Carla & Peter / Alison & Chris - Discussion/Appreciation/Fandom (3)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    I'm still so happy for you guys that you met them!! :):):)

And (creepy I know, but please forgive) were the slippers like slip-on granny slippers or more like uggs?!

They were pinky purple ugg like slippers! :p Poor woman probably thinks I'm her new stalker now haha!

It is possible she was wearing a dress, but if she was it was a very short one. I sound like a massive Ali perv saying this but she had a black coat on and when she was walking we could see her legs, so if it was a dress the dress was way above knee length :D:p

I definitely think Carla is more involved in the fire than we've been lead to think. It could all just be a coincidence but I just find it funny that Ali's been working long hours with special effects in and out all of the time and now she's hurt her back! Also Ali was supposed to have yesterday off but she was in, I'm not sure if she was filming or just popping in but she was in!

Maybe I'm just being too wishful :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I read or heard somewhere they film outside stuff exterior on the night shoots, and inside in a warehouse later. People was asking about burnind down inside the studios and obvs they can't because the rovers is in a film studio so the warehouse was probs for that.
  • rayofsunshinerayofsunshine Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    kerry1681 wrote: »
    Could Ali not be wearing a dress under her coat and slippers? I.e what she'd be wearing on the fire evening, and still in the same stuff? I remember Ali S saying she saw Ali stood there are the night shoot in 'killer heels' so she might be in a dress, and still filming the fire day or after it.

I reckon you could be onto a winner!! Carla does wear some real short dresses, and skirts so this could be the case!! Only time will tell I suppose! ;)
    They were pinky purple ugg like slippers! :p Poor woman probably thinks I'm her new stalker now haha!

I definitely think Carla is more involved in the fire than we've been lead to think. It could all just be a coincidence but I just find it funny that Ali's been working long hours with special effects in and out all of the time and now she's hurt her back! Also Ali was supposed to have yesterday off but she was in, I'm not sure if she was filming or just popping in but she was in!

Maybe I'm just being too wishful :p

Haha, certainly by what it seems Carla may well have a much larger role, or at least perhaps be in the background or - say if she's having a girly night with Michelle, Sunita et al, then she could be playing a part like that, or with Peter!

And yes I would be almost certain that the filming in the warehouse is regarding the interior fire in the rovers; that cameraman Andrew hinted at how it was big or spectacular stuff so it must be re the fire; and it makes sense it would hav to be done away from it all!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's nice to have some action on this thread again!

Maybe Peter (being one of the strong men of he street) gets involved with helping try to get people out, in that case Carla would definitely be around as she'd be worrying about him.
  • Holz_Holz_ Posts: 1,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still so happy for you guys that you met them!! :):):)
    haha thanks :)
    And re Leanne, we can speculate until we are blue in the face, but for me, whilst Carla and Peter are happy together and there are no spoilers on the horizon are suggesting otherwise I am going to be happy and content!
    True. There's no actual evidence anything happens soo.
    kerry1681 wrote: »
    Could Ali not be wearing a dress under her coat and slippers? I.e what she'd be wearing on the fire evening, and still in the same stuff? I remember Ali S saying she saw Ali stood there are the night shoot in 'killer heels' so she might be in a dress, and still filming the fire day or after it.
    Didn't someone tweet photos (think it might've been Kym?) of her and someone else in dresses on the first day of night shoots? My guess is, in typical corrie style, there's some big event at the bistro that everyone is dressed up for when the fire starts. Then if Shobna was filming there as well, perhaps the reason people start to suspect it wasn't Sunita who started it was because she was in the bistro?

The slippers thing confuses me a bit, but they could have been normal outdoor uggs, which Ali loves and constantly wears on set, rather than slippers maybe? Or maybe she was just wearing slippers outside because they were warm? Or maybe they were filming something at the flat either before or after the fire, and it was unrelated? Either way, Ali and Chris were filming together and Ali had legs on show, which can only be a good thing in whatever context!
    There was a photo of Tracey Barlow running down the street when the fire takes hold, someone posted it
    Eccles was seen in pictures twice with his safety jacket on in publicity photos and he is Ken's dog. He'd probs have to be out there anyway cos smoke might seep into The Barlows, but might have been a clue.
    See this definitely makes me think that Ken, Deirdre etc are in danger in the fire, seeing as they live next door there was bound to be some fire damage to their house at least. Which I think is why the fact that Ali appeared to be filming with Bill Roache a lot last week interested me. Not saying that Carla is necessarily the hero of the piece who pulls Ken out or anything, but perhaps he's in hospital and she's visiting, or, it's Deirdre, or god forbid Peter, in hospital and they're having a heart to heart?
    And I still haven't forgotten she was hanging about with Dr Carter and Sunita in those random Bistro scenes, with Sean, Jason and Tommy of all people, all involved with the fire, and must come before all the fire stuff. And they was all filming two days straight in there. All bit a strange.
    Really want to know now. Trust us to all excited/worried/nervous and then nothing happens again ha
    I'm trying to think of some event that they'd all be celebrating in the bistro that night. Unless a load of them just happen to be in there anyway, having meals/drinks separately? Maybe whoever starts the fire wants most people to in the bistro, ie not in the pub, because they're targeting a specific person, not half the street? In which case, who would have the power to get everyone to the bistro? Nick? Kylie? Leanne? Some random person who invents a reason for a party there?
    LibbyScott wrote: »
    Interesting how Shobna herself tweeted she was filming with Ali King and Kym Lomas a few days before the night shoots but that was in the Bistro I think and a lot of the cast were there.
    The only thing about Shobna tweeting about being in the bistro is surely they'd have been sworn to secrecy over the important details, so for her to be able to tweet that she was there with Ali and Kym must mean it's not as significant as we're thinking. Or it is and she's decided to do it anyway 'cause she's leaving and doesn't care anymore :p

It is possible she was wearing a dress, but if she was it was a very short one. I sound like a massive Ali perv saying this but she had a black coat on and when she was walking we could see her legs, so if it was a dress the dress was way above knee length :D
    I seriously wish I'd stayed now :D Damn train, I could've had a perv!
    I reckon you could be onto a winner!! Carla does wear some real short dresses, and skirts so this could be the case!! Only time will tell I suppose! ;)
    Does Carla usually wear dresses that short though? Usually she'd be wearing tights with it at least? From what Lisa said it sounds it was mid-thigh at the lowest...
    But if it wasn't a dress, what was she wearing underneath? Unless they were interrupted during a nude scene? :D
    Maybe Peter (being one of the strong men of he street) gets involved with helping try to get people out, in that case Carla would definitely be around as she'd be worrying about him.
    Certainly if his family are involved/potentially hurt he'd be right there, and Carla would be looking for him like you said. I am a bit worried about how he'll feel if Leanne is caught up in it as well, but we said we weren't gonna panic over Petanne so I'll shut up.

It did briefly cross my mind that this fire would bring back traumatic memories for Peter of the tram crash, and perhaps the filming with Bill is connected to that somehow, ie maybe Peter hits the bottle for 6000002nd time? I hope I'm wrong but.

I actively hated the fire idea right from when it was a rumour in The Sun, but now with the possibility of Carla and Peter being heavily involved I'm suddenly excited for it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    They were definitely slippers! They're those fluffy ugg looking ones you can get with no sole. Like Holz said though they could have just been filming a flat scene as they came down off the street set and headed towards the warehouse/cast car park, then Chris came out about 10 minutes later and Ali about another 10 minutes, so I'm guessing she was just getting changed to go home!

I so should have just been all "Ey up Ali, what were you just filming?! ;)" when she came out :p

But yeah, I don't think she's drastically involved because Ali S said their big storyline isn't until May. I'm thinking maybe the Rovers has an explosion and after Ali S said Carla was stood on the street in her killer heels, I'm thinking maybe there's an explosion and Carla is one of the ones standing on the street who get thrown to the floor by the explosion and she could have just pulled her back trying to do a stunt like that?
  • ElleBelleElleBelle Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Considering they live next door to the Rovers, it's possible Ken and Dierdre could end up living temporarily with Carla and Peter in their flat.
  • princesseggnessprincesseggness Posts: 494
    Forum Member
    And re Leanne, we can speculate until we are blue in the face, but for me, whilst Carla and Peter are happy together and there are no spoilers on the horizon are suggesting otherwise I am going to be happy and content! ;)

Hey Rayof, I'm with you here!! Might just as well enjoy Carter whilst it lasts. All that agonising over whether Peter and Leanne are venturing back into Petanne territory, is so not good for the soul. It means, we are not totally indulging ourselves on those precious few moments that's all Carter. And, let's face it, they are so totally precious. It could be over by the summer,..heaven forbid. But, it could, eh? So, whilst Carter seem totally into each other, and very cure right now,...let's just enjoy. :)
    Forum Member
    Holz_ wrote: »
    Hey guys!

I'll upload the photos tomorrow/sunday, but I was at the gates on mon and Tuesday and am still on a massive high at having met Ali twice! Admittedly the first time she was in a massive rush so I didn't even get an autograph as she late picking up Daisy, but I was stood inches from her which is dizzying in itself. Then on Tuesday me and the group I was with got her to stop (partly thanks to a makeshift banner we made out of boredom :D) and I got a photo and autograph which I was chuffed about. I practically skipped back to the travelodge!

The only really gutting thing was on the wed, two of people I'd been with and I went down to the gates before we left, and I had to leave to get a train after an uneventful hour, only for Chris AND Ali to come out half an hour later, both stopping and getting photos with the other two people I'd been there with. Massively gutting but I still met Ali the day before soon.

*On Wednesday, guttingly just after I'd left, the two other people I was with saw Ali and Chris walk heading towards the warehouse. Ali was in slippers and had bare legs apparently. So praying for carter scenes!

Sooooo v glad you had a fabulous time Ali/Carter spotting. Shame about the missed timing though. :( But, it could have been worse - you might not have seen Ali at all. So not all bad. :)
    Forum Member
    Seems to be a few new faces here. So, hello to you all, and welcome! :)
    Forum Member
    I have to say, I'm beginning to get a bit excited about all these snippets about the Rovers fire. I had no actual expectation about Carter being involved. But, now, I'm beginning to think how can they not be involved in some way. Even if it's through Peter's relatives - Ken and Dreary living next door to the Rovers? Plus, Carter live on the Street too. I suspect it's just like what's been speculated here. I bet Peter gets involved by helping, or even rescuing people. And, Carla will be at her wits end worry about him. And,...who's to say the fact that Stella, Eva, and Leanne, being so heavily involved, won't get Peter more involved than perhaps even he might want. Don't forget he's got Simon's welfare to think about. If Leanne is at the Pub that night, then so will Simon,...most probably. So Peter will be worried about his son, more than anything. BUT, Peter does still care about Leanne. So, if Leanne gets in danger, that might just complicate matters.

Enough said. Can't wait. Thankfully, we won't have too long for once. :)
  • LibbyScottLibbyScott Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you. I love the characters Carla and Peter so I couldn't resist posting on here :D

I was looking at the preview pictures here http://www.itv.com/coronationstreet/picturepreviews/mon25febtofri1mar/ and on the last page it says -
    "Paul is mortified when Sean invites the factory girls to watch him do the Full Monty"
    So... I'm thinking this could in fact be related to the Bistro scenes that I assume we shall be able to watch next month ? :D
    Someone posted this picture when a lot of the cast were tweeting about being there for 2 days etc...
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=550248761666885&set=pb.171237732901325.-2207520000.1361643654&type=3&theater

Paula Lane on twitter said we will all be pleased with the results :p
  • rayofsunshinerayofsunshine Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    Thank you. I love the characters Carla and Peter so I couldn't resist posting on here :D

I was looking at the preview pictures here http://www.itv.com/coronationstreet/picturepreviews/mon25febtofri1mar/ and on the last page it says -
    "Paul is mortified when Sean invites the factory girls to watch him do the Full Monty"
    So... I'm thinking this could in fact be related to the Bistro scenes that I assume we shall be able to watch next month ? :D
    Someone posted this picture when a lot of the cast were tweeting about being there for 2 days etc...
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=550248761666885&set=pb.171237732901325.-2207520000.1361643654&type=3&theater

Paula Lane on twitter said we will all be pleased with the results :p

It wouldn't surprise me if some massive event such as the full monty or a party or something coincided with the big reveal. Surely it would have to take place in the bistro and now that Gail knows and she's soon to confide in someone it will all come out in the next month or so! I wonder if that is what Paula was tweeting in relation to!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    dont know if anyone is watching dancing on ice but ali king in audience. got a little glimpse of her with charlie condou and jennie mcalpine :)
  • madaboutcarlamadaboutcarla Posts: 10,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Present.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2qti6fG7bk

I CAN MAKE VIDEOS!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That video is AMAZING!

There's a new interview with Stuart Blackburn in the TV Times and he has said there's a big storyline ahead for Peter and Carla. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a461724/coronation-street-boss-teases-hayley-stella-carla-future.html

"There's a big storyline ahead for Peter and Carla, we're going to be moving them on apace. Tracy's been relatively quiet of late - she'll come back to the fore."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG! "Moving them on apace" - that implies together right? Baby maybe?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Present.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2qti6fG7bk

I CAN MAKE VIDEOS!
    Just got round to watching this now my wifi is working again and OMG I love it. So glad you can videos again.
    There's a new interview with Stuart Blackburn in the TV Times and he has said there's a big storyline ahead for Peter and Carla. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a461724/coronation-street-boss-teases-hayley-stella-carla-future.html

"There's a big storyline ahead for Peter and Carla, we're going to be moving them on apace. Tracy's been relatively quiet of late - she'll come back to the fore."
    I may have just squealed at that. Does "moving them on a pace" mean a wedding?! OMG I would die. I'm just hoping it's a wedding and not a baby, but everyone knows my views on carter babies already so yeah.
    Wondering whether the Tracey thing is connected to Carter, and if so, whether she might be causing some trouble with said "moving on"? Surely she can't ruin ANOTHER wedding, though? Especially not for Peter, it'd be her third!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you! :-)

And this SL sounds fairly positive for now; I take as a wedding/ baby - if wedding please be a happy one
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you! :-)

And this SL sounds fairly positive for now; I take as a wedding/ baby - if wedding please be a happy one

Right so I'm not sure I'll be able to write as much as I want, but my thoughts.

From that, it does sound positive, at lease it sounds like will moving forward in their relationship.

I take this as either a wedding/ engagement, or a baby.

A wedding could be wonderful, I'd be delighted, but I worry that a) the Tracy mention could mean she jeopardises it, or that Peter will then have doubts/ question his feelings and Petanne wil come back into the equation. I just feel it won't run smoothly, but hey, a year ago Chris said on This Morning they wouldn't be together long and they still are.. so who knows?

A babu could be brilliant, or awful:

Cons:

- Carla isn't maternal
    - They could turn Carla into something she isn't
    - Ali could get bored if they turn Carla into a typical mother

Pros

- it's a fresh, new storyline
    - could challenge Carla
    - bring out the best in Ali
    - we could see Carla struggle (not necessarily a pro, but would be more realistic?)
    - we could see a different side to Carla
    - open up for some info on her childhood
    - make her a part of Peter's life forever?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The paranoia has returned after about 10 minutes of happiness, as someone pointed out that just because he said they're "moving them on" doesn't necessarily mean moving them on together. Although admittedly it DOES sound fairly positive, if it's meant to be a big storyline, then let's face it a simple wedding or even a baby wouldn't really be dramatic enough to call it that. I think we can safely say SOMETHING will go wrong. I'm also really worried about Tracey's involvement, although at the moment she seems to like Carla and I don't see why she'd want to split them up. Hmm. Something to do with her and Rob maybe?

But back in the world of optimism and denial, Leah I totally agree with the pros and cons of a baby. I can totally see how it'd be a good storyline, and how it could have a load of different avenues etc to explore, but... I don't think I'll ever like the idea, to be honest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I definitely think it's positive - "moving them on apace" completely implies together to me, as in they're moving their relationship on. I think a baby could be described as a big storyline for Carla and Peter because I don't think it's going to be as simple as Carla getting pregnant and them being happy. If they get Carla pregnant I think it'll be an accident and I think she'll struggle with it, and I think that could potentially be a really good storyline. I know people don't want Carla to get pregnant because they think a baby would be out of character for her, but there's plenty of women who don't want babies and accidently get pregnant. Under normal circumstances she might get rid, but would she get rid of Peter's baby? I don't think so.

And also there's the added drama of Carla being pregnant with Peter's baby and Kylie possibly being pregnant with Nicks, and where that leaves Leanne.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It definitely sounds promising to me but I’m not really sure what he means by moving them on. Moving them on from what?

Unless I've read the quote wrong, this big storyline does involve Tracy, which makes me think it’s got something to do with the factory. Tracy works there now, she’s dating Rob - who owns a share in it - and ultimately it’s her brother’s girlfriend’s business, so I could be wrong but I reckon the chances are it has got something to do with the factory.
    There's a big storyline ahead for Peter and Carla, we're going to be moving them on apace.
    - I think that could lead to anything.

It looks like Alison K & Chris G were spotted out and about again today ;)

@eeeeeevangeline Just seen Peter and Carla in Wagamamas... I swear there's something going on in real life. https://twitter.com/eeeeeevangeline/status/306393367082852352

@AshHall: Just saw Peter and Carla together!! @LauraRachelleT @sazzaspeller https://twitter.com/AshHall/status/306401846422024192
    @LauraRachelleT: @AshHall @sazzaspeller no way! Why!? Were they working?
    @AshHall: @LauraRachelleT @sazzaspeller I didn't think to look for a camera! They looked so glamorous!
    @AshHall: @LauraRachelleT @sazzaspeller actually they were walking towards Granada studios!
    @AshHall: @sazzaspeller @laurarachellet they were in spinningfields, I was we'll excited! They're corrie royalty!

I wonder are they already working on this big storyline?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It definitely sounds promising to me but I’m not really sure what he means by moving them on. Moving them on from what?

Unless I've read the quote wrong, this big storyline does involve Tracy, which makes me think it’s got something to do with the factory. Tracy works there now, she’s dating Rob - who owns a share in it - and ultimately it’s her brother’s girlfriend’s business, so I could be wrong but I reckon the chances are it has got something to do with the factory.

- I think that could lead to anything.

It looks like Alison K & Chris G were spotted out and about again today ;)

@eeeeeevangeline Just seen Peter and Carla in Wagamamas... I swear there's something going on in real life. https://twitter.com/eeeeeevangeline/status/306393367082852352

@AshHall: Just saw Peter and Carla together!! @LauraRachelleT @sazzaspeller https://twitter.com/AshHall/status/306401846422024192
    @LauraRachelleT: @AshHall @sazzaspeller no way! Why!? Were they working?
    @AshHall: @LauraRachelleT @sazzaspeller I didn't think to look for a camera! They looked so glamorous!
    @AshHall: @LauraRachelleT @sazzaspeller actually they were walking towards Granada studios!
    @AshHall: @sazzaspeller @laurarachellet they were in spinningfields, I was we'll excited! They're corrie royalty!

I wonder are they already working on this big storyline?

They could be working on the build up?

I'd like to think, that the whole New Year Love Square continuation was a combination of leaving it open, getting a new producer and working out what people wanted for the characters after their break.

I'd to think the writers have picked up that Carla and Peter are still much preferred, and that the love square has run it's course.

Carla and Peter have been portrayed as very settled recently, I'm hoping that despite the very probably blow out of the baby reveal, Peter won't be involved, and that Nick and Leanne stick it out.

If so, then perhaps all is positive for Carla and Peter, at least for now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Moving them on'a pace' surely that means moving ahead or a step even. It doesn't sound like a parting of ways statement, or splitting up to me. It sounds like moving forward.

And wouldn't Carla and Peter's engagement/run up to an actual wedding be seen as a big story? They are not just any characters are they, or the people around them at the moment. They'd hype it up for sure. I think Corrie would see it as quite a big storyline. And no, it wouldn't be smooth sailing. Soap Weddings aren't. Carla and peter aren't. whatever drama they choose in the run up to it/in the middle of it. Leanne, Simon, Rob, Tracy? Tracy story might be seperate might it? Factory related or something? You'd never get a wedding without something going wrong/happening.

But they haven't had a wedding that has actually happened on Corrie, with two people that want to get married for ages. Nick and Leanne, Kirsty and Tyrone, steve and Tracy, Sophie and Sian. The last one was probrably Kylie and David. So they really don't need another non wedding story for a huge drama, right after the christmas one, and certainly not one with Leanne and Peter involved and them just swapping places 6 months or so later. I mean really?

If anyone gets cold feet, has doubts finds everything out and does the vanishing act it should be Carla, not Peter. He's the one with the work to do I think.

Pregnancy. Spoken about it loads of times. I don't have a problem with it, and I do think it's possible for Carla to stay true to her character and not get bored, and have a baby, I think she'd have a time of it and struggle with being pregancy and again with it being carla and peter I'm sure it'd be dramatic. But they have loads of baby stories at the moment. Tina might have had hers by then, and Kylie nearly. Those stories aren't going to end once the baby's are born, they are long running 'baby' stories. So another coming so close, with the timing of it, with Leanne and Nick and Kylie's baby reveal at the same time? Is that possible? Tho it'd be nice to have a carter story about them and not Leanne all the time