Is Anyone Watching This Morning?

trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Sorry if this should go elsewhere but I wondered if anyone else was watching the interview with Natasha Hogan on This Morning - talking about how her husband jumped from the balcony in Crete with their 2 children?
I'm feeling a bit uncomfortable about it and can't understand her appearing on the programme and wondered if anyone else felt the same?

Comments

• wends1502wends1502 Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just watched it. I cant quite put my finger on it, but I feel she ought to take some responsibility for what happened.
  • trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IMO she must've had an inkling very early on in their relationship that he was one unstable character, so why have children with him?:confused::mad:
  • wends1502wends1502 Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont think she is telling the truth about the man she is now married to. She says there was nothing going on between them at the time of this happening, yet he was the first person she rang within an hour of it happening. And barely a year later she is married to him. She was also very evasive when asked questions about her ex husbands family.
  • trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What she's gone through has been awful, and I know I'm being really mean passing judgement on her but I can't even conceive of sitting on national TV telling such a devastating tale if I'd been through something like that.
  • kobiashimaruxkobiashimarux Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    I'd have left that raving psycho a lot sooner. I know his type. thats a bit how my ex was when he left.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    Bloody hell your all heart you lot! The woman has been through hell, she could have never predicted that would happen.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No matter what was happening behind the scenes, it shouldn't be forgotten that an innocent young boy has lost his life and there is nothing which will excuse the reasoning behind this act of selfishness.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    I feel dreadfully sorry for her and her ex-husband :cry: and most of all their children.
  • silkdragonsilkdragon Posts: 1,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The lady lost her son, whatever she had done does not warrant the actions her ex took. An innocent child died, what had he got to do with his parents falling out ?
    The saying goes " You have to live with someone to get to know them "
  • kobiashimaruxkobiashimarux Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    I feel very sorry for her but I think she made too man y allowances for him. In my situation my radar was going off pretty quickly. My son and i still suffered some abuse but it was short lived because i got the imbecilic nutter out of my house

I feel very sorry for Natasha.

I'm aslo very sorry that her Ex didn't kill himself when he went out of the window instead of his poor innocent children
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 418
    Forum Member
    I didn't actually watch it but my general feeling - which is increasing the more time I spend on DS - is "Why do people feel the need to go on TV/tell their story in newspapers and magazines?" in other words "Wash their dirty linen...etc."
    She will be judged for the part that she has played in the situation be it innocent ir not but I BET that she was having an affair with the man she is now married to; I don't need to read anything about the case and I don't feel sorry for her (the dead child yes but not her...and the surviving one come to that). Call me judgemental; I guess I am. (Narrow minded I'm not.) People like that put themselves out there for it. She looks mean anyway. Don't like.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going by how much media she's doing, I'm guessing she's a pretty selfish person herself, not running away from any infamy or fame, and just a small question of a little bit of £££££. :rolleyes:

Kind regards,

MN
  • GlinnyGlinny Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going by how much media she's doing, I'm guessing she's a pretty selfish person herself, not running away from any infamy or fame, and just a small question of a little bit of £££££. :rolleyes:

I have to agree with you. I know I could not go on the television and speak to the media about my pain hurt and sorrow.

It is like the McCann's - media, television, it just amazes me that people can so media hungry.

I know I would just want to hide myself away from everyone and try and come to terms with my loss with dignity!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinkersmum wrote: »
    I didn't actually watch it but my general feeling - which is increasing the more time I spend on DS - is "Why do people feel the need to go on TV/tell their story in newspapers and magazines?" in other words "Wash their dirty linen...etc."

I hate this fad too. It's now the done thing to go and air your every thought to all and sundry...just look at Kerry Katona going on to everyone who will listen about her "drug hell" and other people who seem to be alarmingly okay with going on TV to talk about the bad things in their lives.

Something about the way this practice has become the "norm" and expected leaves a really vile taste in my mouth. I don't understand it at all. I wish the days when grief was a private matter would come back, but throwing your grief into the public eye has been standard since the death of Princess Di and will no doubt continue.

There's a whole trend of Look At Me I'm Grieving now and I loathe it. It's got to the point where wanting to be private in your grief is considered a social taboo.
  • crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    I didn't see This Morning but I saw some other press statements she made. This is a woman in total denial of the fact that she put her own life and that of her children at rist by being around a psychopathic man.

Clearly, she was in denial and clearly she didn't expect that he was going to do what he did and it is a terrible tragedy and he is absolutely at fault. But I have recovered from being in abusive relationships -during one I was the victim of a serious attempted murder- and it is only now many years later that I realise I was being dishonest to myself about the behaviour of the violent and abusive men I was with. There are ALWAYS warning signs. People don't suddenly change. She knew he was dangerous.

I don't see the point of keeping him alive now to be honest. Apparently he has attempted suicide many times and is at risk of others killing him. What life is he going to have anyway?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I were in that position, divulging all the sordid details on national TV would be the last thing on my mind.

This modern "trend" of people airing their dirty laundry in full view of the spotlight really is quite distasteful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this when i was watching it. I don't know why she was on. It's an awful thing she has been through but i don't understand the purpose of going on This Morning. She only told everyone what they had read in the papers or watched on the news.

i thought it was suspicious about her now husband as other posts have pointed out. they got together rather quick.

it must have been an awful ordeal for her - to lose her child like that. but i don't get the tv appearances.
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 4,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She also did a full interview on 'Tonight with Trevor Mcdonald'.

Saw her face on the TV this morning, and immediately wondered aloud to my daughter "what earthly purpose does this serve?"

What happened was an absolute tragedy - but hearing her 'story' - which is naturally one sided - ad infinitum - does not seem to be for any other reason than revelling in the fact that a little boy has died in tragic circumstances.

IMHO - there is something very fishy over her publicity seeking.

As far as I see it - the family went on holiday together and at the beginning a number of happy, smiley photographs were taken. At some point during the holiday there was a major drama between husband and wife which resulted in her packing her bags to go home. Husband totally freaked out with horrendous results. The husband has obviously had a major breakdown and totally lost his mind - briefly or permanently. We can all surmise what caused him to go bonkers - but any which way, it was not a premeditated act, he did not plan the balcony leap - it seems it was a purely irrational, impulsive occurance that could not have possibly been foreseen.

However - there are some suspicions over what the problem was that actually triggered the act, why she decided to discuss a separation while they were on holiday alone with the children, a lot of suspicion over whether she was having an affair with the guy she is now with (although she denies it), and quite worringly what on an earth a mother was doing having a full scale vicious blazing row in front of two very small children.

Maybe she is carrying a lot of guilt (again which she denies) and talking constantly about it in public is her way of trying to push the total blame elsewhere.
  • crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    Agree with Jeanie.

Also the whole purpose of the holiday in Crete apparently was to try and reconcile or patch up an existing problem according to what her mother said on the day news broke.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This will only serve to cause negative feeling as to why she is continually publicising herself across the media.

It is possible she is merely trying to justify her own actions in the whole tragic story.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,

There are people in this country now, spread from america, that will use any event to gain the "easy" fame and money they have always craved.

Where a publicist is called before a doctor, policeman, lawyer et al.

Kind regards,

MN
  • allafixallafix Posts: 20,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeanie wrote: »
    She also did a full interview on 'Tonight with Trevor Mcdonald'.

Saw her face on the TV this morning, and immediately wondered aloud to my daughter "what earthly purpose does this serve?"

What happened was an absolute tragedy - but hearing her 'story' - which is naturally one sided - ad infinitum - does not seem to be for any other reason than revelling in the fact that a little boy has died in tragic circumstances.

IMHO - there is something very fishy over her publicity seeking.

As far as I see it - the family went on holiday together and at the beginning a number of happy, smiley photographs were taken. At some point during the holiday there was a major drama between husband and wife which resulted in her packing her bags to go home. Husband totally freaked out with horrendous results. The husband has obviously had a major breakdown and totally lost his mind - briefly or permanently. We can all surmise what caused him to go bonkers - but any which way, it was not a premeditated act, he did not plan the balcony leap - it seems it was a purely irrational, impulsive occurance that could not have possibly been foreseen.

However - there are some suspicions over what the problem was that actually triggered the act, why she decided to discuss a separation while they were on holiday alone with the children, a lot of suspicion over whether she was having an affair with the guy she is now with (although she denies it), and quite worringly what on an earth a mother was doing having a full scale vicious blazing row in front of two very small children.

Maybe she is carrying a lot of guilt (again which she denies) and talking constantly about it in public is her way of trying to push the total blame elsewhere.

I don't normally watch This Morning, but when I caught the beginning of this I had to watch, because I had found this case so appalling. I'm glad I did.

Actually, HE packed the bags to take the kids home. She agreed to return home with him so he would not be alone with the children. She then started re-packing the bags to tidy things up while they waited for the holiday rep to arrive. Although he had been the one deciding to go home, seeing her do this must have made him feel she was leaving him, which literally pushed him over the edge.

I am astonished by some of the vicious comments in this thread. The husband was not abusive before his final breakdown. I don't see how she could have seen it coming, because what happened was so out of character. I also believe her when she said she was not involved with anyone else, the problems stemmed from his heavy workload on his new business and the money problems due to it not succeeding.

My take on the publicity side of things is she realised she came over as a touch vindictive after the trial and wanted to calmly tell her side of the story.
  • allafixallafix Posts: 20,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't see This Morning but I saw some other press statements she made. This is a woman in total denial of the fact that she put her own life and that of her children at rist by being around a psychopathic man.

Clearly, she was in denial and clearly she didn't expect that he was going to do what he did and it is a terrible tragedy and he is absolutely at fault. But I have recovered from being in abusive relationships -during one I was the victim of a serious attempted murder- and it is only now many years later that I realise I was being dishonest to myself about the behaviour of the violent and abusive men I was with. There are ALWAYS warning signs. People don't suddenly change. She knew he was dangerous.

I don't see the point of keeping him alive now to be honest. Apparently he has attempted suicide many times and is at risk of others killing him. What life is he going to have anyway?

I don't think there is any evidence that he is psychopathic. He apparently suffered from reactive psychotic depression. If he had been a psychopath then she would probably have been able to see it coming.

She knew about his family history of depression. However he had not previously shown any agression towards the children (or her AFAIK).

Under extreme pressure people sometimes do extreme things.