Annette Badland

124»

Comments

• Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Annette is fabulous, she's been in everything it seems. Great actress

I think Babe is her first soap role at least as a regular character anyway.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,319
    Forum Member
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    I think Babe is her first soap role at least as a regular character anyway.

She was/is in The Archers. :)
  • Options
    CriticFanCriticFan Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annette interview was quite short but she didn't deny a Ross Kemp return. Like Pam St Clement Annette speaks very well very different from Babe.

Have you seen her in anything else? Very versatile, very skilled actor.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have seen her previously in Doctor who, which I am sad to say, she had the unfortunate pleasure of playing a villain in the worst two parter ever done in the new series to date. She played an MP who were really an alien and her and a few others took over downing street and they were always farting. Not her fault. Just atrocious writing.

I have also seen her in Outlander, which she was great in. She did about 5/6 episodes. Her Scottish accent was superb and her character was really nice.

I also saw her in a one off appearance in Bad Girls, where she played a villain with an identity disorder.
  • Options
    NELLIENASHNELLIENASH Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anette was in a 1 off Channel 4 drama aired around 1984 called "Last Day of Summer". This was a truly superb piece of TV at its best and Annette was outstanding.

You should really try and see this- dont know if it's on You tube perhaps
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EE are lucky to have her.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    CriticFan wrote: »
    Have you seen her in anything else? Very versatile, very skilled actor.

Yes she is.

BBC2 start repeating Bergerac next week which was one of her first roles. She was secretary Charlotte for the first 3 seasons. I highly recommend tuning in to see her be very different to most of the stuff she has done in more recent years such as 'Cutting It', 'Doctor Who' and loads of other shows.
  • Options
    Whitehouse95Whitehouse95 Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    Annette Batman was in a stage show with MyCindy. I didn't know that.

You mean Cindy was in a stage show with YourBabe.

That''s why he detests Jason so much.

In denial this one.
  • Options
    Damon_PlemburyDamon_Plembury Posts: 3,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annets role as Sadie in 'Little Voice' is brilliant. Great Actress, always liked her
  • Options
    CardioCortezCardioCortez Posts: 11,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was incredible in tonight's episode. The strength of her acting actually make you feel sorry for such a cruel actor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love Annette to do an Interview with DS and to hear her take on how she plays Babe.
  • Options
    StreetFanStreetFan Posts: 729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    She was/is in The Archers. :)
    She was Corrie's Thelma Clegg in 2005.
  • Options
    StreetFanStreetFan Posts: 729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love Annette to do an Interview with DS and to hear her take on how she plays Babe.
    I saw her on Good Morning Britain last year discussing Babe. She seems like a delightful lady.
  • Options
    bumpandgrindbumpandgrind Posts: 12,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was excellent in Cutting It.
  • Options
    Rita's KabinRita's Kabin Posts: 36,448
    Forum Member
    Not an EE fan but I met Annette and Alan David (who have both appeared in Doctor Who) at a convention a number of years ago. Both very down to earth and chatty. Had my photo taken with both of them then later Annette came down to the bar and chatted to my friend and I about Bergerac, Dr. Who and acting in general. Turned out she has friends in my home town and comes here for a drink or two from time to time.

Lovely lady and very approachable. At some conventions you get the impression that some of the guests are just there for the money but I think Annette really enjoyed the experience and she seemed very interested in what was going on and the people who were attending. :)