Good Morning Britain - ITV

Comments

• racingcarbedmanracingcarbedman Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    I dont post on here much, but that Three Lions clip is the worst thing I have ever seen in my life, so embarrassing , especially when Good Morning Britain is at an utter low. Rumour has it Peter Simon is being lined up to save us all.
  • BushmillsBushmills Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont post on here much, but that Three Lions clip is the worst thing I have ever seen in my life, so embarrassing , especially when Good Morning Britain is at an utter low. Rumour has it Peter Simon is being lined up to save us all.

Agree, it's toe-curlingly awful.

I expected the last shot to be of all the presenters in the GMB office with a big poster saying "You don't have to be mad to work here.....but it helps!!"
  • bh21bh21 Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    Bushmills wrote: »
    Agree, it's toe-curlingly awful.

I expected the last shot to be of all the presenters in the GMB office with a big poster saying "You don't have to be mad to work here.....but it helps!!"
    Charlotte must have been sitting watching this morning with her head in her hands . wishing she had stayed with sunrise . they must all be raging tho . I'm pretty sure none of them would have signed up if they knew they would end up making complete t*ts of themselves like that
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bh21 wrote: »
    everything seems unnaturally forced

That seems to sum it up. You could allow some leeway at the start for that, but nearly 8 weeks on and you'd have thought that they would have relaxed more and been more natural. It shows through occasionally (notably with Charlotte) but when it;s the group at the desk ...... that's when it's all forced.

They all need to relax and just let the banter & laughter flow naturally (although I'm not sure that it would work for SR)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoever put together this abysmally patronising show should never work in TV again.

Why is the sports guy always smirking? Why does the simpering Ben Shephard look so knackered? But more importantly..why is this massive flop, that no one likes, still on air? :confused:
  • BushmillsBushmills Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the GMB editor seems very pleased with that cringeworthy video, because he's tweeted a link to it.

That tells you everything you need to know about this show, really.
  • best boybest boy Posts: 836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But more importantly..why is this massive flop, that no one likes, still on air? :confused:

Because BBC Breakfast has got lazy, the same stories on a 30-minute loop, over and over.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Citadel wrote: »
    Good Morning Britain and Lorraine are two different shows.

I know, but they are packaged together in terms of GMB advertising what's on Lorraine so I see no problem mentioning them together.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    best boy wrote: »
    Because BBC Breakfast has got lazy, the same stories on a 30-minute loop, over and over.

I would have thought the majority of breakfast television viewers watch for less than thirty minutes so it would be very wasteful to produce three hours of completely original content.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tatyana wrote: »
    I know, but they are packaged together in terms of GMB advertising what's on Lorraine so I see no problem mentioning them together.

Because they are two different programmes. This Morning promotes Loose Women in its show - does that make them the same programme?
    Forum Member
    Bushmills wrote: »
    Well, the GMB editor seems very pleased with that cringeworthy video, because he's tweeted a link to it.

That tells you everything you need to know about this show, really.

I just don't understand why they would go out of their way to present GMB as a "grown up" show with everyone behind a desk and then do something like the Three Lions video. Where is the continuity? Where's the logic?

It's frustrating that no one at ITV is acknowleding the public's total dislike of this programme. What will it take for someone to admit they got it very, very wrong?
    Forum Member
    Because they are two different programmes. This Morning promotes Loose Women in its show - does that make them the same programme?

I know they are different programmes, however they are both BRREAKFAST programmes and that's also why I'm mentioning them together.

Why on earth have you got such a bee in your bonnet about this?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tatyana wrote: »
    I know they are different programmes, however they are both BRREAKFAST programmes and that's also why I'm mentioning them together.

Why on earth have you got such a bee in your bonnet about this?

Sorry that I prefer facts.

Lorraine also gets around 330'000 more viewers than Good Morning Britain.
    Forum Member
    Sorry that I prefer facts.

Lorraine also gets around 330'000 more viewers than Good Morning Britain.

Facts are fine, but you seem frustraingly pedantic over something completely trivial.

Look, the way ITV advertise GMB and Lorraine makes it feel like they are packaged as one to me. That's just my own opinion, feel free to disagree.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that you might have missed the point of breakfast tv .... it's not meant to be watche beginning to end, It's meant to be watched at breakfast, catering as it does for many types: those getting up, those getting ready for work, those getting the children ready for school. None of whom can probably watch the whole programme, and probably only sample sections. And as it is based around the news, then it operates just like a rolling news channel to enable people to dip in & out according to what they are doing.

And of course, Sky Sunrise has a similar format, as does GMB.

I guess that the BBC Breakfast format changes somewhat after 8:30 as most "mobile" people will have finished getting ready f or work/school etc and would have left the house. Those viewers who are left are likely to be watching for longer.
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My breakfast show is BBC World News at 5am. I don't have the luxury of watching a choice of three breakfast shows as I'm out the door before 6 lol.

Its different as the 5am hour is big in America.

I watched a bit of Sky World News the other morning, and it was tedious to watch.
  • rammie96rammie96 Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    I've always thought that BBC Breakfast looked like a pretty lazy programme, which is why I'm constantly amazed by ITV's attempts to over-engineer the format.

Why do they try so, so hard?
    Forum Member
    rammie96 wrote: »
    I've always thought that BBC Breakfast looked like a pretty lazy programme, which is why I'm constantly amazed by ITV's attempts to over-engineer the format.

Why do they try so, so hard?

BBC Breakfast bores the pants off me, it's so slow paced.

I thought Daybreak had the balance of pace about right during the last six months or so it was around, but anyone who probably would have liked it had long since given up on ITV at breakfast time by then.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good Morning Britain presenter Susanna Reid should keep her head down and not listen to those criticising her says her former BBC colleague Bill Turnbull

Well he would say that, all the while she on ITV he will get better viewing figures.
  • best boybest boy Posts: 836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    I think that you might have missed the point of breakfast tv .... it's not meant to be watched beginning to end...
    etc. etc.

And that's how they get away with it. OK, what about BBC's 24 Hour News prog? It used to be excellent, realising that news happens all over the world and giving coverage to events as they happened. Now it's on the same, repetitive loop as the Breakfast show.

Repeat ad nauseum, throw in the odd filler such as the lamentable 'Hard Talk' or yet another repeat of 'Click'.

But still, it's only insomniacs who'll be watching so why bother?
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe research shows the average viewer watches BBC Breakfast for about 15 minutes.In the case of GMB it's probably about 15 seconds.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    I believe research shows the average viewer watches BBC Breakfast for about 15 minutes.

Ancient research all the broadcasters have tattooed on the inside of their eyelids hence the endless repetitive 15 minute blocks of "news" we get on the BBC and Sky news channels. Bears no relation to how I, or anyone I know, watches them but they are superglued to this notion.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    I believe research shows the average viewer watches BBC Breakfast for about 15 minutes.In the case of GMB it's probably about 15 seconds.

And the GMB viewers can't remember anything after 10 seconds?
  • cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    myscimitar wrote: »
    Good Morning Britain presenter Susanna Reid should keep her head down and not listen to those criticising her says her former BBC colleague Bill Turnbull

Well he would say that, all the while she on ITV he will get better viewing figures.

I would love to see some honesty.

When Chris Tarrant used to present the Breakfast Show on Capital Radio he was number 1 in London at breakfast. His long time presenting partner on the show, Kara Noble, defected to a rival breakfast show. He said he would miss her but when asked if he wished her good luck said no and he wanted her to fail. He said that if her show was successful it meant his wouldn't be.

Now that I like to see. :D

Bill Turnball must like that his show is still doing well after her defection.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    etc. etc.

And that's how they get away with it. OK, what about BBC's 24 Hour News prog? It used to be excellent, realising that news happens all over the world and giving coverage to events as they happened. Now it's on the same, repetitive loop as the Breakfast show.

Repeat ad nauseum, throw in the odd filler such as the lamentable 'Hard Talk' or yet another repeat of 'Click'.

But still, it's only insomniacs who'll be watching so why bother?

a) Cost, and having enough stories to report upon vs things actually happening

b) BBC News channel is a rolling news service