the first HP, but didn't grab me, so didn't watch anymore. Pretty sure if I had, I'd have had a moment too!!!:D

I also had a moment re the old bloke in the newsagents. Not a sexy moment but a kind of yayyy, the old bloke who seems to be in any show that demands sinister is back! Because for the life of me, I couldn't remember the actors name and I still can't!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jende wrote: »
    I only ever saw the first HP, but didn't grab me, so didn't watch anymore. Pretty sure if I had, I'd have had a moment too!!!:D

I also had a moment re the old bloke in the newsagents. Not a sexy moment but a kind of yayyy, the old bloke who seems to be in any show that demands sinister is back! Because for the life of me, I couldn't remember the actors name and I still can't!

David Bradley. He was in Harry Potter lol
  • kat180kat180 Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't he delete thousands of files from his computer? What on earth were those boys up too I wonder?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Bradley. He was in Harry Potter lol

Thank you. See I told you, pops up alll over the place! But I do like him as an actor, normally playing the grumpy and slightly sinister bloke!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kat180 wrote: »
    Didn't he delete thousands of files from his computer? What on earth were those boys up too I wonder?

It could be a red herring, ie the boy thinks it's bad because he's a kid and it has nothing to do with anything!

Or one small piece of the jigsaw puzzle. I would imagine we'd find out quite soon, because I imagine the police will look at the computer of the dead boys and find the same stuff.
  • BellaFigaBellaFiga Posts: 1,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also think Olivia Colman's husband dunnit.

For no apparent reason. It was just the way he covered his mouth when saying something and I got the visceral oh my god it was him feeling.

Which is odd because apparently the cast weren't aware who the murderer was until they filmed the final episode.
  • mccaffepmccaffep Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    Will Broadchurch be available on Virgin media iplayer ? I recorded it but the TiVo box deleted it
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    k1993d wrote: »
    and why did Tennants boss ask him if he was sure about taking the case?/QUOTE]

I said in an earlier post that I think the 'state' of DT is something to do with his last case. Hence the 'Columbo' look :o
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it
  • Clarkie66Clarkie66 Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    mccaffep wrote: »
    Will Broadchurch be available on Virgin media iplayer ? I recorded it but the TiVo box deleted it

It is on Virgin TiVo Catch Up now and should be until Sunday night.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was very good, far better than "Mayday".
  • mccaffepmccaffep Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    Clarkie66 wrote: »
    It is on Virgin TiVo Catch Up now and should be until Sunday night.

In the STV region I've checked under days & channels and it's not there.
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was good looking forward to next weeks
  • beerqueenbeerqueen Posts: 91
    Forum Member

It's true though - it's illegal for anyone of 11 to do a paper round - and certainly round here all the shop-keepers are strict - I guess they can be prosecuted. My sons would have loved to have earned some cash before the age of 13 but no chance! Maybe it'll be explained later on and will be part of the plot - if not, it's very bad for the writers to have got that so wrong.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,679
    Forum Member
    I thought it was very good, far better than "Mayday".

Yes, I'm watching both but Mayday is a bit too neurotic for me. I was very impressed with Broadchurch though.
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LaineyT wrote: »
    My moneys on the secret boyfreind. Noticed he had big hands when he put them around the little lads sisters neck to kiss her.. I bet Daniel found out about them ;)

Or I could be totally wrong :D

We noticed the big hands. He also seemed very interested in what the police had said. I'm hoping it isn't him as that feels too obvious and he seemed like on of the first 'potential' perpetrators.
  • puddytatpuddytat Posts: 6,351
    Forum Member
    Yes, I'm watching both but Mayday is a bit too neurotic for me. I was very impressed with Broadchurch though.

love Mayday and Broadchurch but am getting muddled with who's in which series. Both cracking series though.
This discussion has been closed.