Anybody got hold of a 5S sim free today?

13»

Comments

• enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lidtop2013 wrote: »
    Why do people get so wound up, if someone wants to wait in a que for however long and spend however much, it's because they want to.........

If you want something enough you'll do anything to get it lol

I have nothing against people who do it. Just puzzles me why someone would get up before dawn for a phone. We are all different It just seems completely bizarre to me is all.
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    psionic wrote: »
    It is indeed extremely poor. But considering the negligible price difference between the 2 models, I doubt anyone was really expecting much from launch weekend sales of the 5c. May have been different if they were launched at different times of the year and pricing on the 5c was a lower.

The networks have been highly disappointed to be honest. Especially after being left with 95-98% of their stock unsold.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    The networks have been highly disappointed to be honest. Especially after being left with 95-98% of their stock unsold.

I think the 5C would of sold better for instance if it had been given the A7 and say 1GB of ram without finger print and plastic case. And the 5S 2GB of ram finger print and the aluminum body. Also given a slightly lower price as unless you on Vodafone/O2 you probably better of buying a 5 on ebay then buying a 5C sim free it will be cheaper for you and you will get the aluminum body still.
  • tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    enapace wrote: »
    I think the 5C would of sold better for instance if it had been given the A7

Not quite sure why that would make much difference. The 5C is already outperforming phones like the S4 on early benchmarks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tdenson wrote: »
    Not quite sure why that would make much difference. The 5C is already outperforming phones like the S4 on early benchmarks.

Because it would look like to average consumers or tech freaks that is it actually an new device. Instead of just a repackaged 5 with a new LTE chip and slightly bigger battery in a plastic shell. Not saying it would do to much better but I can see the plastic shell putting people of and same internals for tech geeks. Maybe it will pick up sales but I can't see it selling massively unless networks price more competitively.
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Pessimist wrote: »
    What's the chance of getting a gold 5s at one of the apple stores on Monday morning?

Zero.

No networks got the gold iPhone 5s. Only Apple got the gold iPhone 5s in very very limited quantities and sold out in 30 mins.

Next shipment is due October 18th for Apple and all Networks.

I doubt Apple had even 5% gold iPhones out of the total 50,000 iPhones shipped to the UK.
  • mjdj1689mjdj1689 Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    Zero.

No networks got the gold iPhone 5s. Only Apple got the gold iPhone 5s in very very limited quantities and sold out in 30 mins.

Next shipment is due October 18th for Apple and all Networks.

I doubt Apple had even 5% gold iPhones out of the total 50,000 iPhones shipped to the UK.

So what about us who orderded the I phone 5s in Gold and have a delivery date of 7-10th October ?
  • misarmisar Posts: 3,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mjdj1689 wrote: »
    So what about us who orderded the I phone 5s in Gold and have a delivery date of 7-10th October ?

Therapy may help to alleviate your problem. :D
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if you buy a 5s from a private seller if you need to have the sales receipt in order to register the phone in your name for the warranty or do you just need the id number of the phone?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    klendathu wrote: »
    Isn't there anything else to keep you occupied other than stood in a queue for 5 hours :confused::D

Only sleep! In truth I really didn't want to queue, and I wouldn't have had they been taking preorders, but I didn't want to wait. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    enapace wrote: »
    Must admit I had wondered this as well. I can't see myself ever getting up before the sun is out for a phone of all things. Never really understood those who do that.

Everyone's different. :cool:
  • barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it worth getting the 5s on this deal?

Chitter Chatter are offering 1000 mins, unlimited texts and internet and you pay £249 for the phone....

I know its quiet pricey but if i was to buy the 32GB iphone 5s sim free and then go on a sim only of £15 a month, it will work out to be £989 since the phones costs £650, meaning i save like £50 in the end.