Amazing Race 2 - Blake and Paige

big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
Forum Member
✭✭
I just started watching the amazing race from about series 9 so have gone back to the start.

Blake and Paige seem like the nicest pairing ever. I'd love to have a relationship like that with my sister. And to think all the teams were so horrible to Them at the start:mad:

Please don't let me know the result. I've just got to Sydney where they were spared elimination. Hope they can go all the way

Comments

• Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Blake & Paige too - I guess Blake could be seen as a bit aggressive but compared to WIll and a few others he was pretty much a saint.
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yobaba** wrote: »
    I liked Blake & Paige too - I guess Blake could be seen as a bit aggressive but compared to WIll and a few others he was pretty much a saint.

I cannot stand Will! :mad:
  • 027huds027huds Posts: 12,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cannot stand Will! :mad:

Finally! Someone else who can't stand him! Tara and Will seem to be very popular on other forums, but I couldn't stand them. Much preferred Blake and Paige.

I've also been rewatching the older seasons and I'm now on season 5 again. I have to say that season 4 wasn't anywhere near as bad as it's made out to be. I found it to be a pretty solid season and Kelly and Jon are eternally amazing!

Season 5 has also been fantastic each episode. It's also reinvigorated my Charla and Mirna love. "The prostitute will know where the disco is won't she?" :D
  • RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved Blake and Paige.

I've been rewatching Season 5, I think it is probably my favourite season now, Charla and Mirna are simply fantastic. Colin and Christie are probably the most intense, competitive racers in the history of the show. And Chip and Kim are one of the most likable teams.
  • CwejCwej Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I vaguely remember a scene with Blake and Paige that I really didn't like them in, pertaining to other people's religions... I think it was toward Buddhism or something in somewhere like Thailand and they didn't feel comfortable with the other religion... something like that. It made me dislike them.

I also found their relationship a bit odd...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were a bit "too close" for a brother and sister, but I liked them. Although Oswald and Danny were the best team in TAR2. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Redmond wrote: »
    Loved Blake and Paige.

I've been rewatching Season 5, I think it is probably my favourite season now, Charla and Mirna are simply fantastic. Colin and Christie are probably the most intense, competitive racers in the history of the show. And Chip and Kim are one of the most likable teams.
    :eek: GAH I hated Charla and her incessant screeching at Mirna. I'd had enough of them when they came back for the All Stars. She's not likeable, not funny, just irritating and annoying.
    They were a bit "too close" for a brother and sister, but I liked them. Although Oswald and Danny were the best team in TAR2. :)

I agree. Series 3 will always be my favourite ( I haven't watched 13-16) because of the ghastly Flo and saintly Zak, but even more because of Jill and John-Vito.:( I was so upset to hear they'd split up.

Plus it was the first series I watched, which usually means that as everything is original and fresh I didnt nitpick like I do now. :p
    I enjoyed the first 7 series enormously, then they had the family version and I kind of lost interest.
  • CwejCwej Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved John Vito and Jill. Season 11 spoiler:
    I was gutted about their performance in All-Stars. AS IF they were the worst team that series - they were my favourites to win the whole thing when the cast list was announced!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tally wrote: »
    :eek: GAH I hated Charla and her incessant screeching at Mirna. I'd had enough of them when they came back for the All Stars. She's not likeable, not funny, just irritating and annoying.

They are a very polarising team I admit. I just think they are pure awesomeness, especially Mirna, so cunning and really good when it comes to wrangling the best flight at the airports. There are just so many funny moments from them in Season 5 (carrying the meat, the prostitute, trying to steal Colin's cab etc). :D

I haven't rewatched All Stars, I'll be doing that soon, so I can't remember much of what they did that season, I do remember still liking them though. :)
  • fab cescfab cesc Posts: 19,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    027huds wrote: »
    Finally! Someone else who can't stand him! Tara and Will seem to be very popular on other forums, but I couldn't stand them. Much preferred Blake and Paige.

I've also been rewatching the older seasons and I'm now on season 5 again. I have to say that season 4 wasn't anywhere near as bad as it's made out to be. I found it to be a pretty solid season and Kelly and Jon are eternally amazing!

Season 5 has also been fantastic each episode. It's also reinvigorated my Charla and Mirna love. "The prostitute will know where the disco is won't she?" :D

Season 4 is one of my favourite seasons pretty much solely thanks to Jon and Kelly. Quite possibly my favourite racers ever, the last half of that episode where they went head to head with Molly and her partner was TAR at its absolute greatest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved Jon and Kelly, one of my all time faves, a shame they pulled out of All Stars at the last minute. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved Jon and Kelly, one of my all time faves, a shame they pulled out of All Stars at the last minute. :(

I just finished the 4th series. I really wanted them to win. Yes they could be quite rude to others on occasions but despite all their bickering they seemed to love the race.

On YouTube everyone seemed to love reichen and chip but there wad something about them I couldn't take to
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fab cesc wrote: »
    Season 4 is one of my favourite seasons pretty much solely thanks to Jon and Kelly. Quite possibly my favourite racers ever, the last half of that episode where they went head to head with Molly and her partner was TAR at its absolute greatest.

I love that episode. That has to be my favourite from the whole season.

"My legs are all gangly. I can't beat Millie on her little stumps!" :D

Such a shame :(

Glad they were at least asked though. If only they could've been on in stead of Eric and Danielle...
    I just finished the 4th series. I really wanted them to win. Yes they could be quite rude to others on occasions but despite all their bickering they seemed to love the race.

On YouTube everyone seemed to love reichen and chip but there wad something about them I couldn't take to

Yay at so much Jon and Kelly love!

I didn't like Reichen and Chip all that much either. I didn't hate them, but there wasn't really anything about them that made me root for them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My favourite Kelly quote was as they were boarding the train in India.

"Push Push Push, someones grabbin ma butt"

It's just the way she said it.:D

Also in the final when Jon got naked ," be very careful, don't damage the merchandise!"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My favourite Kelly quote was as they were boarding the train in India.

"Push Push Push, someones grabbin ma butt"

It's just the way she said it.:D

Also in the final when Jon got naked ," be very careful, don't damage the merchandise!"

I loved the India train ride episode, mainly because of Kelly / Jon and Tian / Jaree (my two favourite teams of TAR4).

In fact the more I think about it, Kelly and Jon may be my favourite team of all time. Although they have stiff competition now I've started rewatching TAR5 what with Charla and Mirna.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    027huds wrote: »
    I loved the India train ride episode, mainly because of Kelly / Jon and Tian / Jaree (my two favourite teams of TAR4).

In fact the more I think about it, Kelly and Jon may be my favourite team of all time. Although they have stiff competition now I've started rewatching TAR5 what with Charla and Mirna.

LOL "someones grabbing my boob! Don't grab my boob dude or I'll throw you off the train!", "why are they pinching me?", "I can't believe I'm being fondled". What an episode:D

I've just started watching 5. Loving Charla and Mirna. They're so devious with all their I need on thus flight to get to a doctor
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D Have you watched Reichen's new Reality Show, The A List? It's cringeworthly awful. He's long ago broken from Chip and somehow it seems all his friends look up to and value his opinion. :eek: He comes across as the biggest douche EVER.

:p So bad it's worth watching!