Carla & Peter / Alison & Chris - Discussion/Appreciation/Fandom (3)

1129130131132133135»

Comments

• m-riverm-river Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kelly-x wrote: »
    Where are you hearing it from? I really don't think she is is nothing has been confirmed that she is so probably not.

facebook. Atleast six or seven different people have said it
  • lmdplmdp Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Anyone still around?
    Forum Member
    edited 07/12/17 - 09:26 #3355
    For anyone new to this thread or who wants to keep up with this thread I thought I'd post some spoilers below.

Her return date is 22nd December.

Things we know:

- 99% sure she and Daniel will be having a fling
    - she has a motive for the fling - not sure why?
    - she returns with a secret that only Roy knows and will become clear over the following weeks and months
    - she is vulnerable
    - she becomes involved in the Kate/ Rana plot
    - she and Michelle will fall out down the line
    - she is a long term return
    - she isn't drinking

My theory is she is ill, possibly with some sort of liver disease and needs a transplant. I think her reason for the fling with Daniel is because she realises life could be short an wants to have fun - it seems clear although she has chemistry with Peter she isn't currently after a relationship so I'm not sure she'd want to make him jealous?

My old account was maraboutcarla. Annoyingly as this is a new account I can't post links yet but I will!
  • Carla-esqueCarla-esque Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey everyone! V excited about Carla's return. Hope the liver disease rumours are false, though..
  • carla barlowcarla barlow Posts: 402
    Forum Member
    lmdp wrote: »

I'm so sad you forgot me when I'm the one that started these threads off way back in 2011 lol!
    Forum Member
    Hey everyone! V excited about Carla's return. Hope the liver disease rumours are false, though..

I stopped (religiously) watching Corrie when Ali left, but I will potentially start it up again if only to see her parts when she returns. Liver disease storyline would be pretty boring IMO - I read an interview saying there was this big secret and they were going in a completely diff direction - but I'm not holding my breath! I would essentially like Carla to have some happiness for a change!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3 days!
    Forum Member
    Omg sorry Carla Barlow was just going through last few pages!
    Forum Member
    3 days!
    Squeeeeee not long now =)
    Omg sorry Carla Barlow was just going through last few pages!
    Hehe np hun ;) how you been?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 21/12/17 - 23:02 #3362
    So excited!! :)
    Forum Member
    So Christmas Day episode Carla & Peter kept missing spotting each other by a matter of seconds.... intentional much writers? :D
    Forum Member
    I miss this thread :(

I've been okay @carla barlow :) How about you? I didn't really watch Corrie from the Peter & Tina affair onwards. Only just got back in.
    Yesterday on the Corrie Advice page information about Kidney Disease and Transplants was uploaded so I think that means Carla's illness is to do with that.
    Forum Member
    I miss this thread :(

I've been okay @carla barlow :) How about you? I didn't really watch Corrie from the Peter & Tina affair onwards. Only just got back in.
    Yesterday on the Corrie Advice page information about Kidney Disease and Transplants was uploaded so I think that means Carla's illness is to do with that.

We can totally revive this thread now C&P are breathing the same air again =D

Not too bad thanks hun!

Seem you were right re: spoiler also! I'm kind of disappointed, but I will still watch. I LOVE Carla/Roy friendship/substitute father thing <3
    Forum Member
    Yes we must!

Some spoilers below!

I have been told Peter and Toyah have an argument (I am wondering it if is about Simon, or the fact the surrogate sadly miscarries) and he runs to Carla.

I know Carla and Simon share a scene, I think to do with him trying to get money off her or something.

And Carla and Daniel will happen somewhere along the line.

From the new year trailer - which I believe only covers the next few weeks, Carla collapses and then we see her in hospital, being wheeled away to surgery, with Johnny and Kate in the background looking happy. I am thinking this could be Dialysis access surgery?

Also Careless whispers - not sure how to upload a photo but if you go to my twitter @alikingsarmy you can see that a few 3,5 and 6 could apply to Carla.

Friday 19th Jan - Tensions rise at the Rovers as Michelle overhears Toyah telling Leanne that she can't stand Carla and is only pretending to be friends so she can keep an eye on her and Peter. Michelle throws a drink over Toyah. Eva and Leanne get caught in the crossfire so Toyah has back-up. Michelle continues to give Toyah a piece of her mind - she can't believe that Toyah is so insecure about Peter and Carla's romantic history. Toyah and Leanne get ready to retaliate as Eva and Carla play peacemaker. Carla is then drenched by a pint! Where will it end?
    Forum Member
    Yes we must!

Some spoilers below!

I have been told Peter and Toyah have an argument (I am wondering it if is about Simon, or the fact the surrogate sadly miscarries) and he runs to Carla.

I know Carla and Simon share a scene, I think to do with him trying to get money off her or something.

And Carla and Daniel will happen somewhere along the line.

From the new year trailer - which I believe only covers the next few weeks, Carla collapses and then we see her in hospital, being wheeled away to surgery, with Johnny and Kate in the background looking happy. I am thinking this could be Dialysis access surgery?

Also Careless whispers - not sure how to upload a photo but if you go to my twitter @alikingsarmy you can see that a few 3,5 and 6 could apply to Carla.

Friday 19th Jan - Tensions rise at the Rovers as Michelle overhears Toyah telling Leanne that she can't stand Carla and is only pretending to be friends so she can keep an eye on her and Peter. Michelle throws a drink over Toyah. Eva and Leanne get caught in the crossfire so Toyah has back-up. Michelle continues to give Toyah a piece of her mind - she can't believe that Toyah is so insecure about Peter and Carla's romantic history. Toyah and Leanne get ready to retaliate as Eva and Carla play peacemaker. Carla is then drenched by a pint! Where will it end?

Hello!

I couldn't get the link to work to your twitter (and when I searched on twitter you don't show up either?) Did you change your username or am I being a noob? :)

I was behind on Corrie but just caught up with it and am amused at Daniel/Carla (I don't ship them, ofc, but at least she's having a laugh and if it winds up Peter at the same time that's a nice bonus).

I particularly enjoyed the scene with her fainting in the Rovers, and Peter's look of absolute relief when she regained consciousness.

<3
    Forum Member
    Some screenies <3

a3jzo2.jpg

m8zbb4.jpg

21dl63b.jpg

xbwco7.png
    Forum Member
    It's now lovingaliking :)

Love seeing Peter getting so angry aha
    Forum Member
    Ahhh ty :)

Yes he gets very worked up doesn't he :lol:

I really like Roy/Carla father/daughter thing also <3
    Forum Member
    I LOVE Roy and Carla. They have the most exquisite relationship. I do like Johnny too though. Daniel and Carla were fun while it lasted, but I still gun for Carla and Peter.

Although Charlie De Melo (Imran) did reply to my tweet asking if he had any scenes with Ali King and he said 'That would be telling'. There was a definite look between them last Friday, though it could have been to do with the fact Carla was discussing her sex life loud and proud!
    Forum Member
    262ayqg.png

Yay they kissed <3
  • rayofsunshinerayofsunshine Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    I have to say i did not see it coming! Obviously there's been build up with their characters and I thought it might happen a month or so down the line but not so soon! In my mind Carla was going to get close to Peter just as Nick was returning! I know that they are agreeing to ignore it for the while but I guess that won't be the case for too long, especially with the spoilers for next week throwing them together again.

It was really nice, for once, that this wasn't spoiled and that we had the shock of thinking 'oh god are they going to kiss? they're going to kiss' in that moment! So often these things are teased too much and it was nice that this was a genuine surprise. I had thought I'd be lucky if we'd get a hug let alone this!!

• yourfabulousyourfabulous Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say i did not see it coming! Obviously there's been build up with their characters and I thought it might happen a month or so down the line but not so soon! In my mind Carla was going to get close to Peter just as Nick was returning! I know that they are agreeing to ignore it for the while but I guess that won't be the case for too long, especially with the spoilers for next week throwing them together again.

It was really nice, for once, that this wasn't spoiled and that we had the shock of thinking 'oh god are they going to kiss? they're going to kiss' in that moment! So often these things are teased too much and it was nice that this was a genuine surprise. I had thought I'd be lucky if we'd get a hug let alone this!!

I still can't believe it was kept out of the spoilers!

I loved the whole build up to the kiss tbh. It was a perfect way to show that their connection is still very much there.