Options

Huge shock spoiler - do not read if you don't wanna know an unexpected tram death

Comments

• Options
    Point17Point17 Posts: 2,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its a pretty obvious shock character. she really has run her course, and they struggle to think of anything exciting for her. she has no family and audreys gone, etc.

the obvious unshock was ashley, cant believe he's alive, i thought for sure he'd be a goner..

but charlotte, sunita, rita and one more shock one still i think..
  • Options
    wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    Point17 wrote: »
    I think its a pretty obvious shock character. she really has run her course, and they struggle to think of anything exciting for her. she has no family and audreys gone, etc.

the obvious unshock was ashley, cant believe he's alive, i thought for sure he'd be a goner..

but charlotte, sunita, rita and one more shock one still i think..
    I wouldn't be too sure about Ashley. The Joinery collapses and suffocates him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    Flukie wrote: »
    I've seen a pic of a hearse in the street with a wreath spelling out 'Daddy' next to the coffin.

That's probably for Ashley, who is definitely being killed off.

That's what I assumed, however my Mum just said
    Leanne marries Peter on his deathbed so that she gets custody of Simon, so the Daddy wreath could be for Peter.
  • Options
    Born lippyBorn lippy Posts: 2,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emilybean wrote: »
    That's what I assumed, however my Mum just said
    Leanne marries Peter on his deathbed so that she gets custody of Simon, so the Daddy wreath could be for Peter.

No but maybe
    he miraculously recovers after that, preferably when Carla walks in and takes his hand

? here's hoping!
  • Options
    MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thet can't kill off Rita FAIRCLOUGH! :D

My earliest memory of Corrie from 1982 was that of Len and Rita moving from no9 (selling to Chalkie Whitely who then sold to Jack and Vera) to no7.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Born lippy wrote: »
    No but maybe
    he miraculously recovers after that, preferably when Carla walks in and takes his hand

? here's hoping!

LOL me, my boyfriend and a friend were arguing the other day because my friend said he'd well
    choose Carla over Leanne, (which I agreed) and my boyfriend kept saying Carla was disgusting.

I know that wasn't really a spoiler but if somebody chose not to read your post then they probably didn't want to see that xD
  • Options
    princesstinprincesstin Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Born lippy wrote: »
    No but maybe

? here's hoping!

I like your thinking :D
    emilybean wrote: »
    LOL me, my boyfriend and a friend were arguing the other day because my friend said he'd well
    choose Carla over Leanne, (which I agreed) and my boyfriend kept saying Carla was disgusting.

I know that wasn't really a spoiler but if somebody chose not to read your post then they probably didn't want to see that xD

I agree with you and your friend!

And as for Rita....they'd seriously better not kill her off. If they kill her
    Peter and Sunita
    off, I'm really not going to be happy with Corrie (but will probably keep watching after missing a couple of episodes in protest :p)
  • Options
    Polly_PerkinsPolly_Perkins Posts: 21,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rita wont die in the tram crash. But it wouldnt surprise me if she quit this year. Several of the long standing actors wanted to stay until the 50th. Ann Kirkbride was another who stated the same thing a couple of years back.

Barbara was ill recently and returned but I felt she came back just to make it to the 50th and would then retire.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    I thought 3 of the 4 deaths were going to be Charlotte, Ashley and Molly?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    Also, would they really kill off another long timer so soon after Jack Duckworth? (Sorry for the double post).
  • Options
    Born FreeBorn Free Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rita wont die in the tram crash. But it wouldnt surprise me if she quit this year. Several of the long standing actors wanted to stay until the 50th. Ann Kirkbride was another who stated the same thing a couple of years back.

Barbara was ill recently and returned but I felt she came back just to make it to the 50th and would then retire.

You do know those story's were just rumours don't you? Take them with a pinch of salt don't believe everything you read in the newspapers! ;)

I'm pretty curtain Rita won't die don't really think she's badly hurt to be honest.
  • Options
    James2001James2001 Posts: 73,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That could be Peter though, not neccessarily Ashley

It could also be Dev, Steve, and arguably John as well (with Fiz's premature baby), seeing as they also have young children...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought I had read on here (not the forum) a while back that Bill Tarmey was going to leave earlier but was asked to stay for the 50th anniversary :confused:
  • Options
    UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    Molly, Charlotte(obviously) and Ashley are definitely three. Rita isn't going to be one of them, or John.
  • Options
    MODTLMODTL Posts: 1,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seriously hope it's not Rita but I fear it is especially after reading this - clicked the thread hoping it'd reveal some other character :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After reading this i can see now who the 4th death could be but i think the deaths will be a deffinate
    Molly
    Ashley
    Charlotte

and
    Sunita

But now i think
    Sunita
    will survive and
    Rita
    will die
  • Options
    Forum Member
    James2001 wrote: »
    It could also be Dev, Steve, and arguably John as well (with Fiz's premature baby), seeing as they also have young children...
    Definitely not Steve, with Tracey coming back and taking Amy from him.
  • Options
    BBTIMEBBTIME Posts: 2,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rita would be a huge shock but I just don't see it being her. I think they will want to go for someone who's currently not involved in the crash. A character who we've seen but hasn't been overly used or directly involved.

At the moment they are hinting at Rita, Molly, Peter, Nick, Ashley, Sunita and Jason - the ones who are trapped but there's still 3 more nights to run, so more twists and turns will happen. The rescue teams are stuck meaning if something else goes wrong - collapsing buldings/another explosion/both then it will be the characters going to the rescue or who knows with them all rushing around who will be in the wrong place....

I'm still going for Janice. wasn't Keith Duffy leaving again too?
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DJGM wrote: »
    I'll believe it when I see it ... as I'm sure will many others . . .

Rita will be fine, she is like the terminator, she always comes back.
  • Options
    MODTLMODTL Posts: 1,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to DS there will be a special goodbye VT from one of the characters who perishes in the tragedy. Read into that what you will :(
  • Options
    DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What the hell?!? Post #67 of this thread posted by zoepaulpenny at 21:58 is exactly the same as
    something I posted in the thread about the emergency services in Manchester 18 mins earlier !!!

In case of any moderator changes to the two threads in question, here's a screengrab of the
    identical posts as they currently appear at this time (02:10am) in View Single Post mode.
  • Options
    BK.BK. Posts: 1,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DJGM wrote: »
    What the hell?!? Post #67 of this thread posted by zoepaulpenny at 21:58 is exactly the same as
    something I posted in the thread about the emergency services in Manchester 18 mins earlier !!!

In case of any moderator changes to the two threads in question, here's a screengrab of the
    identical posts as they currently appear at this time (02:10am) in View Single Post mode.
    That's because this Zoe person copied and pasted your post there. Hence why the BBCode you used doesn't show up on hers :p
  • Options
    DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmph ... just as I thought! I'm a victim of blatant forum post plagiarism!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    I've seen a pic of a hearse in the street with a wreath spelling out 'Daddy' next to the coffin.

That's probably for Ashley, who is definitely being killed off.

Probably but not necessarily. It could also be for John Stape, Peter Barlow, Kevin Webster or Dev Alahan. Steve Mcdonald is ruled out by upcoming storylines. Any one of them could be killed during the rescue efforts by falling debris or by minor injuries that deteriorate.
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it may be
    Sunita, Rita and Peter who die. The 'Daddy' wreath in the hearse could be for Peter

ha that rhymes!

Oh dear forgot about
    Molly!

Shame doesn't look like Owen is one!!
    Maybe he will get the blame for the gas explosionm:D