Options

What do Everton need to do to get recognition?

jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,075
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Yesterday Everton moved into 4th, we are 2 points ahead of Aresnal, and level on 33 games, but we are still getting hardly any recognition, all I keep hearing about is how Roberto has played the Loan market, we aren't 4th just because of Lukaku, Barry and Delofleu. But also because we have the likes of Coleman and Baines.

Weve spent less money, and have lesser players than the other big teams.

We don't even have a Thread on here that stays active for very long, what is about Everton that nobody seems to like.

Nice to see Roberto on GoS today. I hope we do finish 4th, and stuff up Aresnal and there fans godridden right for top 4

Comments

• Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Everton have got a great amount of recognition this season and rightly so. Im not sure what you were expecting?
  • Options
    alanrollinsalanrollins Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am quite happy to plod along without it anyway, but I think most realise how well we have done.

What would be nice is for a few of those who thought we were fjcked once Moyes left to admit they were a bit off the mark.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everton have had lots of praise this season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday Everton moved into 4th, we are 2 points ahead of Aresnal, and level on 33 games, but we are still getting hardly any recognition, all I keep hearing about is how Roberto has played the Loan market, we aren't 4th just because of Lukaku, Barry and Delofleu. But also because we have the likes of Coleman and Baines.

Weve spent less money, and have lesser players than the other big teams.

We don't even have a Thread on here that stays active for very long, what is about Everton that nobody seems to like.

Nice to see Roberto on GoS today. I hope we do finish 4th, and stuff up Aresnal and there fans godridden right for top 4

I think it would also help to show a touch more respect for opposing fans than you have showed in your last post. It bugs me at times that those Everton fans you see on this board typically have that sort of attitude, which I think does us a disservice at times.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    Everton have got a great amount of recognition this season and rightly so. Im not sure what you were expecting?

There seems to be discussions on here about every other club, even some who are struggling in the lower lagues, it has been months since anybody has posted on the Everton Thread on this site/

On the Sky/BT thread, we are talked about like we aren't even one of the Top 7 sides in this Country, Just because we have to play Man U and Mam C at home, we are kinda viewed as well they will loose those games.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it would also help to show a touch more respect for opposing fans than you have showed in your last post. It bugs me at times that those Everton fans you see on this board typically have that sort of attitude, which I think does us a disservice at times.

Why its how I feel
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't make it obligatory for you to post it.

I have a slight headache after just three drinks last night, there.
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ....We don't even have a Thread on here that stays active for very long, what is about Everton that nobody seems to like...
    Where are the Everton fans to sustain a DS Everton Supporters thread? All the other large clubs seem to be represented with their own on going thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same as Manchester City, most tend to post in peace on their own separate fan forums.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    Where are the Everton fans to sustain a DS Everton Supporters thread? All the other large clubs seem to be represented with their own on going thread.

I tried to start one around Christmas time, it started well it had about 38 posts in the first day, but hasn't been used for about 3 months, The Wolves thread, and the League 2 thread gets more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same as Manchester City, most tend to post in peace on their own separate fan forums.

Didn't even know we had a fans forum elsewhere, if there is one, where would I find it
  • Options
    mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    it will be embrrising for moyes if they make the CL lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't even know we had a fans forum elsewhere, if there is one, where would I find it

Key grandoldteam into Google and happy days await you. I am biased but I doubt there is a better community of fans in one forum anywhere.

I would say that :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Key grandoldteam into Google and happy days await you. I am biased but I doubt there is a better community of fans in one forum anywhere.

Thanks that's more like it
  • Options
    Tel69Tel69 Posts: 27,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What godridden right for top 4 do us arsenal fans have? Where have we ever said we have to finish top 4 every year? If you knew anything about us you would have looked on our thread or other arsenal forums to see the weary resignation we have with our manager, club,players and the endless plodding along. Be a happy evertonian by all means but don't be a mug and call us out when it's clear you don't know what you're talking about.
  • Options
    seelleeseellee Posts: 10,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not down to fans of other clubs to keep an Everton thread going. Really don't see the point you are making. You seem to be having a go at fans from other clubs but really you should be having a go at your own fans. Many people support Everton all over the world so it's down to them to sustain a thread.

Personally I hope Everton do make top 4. Would be great. The only thing I'll say is that although Martinez has used the loan system well. What happens when the likes of Lukaku go back to their parent clubs. Because let's face it even with CL football, Everton could not afford Lukaku or the others you've loaned.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hardly think the extent of fan threads on DS are informed by a worldwide fanbase. I saw a Charlton thread here once.
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry but this is a dumb thread, Everton have got plenty of praise (all deserved). Some fans just willfully ignore any positive coverage of the club they support and seize on anything remotely negative to claim 'media bias' so tiresome.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member

Another option http://www.theevertonforum.co.uk/

I was on GOT for years,some decent posters on there, but in general I hated the place.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    Another option http://www.theevertonforum.co.uk/

I was on GOT for years,some decent posters on there, but in general I hated the place.

Why did you hate the place mate? Great website imo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    BossLid wrote: »
    Why did you hate the place mate? Great website imo.

I just felt that opinion was stifled at times and that some of the moderation was far too sensitive. I have no axe to grind with the website, I just feel the site I use ( and linked ) offers more freedom and therefore a truer reflection of fans ability to vent any frustrations or support without fear of reprimand.

Each to their own, as they say.

COYB
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the mods there are fine. There's little I have seen removed that most right minded people would say hasn't crossed an acceptable line.

By contrast, D...snip.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps the mods should merge this with the main Everton forum.

Anything to see us get that Part 2 in the bag...
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried to start one around Christmas time, it started well it had about 38 posts in the first day, but hasn't been used for about 3 months, The Wolves thread, and the League 2 thread gets more.

I wouldn't worry about it...a lot of the other threads are criticising their teams, we are doing well, don't really need to say a lot about it, our league position is there for all to see. If there was a lot of negatives I'm sure our thread would be busier with more posts.
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everton have done well this season, but I just can't see them finishing 4th as Arsenal always seem to sneak in, even when the odds are against them.