Doctor Who "Will Take Over Television In 2013"" Says Moffat

14567810»

Comments

• mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lordo350 wrote: »
    Nobody's forcing them to watch it. There are plenty of other things on the box. Besides, last year we were swamped with the Olympics, next year it will be the World Cup... I say why not celebrate the longest running Sci-Fi show in the world all year. And why not be proud of it.
    Of course no-one is forcing them - but you can mark my words that they would certainly moan about teh reduced choice (just as they do when the World Cup, Olympics or any other event is broadcast, or when sport is assumed to be dominating the schedules).

And my point, somewhat tongue-in-cheek, was that there is a world of difference between an event lasting for three weeks (such as the Olympics), and an event that throws TV schedules awry for months at a time.

So, with that in mind, it would be someone with a one-dimensional view of TV that would expect DW to dominate the BBC constantly all year from January thru December - I think that all but the most hardened of DW fan would find it increasingly tiresome and repetitive (I now wait for someone to post otherwise ;))
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well we get the 8 episodes of S7 part 2 running from early April to the end of May.
    Then 6 months later we celebrate the 50th anniversary. 90 minute specIal episode if rumours are right with documentries and other things as well. Month after that we will hopefully get another christmas special to draw 2013 to a close. 10 episodes not bad nearly a full series.
    Box sets and reruns will keep withdrawl symptoms at bay untill then.:D
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Well, one week of 2013 gone already and still no sign of Doctor Who taking over television..............

They had Billie Piper on Graham Norton and the subject of Doctor Who came up.

Matt Smith was on the week before.

So far, so good :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HELP!
    Doctor Who has taken over my TV and wont give it back,
    It's been possessed and is warping around my living room, making wooping noises and fading in and out of time.
    If there is anyone out there that can help please send some.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HELP!
    Doctor Who has taken over my TV and wont give it back,
    It's been possessed and is warping around my living room, making wooping noises and fading in and out of time.
    If there is anyone out there that can help please send some.

K-9 is on BBC One for the next three nights, so we have that covered :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    K-9 is on BBC One for the next three nights, so we have that covered :p

Is it the new K9?
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    Is it the new K9?

Nope, it's the old K-9 and he's a special guest on stargazing live over the next three nights:

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2013/01/k9-stargazing-080112113008.html

It's nice to see Doctor Who creeping into all sorts of other programs and institutions already!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got my DWM....
    As Doctor Who enters it's fiftieth year, preparatory work is underway for two very special productions, planned to celebrate the show's golden anniversary.

The first of these to go before the cameras is An Adventure in Space and Time written for BBC Two by seasoned Doctor Who writer and actor Mark Gatiss. This one-off drama will look back to the earliest days of the series and the extraordinary men and women who created the very first episodes of Doctor Who back in 1963. An Adventure in Space and Time is due to begin recording over the next month or two.

The next production for BBC Wales' Doctor Who team will be the much-anticipated 50th anniversary adventure, written by showrunner and head writer Steven Moffat. As revealed by producer Marcus Wilson last issue, recording for this celebratory tale is due to begin in April.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know if this is already known about ...

DWM...
    The jewel in the crown of the non-TV anniversary celebrations is Big Finish's 'The Light at the End' a full blown multi-Doctor adventure featuring all five surviving Doctors from the original twentieth century run of the television series.
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Sounds good! If only Big Finish were allowed to use new Doctors, it would have been even bigger then *sigh*
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Sounds good! If only Big Finish were allowed to use new Doctors, it would have been even bigger then *sigh*

Probably just as well. It's going to be hard enough giving each Doctor a chance to shine with five of them. Any more and they'd all be reduced to bit parts!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that confirms there won't be a TV multi doctor story, or at least not featuring the classic Doctors :(
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Does it? :p
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BF have also announced additional cast for The Light At the End- Louise Jameson (Leela), Sarah Sutton (Nyssa), Nicola Bryant (Peri), Sophie Aldred (Ace), India Fisher (Charley Pollard), Geoffrey Beevers (The Master)
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lordo350 wrote: »
    Nobody's forcing them to watch it. There are plenty of other things on the box. Besides, last year we were swamped with the Olympics, next year it will be the World Cup... I say why not celebrate the longest running Sci-Fi show in the world all year. And why not be proud of it.
    I agree, when things I find irritating like the World Cup or the fuss over Kate's baby have 'taken over', I've had no trouble avoiding them on TV, it's in public and online where it's more difficult! :D
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    BF have also announced additional cast for The Light At the End- Louise Jameson (Leela), Sarah Sutton (Nyssa), Nicola Bryant (Peri), Sophie Aldred (Ace), India Fisher (Charley Pollard), Geoffrey Beevers (The Master)

At least two great things there (besides Peri):

Geoffrey Beevers as the Master ... :cool:

Fifth Doctor with Nyssa alone ... :cool:
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    JCR wrote: »

Sounds fantastic but I'm still hoping to be surprised and actually see some of these past companions and Doctors in the televised 50th anniversary celebration.