Options

Kelly Rowland

ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
Forum Member
She posted yesterday how her album here i am was 5 years old, and it's reminded me how great this album is

I don't actually think theres a bad track on here, single releases like motivation and down for whatever are great, with other big songs like lay it on me and keep it between us even down to the less prominent tracks like all of the night and each other are high quality

I feel for her in the sense she will forever live in Beyonces shadow, when in my opinion this album is better than any of Beyonces efforts.

I think had Beyonce had released this album people would have called it a masterpiece, it was also a shame that this album still underperformed when her star was at her highest in the UK with her x factor gig.

Comments

• Options
    digichantdigichant Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ritchie2yk wrote: »
    I feel for her in the sense she will forever live in Beyonces shadow, when in my opinion this album is better than any of Beyonces efforts.

You could have talked about it without bringing up Beyonce, you know. You're part of the problem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    digichant wrote: »
    You could have talked about it without bringing up Beyonce, you know. You're part of the problem.

You make it sound like if it's not discussed it isn't the case, it's not just hearsay it's factual Beyonce is more successful, we can all shut up and it won't change a thing
  • Options
    drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here I Am did have some good tracks but also a lot of filler, just like most of Kelly's albums. I think the only Beyonce album it even come close to in quality is Dangerously in Love and the latter had much better singles.
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    drakhen wrote: »
    Here I Am did have some good tracks but also a lot of filler, just like most of Kelly's albums. I think the only Beyonce album it even come close to in quality is Dangerously in Love and the latter had much better singles.

Disagree . here I am is kellys best album and I can listen to it all the way through . which is more than can be said for her following album., which I just found very dull.
    I really want Kelly to release some more music . has she gone off the boil ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aura101 wrote: »
    Disagree . here I am is kellys best album and I can listen to it all the way through . which is more than can be said for her following album., which I just found very dull.
    I really want Kelly to release some more music . has she gone off the boil ?

Yeah I did try to like her follow up album but I just can't it is a real bore.

Hopefully she comes back soon with a return to the here I am kind of direction
  • Options
    SpaceToiletsSpaceToilets Posts: 3,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last thing I heard about a new album from her she was potentially collaborating with Tokimonsta. I have no idea what had happened since then but I would have been interested to hear the results.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has come up before. As I said at the time, she was the better singer in Destiny's Child. Far more versitile.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has come up before. As I said at the time, she was the better singer in Destiny's Child. Far more versitile.

She's actually the worst...
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    digichant wrote: »
    She's actually the worst...

That's an opinion, but not one everyone will share.

She's by far the most versatile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZs67W4dPqs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se6h5eGEhzs
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's an opinion, but not one everyone will share.

She's by far the most versatile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZs67W4dPqs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se6h5eGEhzs

I'm not sure what those videos are supposed to prove with regard to versatility, although she does sound lovely.

She's a great singer of course, but they all are. Beyonce has by far the biggest vocal range, and Michelle has always been one of the most severely underrated and under appreciated vocalists in popular music.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree. I much prefer her vocals and her solo material to anything Beyoncé has churned out.
    Commander is an absolute tune
  • Options
    MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    I really liked the Here I Am album. As well as the songs already mentioned, Heaven & Earth is also a favourite.

I thought Talk A Good Game was also a great album, very R&B so I'm not surprised it's not for some people here, but I loved it.

I think with her it seems that when she releases an album the hype and promo dies quick and then she's on to some other project. She really needs to try and promo hard and stick at it for the long haul as I feel that once the album is released the attention then goes elsewhere.

I personally wouldn't mind a mix of dance and R&B, but it's hard to keep both fanbases happy sometimes. Still, whatever she decides to release I'll definitely be checking it.