SkyPlatinumSkyPlatinum Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like this story might have been rubbish :(
  • Options
    parttimeparparttimepar Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    coulsontom wrote: »
    now giving out 2tb boxes for free if take movies or sports. and you still get a regular sky+hd box for free if want multiroom.

Source
  • Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Source

Try the Sky website, big banner scrolls across the top showing offers, this is one of them

http://www.sky.com/shop/offers/2tb/
  • Options
    racey43racey43 Posts: 224
    Forum Member
    Looks like this story might have been rubbish :(
    It was always speculation, or guesswork, in the press.
    It will be disappointing if there are no reductions, though.
    I've been tempted by Plusnet for a while but the last time I threatened to leave Sky offered a £10 a month reduction for 3 months. I'll wait for that to expire and think again.
  • Options
    powarpowar Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    I can see free broadband for all Sky Sports subscribers. Crystal ball and all... :)
  • Options
    racey43racey43 Posts: 224
    Forum Member
    powar wrote: »
    I can see free broadband for all Sky Sports subscribers. Crystal ball and all... :)
    I'm sure that your post has as much validity as the Telegraph article which started all this speculation and discussion.
    :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to some announcement tomorrow :confused:
  • Options
    TangoTango Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont think I be jumping to BT, been loyal to sky from day 1 of sky digital. No wonder I am poor. :(

I am sports mad and worried about first picks, I know there be no discount on £12/15

Anyone who is staying on sky and getting BT sport channels on sky??
  • Options
    THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,452
    Forum Member
    Tango wrote: »
    I dont think I be jumping to BT, been loyal to sky from day 1 of sky digital. No wonder I am poor. :(

I am sports mad and worried about first picks, I know there be no discount on £12/15

Yes I've got Sky Broadband and the full Sky TV package and I've paid the £15.00 activation fee for BT Sports. But luckily I got ESPN as a Christmas present every year from my cousin and he's going to continue paying for BT Sports for me. :):):):):)
    Ian
  • Options
    kincorth01kincorth01 Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    I posted this on the BT Sport thread but copy it below - not sure if one off or if more subscribers will get this email.

I got an email from Sky (under the banner a big thank you from us) offering half price broadband for 12 months if I continue to subscribe to Sky (Unlimited at £3.75 pm, Pro at £10.00). You just need to call them to sign up.
  • Options
    ickabodickabod Posts: 506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    coulsontom wrote: »
    now giving out 2tb boxes for free if take movies or sports. and you still get a regular sky+hd box for free if want multiroom.

Still £149 for existing customers though :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will stay loyal to sky, and take BT sports as a extra. I will probably cancel BT sports after month 1 and no doubt they will offer a discount ??

sky is premium and I like premium
  • Options
    ep1987ep1987 Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will stay loyal to sky, and take BT sports as a extra. I will probably cancel BT sports after month 1 and no doubt they will offer a discount ??

sky is premium and I like premium

£15 activation fee.
  • Options
    powarpowar Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    Tango wrote: »

Sky have 77 out of 100 first picks.
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    Hopefully, it will be the consumer who now benefits from the Sky vs. BT competition that's going on in the form of new offers and attractive retention deals. It's a pity that the energy utility market isn't this competitive.
  • Options
    David_AylingDavid_Ayling Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no news yet
  • Options
    TiwttmosTiwttmos Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather see the HD subscription dropped.
  • Options
    big_hard_ladbig_hard_lad Posts: 4,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiwttmos wrote: »
    I'd rather see the HD subscription dropped.

Wouldn't we all!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    just got a email from sky saying because i am a loyal sky tv customer my broadband is now half price. i just need to phone cust services to get it started
  • Options
    VisionMan1VisionMan1 Posts: 2,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heres the email (posted on the AVForums)-
    Your Sky Broadband Unlimited half price or 50% off Sky Fibre Unlimited for a whole year:-

As our way of saying thank you for being a Sky TV customer, we'd like to halve the cost of your Sky Broadband – whichever option you choose.

Your Sky Broadband Unlimited – half price for an entire year

You'll only pay £3.75 a month for a year when you agree to another 12 months of Sky Broadband Unlimited. That's £12 a month less than the standard cost of BT's equivalent broadband.

And of course, when we say unlimited, we mean totally unlimited. You can get online as much as you like and we won't slow you down – even at peak times.

Or upgrade with a huge 50% off superfast Sky Fibre Unlimited for a whole year

If you have a large household, or just want superfast broadband, you might want to consider Sky Fibre Unlimited. It's available in your area, we'll just need to check it's available in your home. You'll be able to watch HD videos, while others download large files and play multi-player games online – And it's just £10 a month for the first 12 months.

Whichever offer you choose, you'll need Sky Line Rental at £14.50 a month with Sky Talk.

Here's to big savings

Our Customer Service Team are waiting to renew your Sky Broadband at half the price – all you need to do is decide which offer suits you best and give them a call on 08442 410 883 by 8 August 2013.

Sky Broadband Team

http://www.avforums.com/forums/sky-sky-sky-hd-sky-3d/1773676-bt-sport-channels-10.html
  • Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, is this offer just for those already on broadband, or will it be rolled out to new customers as well (that's a new one, EXISTING CUSTOMERS ONLY, people always harping on about new customers only lol).
  • Options
    THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,452
    Forum Member
    So, is this offer just for those already on broadband, or will it be rolled out to new customers as well (that's a new one, EXISTING CUSTOMERS ONLY, people always harping on about new customers only lol).

Well I'm an existing customer and I hav'nt receaved this offer yet.
    Ian.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Mine only said about half price but no mention of fibre.
  • Options
    VisionMan1VisionMan1 Posts: 2,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Allmighty wrote: »
    Mine only said about half price but no mention of fibre.

You would need to put your tel No. or postcode into a BB checker to see if Sky fibre is available in your area. Because for most, it won't -

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/broadband_checker?address=true
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    I'm 6 months into my sky contract will I be liable for any offers?