I need to buy a present for my friend who is a female 22 . What should I get her??

guttridgeguttridge Posts: 1,882
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What should I buy her? Perfume ? Wine/drinks. ? If your a women what you want it like? Any suggestion would be brill..

Comments

• Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    If you know what perfume she likes wearing, buy her some. But it could be a bit pricey if she only wears Dior or Chanel. A bottle of whatever she likes to drink, wine, vodka etc would be cheaper. And a box of Thorntons.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would avoid romantic type gifts if she's just a friend.
  • sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    Very difficult to say what you should get as we don't know her and don't know what kind of things she likes! And if you ask women what they'd like, you'll get as many answers as women answering.

Now, if it was me, then tickets to see the ballet, books, OU vouchers or the biggest Lego construction kit you can get... :D
  • evil cevil c Posts: 7,833
    Forum Member
    Listen carefully to her when she speaks and she is bound to reveal what she likes and what she would like. Then make an effort to track down and surprise her with something that she probably wouldn't get from anyone else.

If you're going to buy her chocolates purchase some that are delicious and unusual, rich and sensuous, to delight her senses, not everyday chocs from the high street that people buy because they can't be bothered to look for something special and individual.
  • Vix77Vix77 Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why not get her a gift card to have a massage, manicure or pedicure and she can choose out of the three
  • JackKlugmanJackKlugman Posts: 5,362
    Forum Member
    Get her an Ann Summers gift card
  • gorgeousgirlgorgeousgirl Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    I think it depends a little on the friendship. Does she have a boyfriend? Do you want to be more than friends? I think if I had a boyfriend I might find it a little strange if a guy bought me say a £60 bottle of perfume, it'd be a bit OTT.

Do you have any jokes between you that you could buy her gift of? What are her interests? It's probably really boring to some but my ideal gift would be a amazon voucher so I could buy books for my kindle and don't really like it when people buy me wine etc. Where as she might be the complete opposite!
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My girl is that age and has loads of men friends and a live in partner.
    Her partner would not be fussed if she was bought any sort of gift by another man.
    I think a voucher for nails or a massage is a good idea like someone has already suggested.
    A nice card never goes amiss as well.
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it depends a little on the friendship. Does she have a boyfriend? Do you want to be more than friends? I think if I had a boyfriend I might find it a little strange if a guy bought me say a £60 bottle of perfume, it'd be a bit OTT.

My wife would find it strange if I bought her a £60 bottle of perfume:o, does perfume really cost that much? Her response would be "who is the fancy woman?".

I would definitely say don't spend too much as that can come across creepy.
    Forum Member
    bobcar wrote: »
    My wife would find it strange if I bought her a £60 bottle of perfume:o, does perfume really cost that much? Her response would be "who is the fancy woman?".

Depends on the brand. Last time I was at the airport my mum asked me to get her a bottle of Chanel Coco Noir and it was just under £100.
  • Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A 10 inch dildo with a swivel end.
  • chopsimchopsim Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Eye wrote: »

Way hey!!
  • guttridgeguttridge Posts: 1,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CBFreak wrote: »
    I would avoid romantic type gifts if she's just a friend.

She is a friend at the moment, But I'm hoping for more:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :p
    Mr_Eye wrote: »

Better not. I dont think our friendship would last long. Be more like enemies but never say never.:p:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on the brand. Last time I was at the airport my mum asked me to get her a bottle of Chanel Coco Noir and it was just under £100.

Really that much? How much is the cheapest Chanel ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bobcar wrote: »

If you dont mind me asking. Why do you think it would come across as creepy?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you have any jokes between you that you could buy her gift of? What are her interests? It's probably really boring to some but my ideal gift would be a amazon voucher so I could buy books for my kindle and don't really like it when people buy me wine etc. Where as she might be the complete opposite!

No does not have boyfriend at the moment. Yes I would like to be more then friends.
  • Vix77Vix77 Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    guttridge wrote: »
    No does not have boyfriend at the moment. Yes I would like to be more then friends.

Definitely opt for a spa day then it will show what a thoughtful guy you are rather than just settling for a bottle of plonk or a voucher
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Tell her you're taking her out for dinner then :)

A present and a date in one.

Sometime you just have to grab the bull by the horns and go for it. Get in there before someone else does, or before you become friendzoned.
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member

Smooth:p
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sometime you just have to grab the bull by the horns and go for it. Get in there before someone else does, or before you become friendzoned.

Great advice here, go for it OP.
    Forum Member
    Really that much? How much is the cheapest Chanel ?

I think smaller bottles of certain types are around £45/50 but I'd be wary to buy her perfume without knowing if she likes it or not.

Knowing she's not got a boyfriend the spa/massage idea is nice.
  • Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member

This this this! :D Oh and a wee minding to give her at dinner. Something small but personal, something related to an in joke or a favourite TV show or the likes. One of my favourite gifts was a little die cast Dalek because he had gone out of his way to choose something he knew I'd like rather than pick up a bunch of flowers or chocolates on the way.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Perfect advice.

One of my male friends got me a scarf from river island for my birthday once. I was so touched that he'd went in and picked that out for me :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would you say buying her Perfume is over the top? as we are only friends at the moment?