Bravo to be kept afterall but just rebranded?

Tumble weedTumble weed Posts: 8,200
Forum Member
Just been looking ahead at the listings and it turns out that Bravo and Bravo 2 continue on January the 1st - the only one ceasing is Bravo +1.

Now this made me think, the only thing Sky has officially said is Bravo is finished. I wonder if come January 1st it'll be rebranded as something else, seems quite odd. You'd expect them all to say programmes no longer available.

Comments

• Tumble weedTumble weed Posts: 8,200
    Forum Member
    False alarm. They all cease on Jan 1st. Challenge Jackpot turns into a foreign channel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only one they are keeping is LIVING (which will become Sky Living)
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firthy2002 wrote: »
    The only one they are keeping is LIVING (which will become Sky Living)

Challenge TV is also staying.
  • gagdegagde Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Challenge TV is also staying.

Which i believe is going on freeview as well due to the loss of virgin 1.
  • daniel2015daniel2015 Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gagde wrote: »
    Which i believe is going on freeview as well due to the loss of virgin 1.

Yes it is going on freeview, can not wait.
  • StevenukStevenuk Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When is vigin 1 going? because that seems to have listings when bravo does not
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stevenuk wrote: »
    When is vigin 1 going? because that seems to have listings when bravo does not

End of January
  • madnutter0102madnutter0102 Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    They had better be replacing these channels as that'll be about 5 or 6 going.
  • StuartPlymouthStuartPlymouth Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They had better be replacing these channels as that'll be about 5 or 6 going.
    I've only counted Channel One, Bravo & Bravo 2 being closed. What are the others you've heard about?

As Sky Atlantic is a new channel, that means we're only down by 2 channels. Unless I'm missing something.
  • Radio RuderhamRadio Ruderham Posts: 13,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only counted Channel One, Bravo & Bravo 2 being closed. What are the others you've heard about?

As Sky Atlantic is a new channel, that means we're only down by 2 channels. Unless I'm missing something.

Channel One and +1
    Bravo and its +1
    Bravo 2
    That makes Five closing

Sky Atlantic and the +1 and HD service launch in February

Stay in touch with what's going on here and every week from January (on hols at the moment)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,258
    Forum Member

As Atlantic is going on epg 107 and Sky Living on 108.. This I presume means that Sky2 & Sky3 are closing also.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pkc wrote: »
    As Atlantic is going on epg 107 and Sky Living on 108.. This I presume means that Sky2 & Sky3 are closing also.

Let the reshuffle begin!!;)

Sky Atlantic Promo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BBC One HD launched on 143 that was where BBC HD channel was. It never closed it moved to 169.

Sky2 and Sky3 will ALSO move EPG slots. They are not shutting down. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    BBC One HD launched on 143 that was where BBC HD channel was. It never closed it moved to 169.

Sky2 and Sky3 will ALSO move EPG slots. They are not shutting down. :rolleyes:

They will move them no doubt to Bravo 1 / +1 slots :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They will move them no doubt to Bravo 1 / +1 slots :)

I'd shuffle Sky3 and Sky3+1 together.

Living's current slot is possible on 112 for Sky2.
  • arrasarras Posts: 407
    Forum Member

SKY LIVING - 107
    SKY ATLANTIC - 108
    Forum Member
    Channel One and +1
    Bravo and its +1
    Bravo 2
    That makes Five closing

Sky Atlantic and the +1 and HD service launch in February

Stay in touch with what's going on here and every week from January (on hols at the moment)

There will be no Sky Atlantic +1 and Challenge Jackpot is closing at the same time as Bravo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Channel One and +1
    Bravo and its +1
    Bravo 2
    That makes Five closing
    +1s aren't channels in their own right, so the true number of channels closing is just 3. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    arras wrote: »
    SKY LIVING - 107
    SKY ATLANTIC - 108

Where you get the EPG numbers from.. Sky said 107 for Atlantic! or have they changed it again!
    Forum Member
    Where you get the EPG numbers from.. Sky said 107 for Atlantic! or have they changed it again!

If you look at the screenshot of the epg Sky have released it clearly shows Sky1 at 106, Sky Living at 107 and Sky Atlantic at 108.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can understand why.

Sky Atlantic and Living on a higher slot is more likely to generate more viewers than Sky2 showing Bravo or Sky1 repeats.

They may decide to give them both a rebrand anyway. Sky Extra (Sky2) and Sky Extra 2 (Sky3)? Along those lines.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They may decide to give them both a rebrand anyway. Sky Extra (Sky2) and Sky Extra 2 (Sky3)? Along those lines.
    That would be a backward step to the Sky One Mix days. 'Extra' channels just sound like timeshifts and not anything new.

Unless they're going to rename Sky1, then there is no point rebranding Sky2/3.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That would be a backward step to the Sky One Mix days. 'Extra' channels just sound like timeshifts and not anything new.

Don't get too worried or excited it's only a small site shop!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    I would hazard a guess they are simply moved to 112 and 113 respectively.
    Forum Member

yeah rebrand Sky 1 to Sky UK or some such stupid name LOL