Brendan Brady (Emmett J. Scanlan) Fan Thread! (Part 112)

Comments

• LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duckmoo wrote: »
    "Cause your worth it, pet" *swishes*

Awww. I need Joel to cry in the near future though. I imagine he's a snotty one, like his real daddy. ;)

Ewww. :D
    Yes. :D Really he was choosing Brendan, then she twisted it.

SHE TWISTED IT ALL. And this is coming from an Amy lover.

That bitch. :mad: ;)
  • Ready Steady GoReady Steady Go Posts: 39,592
    Forum Member
    That bitch. :mad: ;)

Ste was all confused when she told him she'd written it.

Then he realised he had to choose Doug, just to save face. :cool:
    "Cause your worth it, pet" *swishes*

Awww. I need Joel to cry in the near future though. I imagine he's a snotty one, like his real daddy. ;)

Oh my. :o Can Brendan be involved too somehow? "Oi think yer worth it, Walker."

I like the idea of Joel being an ugly crier. He just needs to open the floodgates one day, and be all disgusting and blotchy and snotty. And Brendan can back away, until the only one left with Joely is his beloved Jaws.
  • BOOM-BBBOOM-BB Posts: 1,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Bren smiled, initially I thought the same as everyone else, that he was up to something, but then by the end, after he had read the letter, it looked like the smile was genuine, but there is still a chance that the solicitor is a fake and that our initial reaction was right. Brendan new he had split Stug up, so regardless of wether Stendan got back together, he had succeeded in doing that, it was one less thing to worry about. Brendan's reaction to the letter would have been the same wether the solicitor was fake or not, because ste has basically told Brendan that he is back with Doug and that they are 'in love'

If Brendan is still a silent partner, and Ste broke up with him after thinking he is 'free' from Brendan, but didn't go back to Doug, Brendan would have reacted totally different. So I do still think that Brendan could still have a part in the deli.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45,402
    Forum Member
    I doubt it, Boom, because when ES said about a level playing field or whatever, I think they're done getting one up on each other now, and Brendan knows Ste won't play his games anymore, because he's gotten too good at playing his own.

So they're equal. If that makes sense. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh my. :o Can Brendan be involved too somehow? "Oi think yer worth it, Walker."

I like the idea of Joel being an ugly crier. He just needs to open the floodgates one day, and be all disgusting and blotchy and snotty. And Brendan can back away, until the only one left with Joely is his beloved Jaws.

No, enough with yer Bralker. Ste could though. ;)

Joel being a ugly crier would make my life. And separate the real Joel fans from the pretenders. ;)

And Doug, knows how he feels, him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I also think this is basically meant to be a new, more even, start. No oneupmanship or anything.
    Forum Member
    No, enough with yer Bralker. Ste could though. ;)

Joel being a ugly crier would make my life. And separate the real Joel fans from the pretenders. ;)

And Doug, knows how he feels, him.

Ooh, yes to Stalker. :cool:

The pretenders being the ones who only like him when he's pretty? :p

Aw, I must be the only person who has no problem with crying!Doug. I really don't mind it or think it's childish. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aw, I must be the only person who has no problem with crying!Doug. I really don't mind it or think it's childish. :o

Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl, you cray.
  • MissCelticMissCeltic Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tezzabobs wrote: »
    I doubt it, Boom, because when ES said about a level playing field or whatever, I think they're done getting one up on each other now, and Brendan knows Ste won't play his games anymore, because he's gotten too good at playing his own.

Yeah I think thats it exactly

Phase 2:D
    Forum Member
    Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl, you cray.

I know, I'm an outcast on this thread. :o

I think it's because I find PJ a realistic crier, and I can just fan wank that he's having some kind of post traumatic stress disorder from Bex dying. *shakes fist at Hollyoaks writers who say any differently.*

Plus I don't particularly see crying as a sign of being weak or young, even if it's excessive. Plus I get why Doug's upset, despite the whole storyline being ridiculous as a whole.

Shall I expect the rock throwing to begin now? ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tezzabobs wrote: »

That is what I think ;) I was just putting it out there as a possibility, going off this week I ain't ruling anything out :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think it's because I find PJ a realistic crier, and I can just fan wank that he's having some kind of post traumatic stress disorder from Bex dying. *shakes fist at Hollyoaks writers who say any differently.*

Plus I don't particularly see crying as a sign of being weak or young, even if it's excessive. Plus I get why Doug's upset, despite the whole storyline being ridiculous as a whole.

YES, YOU SHALL. :mad:

It's not the crying that bugs me, per se (I love those rare moments when Brendan cries, for example) but it's so excessively weepy and melodramatic.

He genuinely comes across as a little unhinged and overly emotional, or in need of a good psychiatrist.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I dont find crying a sign of weakness or anything either but I do think he does it far too much and too soon and it does make him seem a bit sappy at times.

Then again I just hate Doug:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OT, I still do believe Emmett and Kieron when they say 'it's a love story' 'Brendan loves Ste, Ste loves Brendan. End of' 'Brendan is the love of Ste's life' etc, coz even though we are not seeing it now, wether on purpose or shit writing, they know the out come, and wether there is love there right now or not, it IS a love story, they were calling Stug a love story just after Stug realised his feelings:rolleyes: so I think when they use the word 'love' it doesn't always mean its there right this second.
    Forum Member
    MissCeltic wrote: »
    I dont find crying a sign of weakness or anything either but I do think he does it far too much and too soon and it does make him seem a bit sappy at times.

Then again I just hate Doug:D

I was rewatching the Boxing Day episode, and it was so sad when he said goodbye to Bex. So in my mind, he's still never dealt with it entirely, despite that episode, and he's just getting emotional about everything, especially 'love'.

#fanwankoftheday
    YES, YOU SHALL. :mad:

It's not the crying that bugs me, per se (I love those rare moments when Brendan cries, for example) but it's so excessively weepy and melodramatic.

He genuinely comes across as a little unhinged and overly emotional, or in need of a good psychiatrist.

*runs*

BIB: Well if I had my choice I'd send Doug, Ste and Brendan to see someone. They're all damaged and all need help, really.

Doug less so when he was old!Doug, the fun loving and rather cheeky student - although even back then he had the overdose. But definitely when Bex came back, it was obvious that he had some issues that he never really explored, especially after the suicide story was done and dusted in a week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was rewatching the Boxing Day episode, and it was so sad when he said goodbye to Bex. So in my mind, he's still never dealt with it entirely, despite that episode, and he's just getting emotional about everything, especially 'love'.

#fanwankoftheday

*runs*

BIB: Well if I had my choice I'd send Doug, Ste and Brendan to see someone. They're all damaged and all need help, really.

Doug less so when he was old!Doug, the fun loving and rather cheeky student - although even back then he had the overdose. But definitely when Bex came back, it was obvious that he had some issues that he never really explored, especially after the suicide story was done and dusted in a week.

I think that Stug are both damaged, vulnerable and lonely men who are mistaking the need for a friend as love and have thought that from the beginning. I believe that they think they are in love but I dont think they actually are.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,753
    Forum Member
    It's not the actual 'crying' I have an issue with, It's the non stop crying that bugs me. I know doug is upset, but why Is every single scene that he's in, consist of a sad/crying face. We get It .. he is sad, that much is Obvious, we aren't stupid.
  • callmemaybecallmemaybe Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mosdef think Brendan still owes part of the deli. I would be shocked if he actually just gave that to him. Love or not at the end of the those two still owe Brendan 80g.Brendan signing the deli over to Steven does not that make that go away...

Really, Im just hoping that Steven didnt out smart him at his own game...dont lose it Brendan:) That was nice...those..couple of minutes of them together..cant wait TILL NEXT YEAR TO SEE IT AGAIN:rolleyes:

MissC yup...theyre confusing their "frienship" feelings with love feelings it's all weird. I mean Brendan hit Steven and the so called love of Doug's life died...they both had "tragedy" in their life..mmm idek. Just trying to justify this STUG sl...
  • callmemaybecallmemaybe Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BOOM-BB wrote: »
    OT, I still do believe Emmett and Kieron when they say 'it's a love story' 'Brendan loves Ste, Ste loves Brendan. End of' 'Brendan is the love of Ste's life' etc, coz even though we are not seeing it now, wether on purpose or shit writing, they know the out come, and wether there is love there right now or not, it IS a love story, they were calling Stug a love story just after Stug realised his feelings:rolleyes: so I think when they use the word 'love' it doesn't always mean its there right this second.

I think we saw a bit of love in this episode no?...it's just that I think Ste actually has feelings for both of them. I also would like to think that Steven is making Brendan work for it...after all he has done I cant really say I blame...Im exhausted hoping there will be summat but Im still hanging.:(:sleep::o
  • margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought when Brendan kissed him in the club that Steven liked it and quickly had to pull away. Mind you how anyone could resist that look he gave him is beyond me.

I also thought the smirk meant the solicitor was fake but I think Brendan was just genuinely happy. If he was the 'player' we would have had a smile after reading the letter and not that upset look.It is so ironic that the first time he is honest he is played by the person he loves so much.

I am interested to know what he wants Walker to do. And that chap still won't take off his jacket! I am wondering if Hollyoaks can afford a clothes budget for him!
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member

Yeah this is my problem with it too. Who says the stuff that Doug said? Was it lifted straight from "The Notebook"?

Anyway good morning. I feel totally fine. Disconnected probably.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    I can't believe DS is doing this as well!

At least this one is fair, you can only vote the once:sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,753
    Forum Member
    mojo5000 wrote: »

Anyway good morning. I feel totally fine. Disconnected probably.

Yeah I woke up feeling like this today. It doesn't feel like the same story.. and sometimes they feel like different characters.
This discussion has been closed.