Options

Claduia Colby to become the new Rovers landlady?

2»

Comments

• Options
    alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    porshacat wrote: »
    Speaking of Colbys/Dynasty and the like, they should have brought back Ken's ex from the barge to run it.

That would put the cat amongst the pigeons. :D

Plus Stephanie Beacham is a real bit of class, Rula's character has come off as a bit of a spiteful stirrer/ Cougar.

But as a Cougar is a predatory older woman of around her 40's, perhaps 'Sabre toothed Tiger' would be more apt. ;)
    Cougar.

Can't wait to see her getting jiggy with the likes of Jason, Nick, David, Tyrone, Gary, Graham and Kirk!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    youngswede wrote: »
    Is Claudia the lady who was laughing her head off when Gail threw the cake at Deirdre?

Yes! :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Read here

Sounds like it's not just us here who like her :D

The only problem though, Is I reckon the actress is really 'flighty' and I can't see her comitting to a long term role - Even if she got a 12 month contract, I can't see he staying much longer than that
  • Options
    MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have liked to of seen Bet Lynch buy the pub with Claudia becoming Manageress. This way we could have seen Bet back on a semi regular basis (as Julie Goodyear won't do full time).
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    She did sleep with Mr. Upside Down Eyebrows but they never wandered down the aisle.

Mr. Upside Down Eyebrows!!

:D

What an apt description. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Is that her name? Claudia Colby.

I thought she was in Dynasty. :)

:D:D i was thinking of her too
  • Options
    blue_cobaltblue_cobalt Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    Great news. The McDonalds are too OTT so a change will be nice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, bad move, very bad move imo. Rula is not a good actress, and definitely not Corrie Street material in any way shape or form. She has always been typecast as up market - what in hell would someone like her be doing wanting to live on Corrie St? even Audrey only works there but doesn't live there.

They could have bought in a new buyer for the pub, new character who's pub aka Bessie St style has gone under - a more homely local. Great way to bring in a older good actress - they are suffering a lot from 'youngism' these days and can't get work.
  • Options
    Jason,Jason, Posts: 366
    Forum Member
    If true I think its very strange and very wrong. She is too old to be pushed at the front of the show as the leading lady in this demographic. If they wanted new owners then why not make Carla landlady? That would have worked had they not turned her into an alcoholic and Alison King would have excelled as Rovers owner. The more I'm hearing about 2011 Corrie and Tracy's return being such an epic fail makes me worry. I mean people ranted about Chris Fountain being great yet when at Hollyoaks everyone couldn't wait for him to leave so that's bizare and just watch him be disliked on Kate Ford's level when he appears.

Plus there is something very fake about Rula. I've never really liked her. The only plus point is Stephanie Cole.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jason, wrote: »
    If true I think its very strange and very wrong. She is too old to be pushed at the front of the show as the leading lady in this demographic. If they wanted new owners then why not make Carla landlady? That would have worked had they not turned her into an alcoholic and Alison King would have excelled as Rovers owner. The more I'm hearing about 2011 Corrie and Tracy's return being such an epic fail makes me worry. I mean people ranted about Chris Fountain being great yet when at Hollyoaks everyone couldn't wait for him to leave so that's bizare and just watch him be disliked on Kate Ford's level when he appears.

Plus there is something very fake about Rula. I've never really liked her. The only plus point is Stephanie Cole.
    The only plus point is Stephanie Cole

who?? :confused:
  • Options
    pembo2004pembo2004 Posts: 4,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason, wrote: »

i agree 100%
  • Options
    katiesnankatiesnan Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    alienpanda wrote: »
    who?? :confused:

Stephanie Cole is to play Roy Croppers Mum