Emmerdale: Aaron Livesy and Robert Sugden Appreciation Thread (Part 2)

Comments

• LmackLmack Posts: 14,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    andy614 wrote: »
    I wonder what this break up will be like? We've never really had a big epic breakup have we? It's usually just been a shortish scene where one of them tells the other it's over, the other maybe looks a bit sad/shocked and that's basically it. I;d really like a deep emotional break up this time with Aaron telling Robert all the problems and why it's happening, what Robert is not giving him that he requires and Robert trying but failing to defend himself and persuade Aaron not to. I doubt we will get that. The thing is i think Robert needs to hear Aaron really go to town on him about how he's been treated, if all that happens is Aaron just tells him it's over and tells him to leave then he will learn nothing.

Yeah I agree.Even the last time Aaron ended it Robert was pretty laid back-yes he looked a bit surprised,sad etc and said the thing about it Aaron texting him the minute he was gone but in his mind I think he was sure that wouldn't be it for good.He needs a full explanation from Aaron
  • Binky321Binky321 Posts: 3,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I agree I do hope their is more to this break up than we got previously other than Aaron saying "we're done" and not much protest from Robert until they decide to pick it up again otherwise why bother with doing it yet again...

I hope for more depth from both and more reaction from Robert than we got previously I hope we see some real anguish from Robert at the prospect of losing Aaron rather than just showing it for Chrissie & Home Farm...

And still wondering what the 'Facing off against each other' & 'another hurdle' thing we got last week is all about and when we can expect to see it whatever it is? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Binky321 wrote: »
    Yeah I agree I do hope their is more to this break up than we got previously other than Aaron saying "we're done" and not much protest from Robert until they decide to pick it up again otherwise why bother with doing it yet again...

I hope for more depth from both and more reaction from Robert than we got previously I hope we see some real anguish from Robert at the prospect of losing Aaron rather than just showing it for Chrissie & Home Farm...

And still wondering what the 'Facing off against each other' & 'another hurdle' thing we got last week is all about and when we can expect to see it whatever it is? :confused:

Yes I am wondering this as well.Don't know if it's to do with Robert still fighting for Chrissie after the truth about HF raid is revealed
  • Steph_BatesSteph_Bates Posts: 1,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the recent talk of Karl Davies, and now I have found that Karl will be seen in the repeat of Happy Valley that is being re-shown now on BBC3!

I was even watching some old clips earlier of ED and the aftermath of the Sadie King and toy boy Robert's affair that led to Katie departing or Sammy going on maternity leave!

And another of Aaron attempting to stop a vintage car rolling straight into David's shop that was under the ownership of Marc Wylde's family at the time! Doug and Leyla were working at it at the time also! Funny thing is Chas and Paddy assumed Aaron caused it right away just because he ran off the minute they said 'What have you done?' Poor Aaron!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder what this break up will be like? We've never really had a big epic breakup have we? It's usually just been a shortish scene where one of them tells the other it's over, the other maybe looks a bit sad/shocked and that's basically it. I;d really like a deep emotional break up this time with Aaron telling Robert all the problems and why it's happening, what Robert is not giving him that he requires and Robert trying but failing to defend himself and persuade Aaron not to. I doubt we will get that. The thing is i think Robert needs to hear Aaron really go to town on him about how he's been treated, if all that happens is Aaron just tells him it's over and tells him to leave then he will learn nothing.

I agree. I can't wait to see Robert's reaction to this break-up as in the past he's always been shocked/sad when Aaron has rejected him but this time I think heartbroken would be a major understatement - Robert will be completely lost.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure but I feel the break up with Chrissie won't last that long.i think it will be different this time or something will happen for Robron to get back together.I don't think it will be just a case if one or other trying to get the other one back as this has been done now.There surely has to be a different way forward
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    Binky321 wrote: »

I can't wait for it all to unfold and you're right, would be good to see some anguish and regret from Robert. The term "face off" is a big looming word so I expect sthg of importance, more than the usual on and off btw them
  • Lucie_GirardLucie_Girard Posts: 36,092
    Forum Member
    Good evening:)

Do you havé something good Robron fanfics for me. I read about everything And i need more lol:D

Robron junkie :D
  • andy614andy614 Posts: 45,259
    Forum Member
    It's in the sun today the big summer story will be a big massive stunt/disaster, explosion, fire... or whatever that will kill several characters after the show decided on a cast cull. Robert and Chas are the favourites with the bookies to be killed off....along with Marlon and Debbie.

I think this is rubbish...not that there will be a disaster that kills lots of characters off, just that those are the characters that will go. When a soap has a cast cull it gets rid of its dead wood and less useful characters, not some of their biggest and most popular characters, which all those characters are.

Secondly, yes, the show is really going to kill off Aaron's love interest (again!) and his Mother...oh and 2 other members of his family. All in one go. The lad would have a bloody nervous breakdown!:o (if he hasn't already)

Also Debbie dying would mean yet again someone Ross likes/loves being killed.

Really doubt the characters that are the bookies faves for the chop will be the ones.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    It's in the sun today the big summer story will be a big massive stunt/disaster, explosion, fire... or whatever that will kill several characters after the show decided on a cast cull. Robert and Chas are the favourites with the bookies to be killed off....along with Marlon and Debbie.

I think this is rubbish...not that there will be a disaster that kills lots of characters off, just that those are the characters that will go. When a soap has a cast cull it gets rid of its dead wood and less useful characters, not some of their biggest and most popular characters, which all those characters are.

Secondly, yes, the show is really going to kill off Aaron's love interest (again!) and his Mother...oh and 2 other members of his family. All in one go. The lad would have a bloody nervous breakdown!:o (if he hasn't already)

Also Debbie dying would mean yet again someone Ross likes/loves being killed.

Really doubt the characters that are the bookies faves for the chop will be the ones.

Agreed. It doesn't make sense this kind of impact.
  • EddyBeeEddyBee Posts: 45,583
    Forum Member
    Good morning all. :)

Thanks Andy. I think we can totally ignore the bookies. If this storyline has just been leaked/revealed, when would people have started to place bets on the characters involved? It takes a few days for the bets to come in. They must think that we are all stupid.
  • spimfspimf Posts: 6,342
    Forum Member
    I'll have my bets on 4... Val, Doug, is that awful wench that was chasing Sam still there? Her, or possibly Pete. And maybe someone unexpected like Lawrence.

This might be wishful thinking on my part ;)

ETA: I reckon it'll be something to do with emma too.
  • Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    Yes, because when you put a lad like Aaron through everything he has this year, you suddenly kill off the love of his life and/or his mother. Perfect :p

Yeah, I doubt it'll happen too. I do think that of course Aaron or Robert will be in danger but neither will die.

I just hope we're not gonna have to wait for the big summer storyline to see them back together :(
    Forum Member
    Robert in danger, yes please. That'll be how it all comes out, Robert will be mortally injured in the middle of the village and no one will understand why aaron is cradling his body weeping :D
    Forum Member
    If Robert was hurt but the affair didn't come out i'd find that quite sad as Aaron wouldn't be able to do anything. Imagine if Chrissie ect were there and they were all surrounding him but Aaron just had to look on, or if Robert was in hospital and Aaron would have no legitimate reason to go visit him without it seeming weird and so had to stay away.

I've made myself upset :blush::p
    Forum Member
    Yeah that would majorly suck for aaron, if there was a scenario like that I would prefer the roles reversed it's about time we saw Robert all secretly emosh and in turmoil :D
  • ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EddyBee wrote: »
    Good morning all. :)

Thanks Andy. I think we can totally ignore the bookies. If this storyline has just been leaked/revealed, when would people have started to place bets on the characters involved? It takes a few days for the bets to come in. They must think that we are all stupid.

Agree. There is no betting yet except by the reporter who wrote the story. So vague as well as they dont really know what the big storyline actually is going to involve.
  • Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    Cue Robert waking up with Andy, Victoria, Diane, Chrissie and Lawrence around his bedside and Robert blurts out Aaron's name as he wakes up :p;)
    Forum Member
    spimf wrote: »
    Yeah that would majorly suck for aaron, if there was a scenario like that I would prefer the roles reversed it's about time we saw Robert all secretly emosh and in turmoil :D

Yeh but we had that already and after finding Aaron he wasn't all that fussed :blush:
    Forum Member
    They're going to have to show us some definitive emotion from Robert at some point instead of leaving everything so ambiguous. I'm getting a bit sick of seeing the word ambiguous :p
  • RobronicRobronic Posts: 1,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah Robert or Chas (unless she's decided to leave which I doubt) aren't going to be killed off. They can't put Aaron through any more pain.

There have been rumours about the Spencer's leaving haven't there, so if they're still around, they could be chopped. Got a feeling Jimmy could go as well, which would give Nicola a storyline when she returns (think her baby would be about 4/5 months old then?). I think Val might just go as well.

Don't get me wrong, I think the majority of the village will be affected, but I'd be astounded if Robert/Aaron were killed off. But I'm all for the idea of one of them seriously hurt (but won't die) & the other cradling him in his arms. If that were the case, I wonder which way around it would be? Robert helping Aaron; although we've had that recently after the accident. Or Aaron helping Robert; and of course poor Aaron has seen the other love of his life Jackson been hit by a train... I do think that would be a unique reveal of the affair if Chrissie was there & saw everything unfold, instead of the typical she catches them or it getting revealed in front of everyone thing.
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    My money is on James dying. Until last week they'd really cut down on his screentime and he doesn't add much to the Bartons (or anyone). He's pretty much deadwood and universally disliked. Could easily see Emma killing him now they seem to be ramping up the crazy.
    Forum Member
    Maybe she tries to kill James by setting fire to the house and accidentally kills Pete too / instead ;)
  • RobronicRobronic Posts: 1,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I had my own way, these would be the only people surviving this disaster:

Aaron, Robert, Chas, Paddy, Chrissie, Victoria, Adam, Andy, Diane, David, Alicia, Ross, Debbie (get away from Pete!!!), Cain, Rhona, Leyla, Kerry, Vanessa.

The rest I literally couldn't care about.
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    spimf wrote: »
    Maybe she tries to kill James by setting fire to the house and accidentally kills Pete too / instead ;)

That was my hope :D
This discussion has been closed.