Options

Whatever annoys you about The X Factor?

wordfromthewisewordfromthewise Posts: 2,872
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Whether its the manufactured music,the fake hyped up drama,the fake (non existent) mentoring,the near total lack of creativity,the non judging followed by the manipulated dishonest results...........the perfect antidote is for the viewers to stick to fingers up to the whole thing by voting arguably the least talented person to ever appear on prime time television........Wagner.

If that seems a bit heavy then just do it for a laugh,it will be 100% TV gold..........just imagine it for a minute.....Bliss.

Don't worry about Rebecca and Matt,they will still get deals and the rest will make an ok living gigging and crusie ships etc.

Its a win-win all round. Vote Wagner

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whether its the manufactured music,the fake hyped up drama,the fake (non existent) mentoring,the near total lack of creativity,the non judging followed by the manipulated dishonest results...........the perfect antidote is for the viewers to stick to fingers up to the whole thing by voting arguably the least talented person to ever appear on prime time television........Wagner.

If that seems a bit heavy then just do it for a laugh,it will be 100% TV gold..........just imagine it for a minute.....Bliss.

Don't worry about Rebecca and Matt,they will still get deals and the rest will make an ok living gigging and crusie ships etc.

Either you need a new TV or you're tone deaf :mad:
  • Options
    dohboydohboy Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    Yeah I'm gonna vote for Wagner each week now, I can't see how the x factor could survive another series if he wins.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dohboy wrote: »
    Yeah I'm gonna vote for Wagner each week now, I can't see how the x factor could survive another series if he wins.

So you hate the show then? Why don't you just not watch it instead of spoiling it for people who like it?
  • Options
    wordfromthewisewordfromthewise Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you hate the show then? Why don't you just not watch it instead of spoiling it for people who like it?

.....Mmm? A fair enough question I suppose but maybe 'subverting' the show is one of the options that it has inadvertently offered us.i.e It was someone's cynical idea to put an untalented clown in the final presumably to 'keep the plebs entertained '...... one of the choices we have is that we can show our displeasure by returning the favour by making him the winner.........,lets do something British and different this year.......where's your sense of irony.

It is also a very eccentric backlash to 'how important' this show has become i.e front page news,dominating and killing off interest the Christmas charts,the 'superstardom' of the judges even though they are not qualified on talent to be the judges of most of the people on the show,the freakshow nature of the audition stage and its use of stooges set up ( albeit with their agreement) to be laughed at.

Voting for Wagner is one of the legitimate choices we have got this year so thank you production team for that, I'm ticking that particular box......what are you going to do now?

As has been suggested here maybe that was the plan all along so that more people vote to save the victims of Wagner's survival,if so then surely yet more reason to explode the whole thing in their faces.

At any rate as I said before..........imagine the fun,the tension and the ridiculousness of it: 'The winner of the x Factor 2010 is....................................................................................................WAGNER!..................I can't think of anything more entertaining than seeing someone so completely untalented winning a talent competition.......get on board.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the only annoying thing are people who campaign and phone in for Wagner, dreaming Cowell would be annoyed by making even more money through that, while his production company controls the numbers anyway - or does anyone seriosuly believe the published numbers wouldn't be the ones the producers wants to see, no matter how they really looked like? - while i don't get a cut from that extra cash.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Odd Socks wrote: »
    Either you need a new TV or you're tone deaf :mad:

Remember, Odd Socks, it is not for us to dictate to others how they may find the Lord. If they discover His loaf through cruel mockery, they will have to answer to Him for that on the Day of Judgment, and if through it they become true Bandwagners, then it is all for the better.
  • Options
    dohboydohboy Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    I don't hate the show. I hate simon cowell and his cynical exploitation of the contestants and the viewing public. To him we are all just toys to be used in whatever way will line his pockets with the most cash. He is a monster AND HE MUST BE STOPPED!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This year's acts don't seem to be progressing.
    Those who came in with true talent will leave with the same styles that they began with in week one.
    Matt, Aidan, Paije, Rebecca and Mary will have hit albums and they only really have benefitted from the exposure.

The backing tracks, busy stage sets and multiple dancers have been far too over done in the effort to cover up the weaker singers.

The celebrity guest artists miming is the thing that annoys me the most.
    You would have thought that they could for once actually sing live especially on a show like X Factor.
    I suppose it's only the people in a recording booth who get to hear a celebrity artist actually sing these days. Shame.

The tittle tattle about contestants that has been leaked to the press about the house and backstage antics has spoiled this series a lot.

Otherwise I have accepted that X Factor is no longer a singing contest but I am still enjoying it each week.
    Some contestants are good singers, others are no better than hearing karaoke down the pub and some just are just joke.
    But hey, it's all good fun. I am enjoying it.
  • Options
    johnythefoxjohnythefox Posts: 1,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) Cheryl Cole - nasty piece of work, .Katie Price, Kerry Katona, Jodie Marsh, Cheryl Cole, all the same.

2) One Direction - dislike them immensely, more so for what they represent. IE zero talent, being helped out by all kinds of studio gimickry to hide their inabilities. The other acts are all rubbish but bearable.

3) Hate it that younger people will get a skewed version of what talent is.

4) The way they try and suggest that if you have an ordinary job IE working in Tescos, being a painter, receptionist etc you are a second class citizin and your life is worth nothing.

5) The screaming girls and hormonal women...please STFU!!!

6) The over-praising of some acts (see point 2) when they are clearly rubbish.

7) The people who are taken in by all this IE the voters, please spend that money on something useful instead of lining Cowells pockets!

There are plenty more, and yes I could turn the TV over, but In my house I would get lynched! oh, and I would have nothing to moan about on here!
  • Options
    somerset foxsomerset fox Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Dermy announces the judges on the stage:
    "Louis Walsh, Cheryl Cole, Danni Minogue and Mr Simon Cowell!!"

Sorry, but what's so special that he warrants the 'Mr' afectation? Is this another ego boost for the flat-topped one? I'm surprised he manages to lower his self esteem to stand on the same stage long enough and would rather be carried to his throne, er seat by a riding in a sedan chair...
  • Options
    TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    I hate that it's spread over two nights I'd much rather have it all finished on one night. Two is just too time consuming.
  • Options
    CrazyeyeskillerCrazyeyeskiller Posts: 4,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Brilliant - agree with every single criticism you made and you know what i might even vote Wagner for the first time ever.

Another thing that i don't like about the show is how they keep all the voting percentages secret. Anyone know how Wagner is getting on?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) Cheryl Cole - nasty piece of work, .Katie Price, Kerry Katona, Jodie Marsh, Cheryl Cole, all the same.

2) One Direction - dislike them immensely, more so for what they represent. IE zero talent, being helped out by all kinds of studio gimickry to hide their inabilities. The other acts are all rubbish but bearable.

4) The way they try and suggest that if you have an ordinary job IE working in Tescos, being a painter, receptionist etc you are a second class citizin and your life is worth nothing.

7) The people who are taken in by all this IE the voters, please spend that money on something useful instead of lining Cowells pockets!

There are plenty more, and yes I could turn the TV over, but In my house I would get lynched! oh, and I would have nothing to moan about on here!

Spot on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    The way the judges come out to that massive fanfare ever time
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh For heaven's sake do we need one more Vote for Wagner it will bring down/save/triumph over adversity the X-factor?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :mad::sleep::cool:

I think I'm going to scream!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »
    Oh For heaven's sake do we need one more Vote for Wagner it will bring down/save/triumph over adversity the X-factor?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :mad::sleep::cool:

I think I'm going to scream!!!

So rather than scream you decided to reply and put thread back to top of page 1? Good thinking batman........

And as far as i am aware this is one of about 5 vote Wagner threads whilst there are about a million i hate Cheryl or I hate Katie threads permanently on first page so give it a rest.

This thread has some spot on and briliant criticisms of the show....just what a forum is about.
  • Options
    Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well said
    I would add Cher and Katie with One Direction as No.2 after Cheryl Cole. That's personal opinion :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this was a more serious post but turned out to be a plug for Wagner or by someone who wants to line SCs pockets even more.

So, seriously. Its the stage productions, dancers and props and the huge number of backing singers that appear every week with most of the contestants. How on earth are we supposed to judge someones singing abilities when they can't be heard for the backing singers or we are distracted by semi nude bodies cavorting all over the stage.
  • Options
    HelenThereseHelenTherese Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    If you don't like the X factor then stop talking about it.

People thinking they are representing some sort of anti-establishment faction by voting for Vagner are simply deluded into thinking that it will change anything.

Have you read Big Brother? This is just the 2010 version of the BB lottery to keep the masses amused whilst stopping them worrying about anything more important.

If you want to do something then stop watching and voting for anyone and stop giving the red tops copy by posting on these forums.

We are all being manipulated and if you think that you aren't by voting for Vagner then that means you are falling for the biggest double bluff going.

I will continue to watch with a bottle of wine, read the nonsense in the papers,post on these forums and then forget it ever happened come January 2011 safe in the knowledge that I am too a puppet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think wagner is a serious contender for the final this year. i understand why people are doing it but i dont agree with it really, mainly because it lines cowells pockets. dont watch and dont vote would be my advice.

that said a wagner win would certainly be a nail in the coffin
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't like the X factor then stop talking about it.

People thinking they are representing some sort of anti-establishment faction by voting for Vagner are simply deluded into thinking that it will change anything.

Have you read Big Brother? This is just the 2010 version of the BB lottery to keep the masses amused whilst stopping them worrying about anything more important.

If you want to do something then stop watching and voting for anyone and stop giving the red tops copy by posting on these forums.

We are all being manipulated and if you think that you aren't by voting for Vagner then that means you are falling for the biggest double bluff going.

I will continue to watch with a bottle of wine, read the nonsense in the papers,post on these forums and then forget it ever happened come January 2011 safe in the knowledge that I am too a puppet.

Largely agree with you however - the plan is not to have Wagner win, that would be a step too far and completely lose the miniscule amounts of credibility the show has so I for one will be trying to make sure he does.
  • Options
    Lobelia OverhilLobelia Overhil Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's supposed to be a show to discover new singing talent, but they put forward people who clearly can't sing for the amusement factor basically ... I don't find it particularly funny to mock someone who thinks they can sing, in this manner - cos I'm a touchy cow like that.

Although I do like Jedward.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    - The X-Factor crowd screaming over the judges.

- How its called a "fix" by fans if the least favourite with viewers, doesn't get voted out.
  • Options
    Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) - Cheryl Cole, she just isn't worth watching, she has no idea how to do her job and shes mimes on a talent show that she is judging. Just Discraceful.

2) - Simon Cowell, You can tell he's not in the show for the show andymore, it's all about money now, he's prsasing comments are all on the no deserving acts like One Directcion.

3) - Louis Walsh, he's honestly pathetic. He's just a bit of fun (the most annoying thing that comes out of he's mouth), stealing judges comments and constantly trying to get one over simon is so annoying. Plus he is a shit mentor.

4) - The Media, Danyl, Katie and a feww others have been the victim of these hideous set of pricks we call the paparazzi. Honestly its harsh making peoples lives a misery for a quick buck.

5) - The Backing musc, can't even hear some of them sing, i don't no why they do it, rather annoying.

6) - Miming Celebrities, Cheryl Cole, Britney Spears and JLS have all contributed to the miming club in the last few years, and it's getting pathetic now. Did Kylie need to mime, NO, Did Bon Jovi need to mime, NO.

7) - Judges sticking by thier act, this is ANNOYING, when you get to people in the bottom two and two of the judges save them because they are thier act, its a talent show, should be based on hows the best. Also Cheryl noting voting was just stupid.

8) - Dermot O'Leary, i don't know what it is, but he just comes acorss as a complete git. I don't like him.

9) - Tactics, when Simon keeps placing the one he wants to win near the end of the show all the time, a.k.a Leona Lewis, Alexander Burke, Joe McCledrey.

10) - How judges boost about chart success, from Judges (Cheryl) and past contestants.

11) - Defensive fans, the ones that are literally just mad who are just fancing the latest buff lad, eoghan, lloyd, one direction etc. They should all be locked up during the x factor period.

12) - The fact that the show is more about the judges than the contestants.

13) - Wrong song choices, it's getting tedious, it's like they want thier acts to fail.

14) - The contract, i read last year Lucie wasn't allowed to sign a contract (don't no whaat it was for) because she was still signed to x factor, even though the show had finished.

15) - Stripped of personality, for me the contestnats are stripped of personality the second the live shows start, however a few (normally the ones that don't get very far) keep thier original spark and are critizied for it.

16) - VERSITILITY, the most annoying thing, Aiden, Mary etc are all great how they are, with thier own style. You won't ask Celine Dion to sing Thriller would you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    - The X-Factor crowd screaming over the judges.

- How its called a "fix" by fans if the least favourite with viewers, doesn't get voted out.

One day the producers or Cowell will realise this is the most annoying thing in the world, up unitl that point i can only dream of hitting every single one of the whooping banshees square in the face.