dont know what to do?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi everyone, i just need to get a few things off my mind and any advice would be great.

I have just broke up with my boyfriend of 8 months, i was living with him and every thing was going great, then he decied he wasnt happy living werewe lived and wanted to move back home, hes from a different city to me, i was going to go with him, talked about it, told people etc.

About 2 weeks ago he then told me he didnt want to go with him, didnt think it was a good idea, and that he didnt want me depending on him for everything. It was a bit out of the blue and really really upset me. He said it was nothing id done, just how he felt - which i can understand.

I stayed with him till Sunday when i left - which was awfull, i hated having to say goodbye to him but he said he still loved me, im back at home now, and havent stopped crying since Sunday.

I feel like crap, i want to text him and ring him, but i dont want to anoy him with it.

Iv never had to get over someone before and dont know how to make myself feel better about it all.

Sorry for the long post.

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have any mates free who can arrange something with you - take your mind off things?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ukool wrote: »
    Hi everyone, i just need to get a few things off my mind and any advice would be great.

I have just broke up with my boyfriend of 8 months, i was living with him and every thing was going great, then he decied he wasnt happy living werewe lived and wanted to move back home, hes from a different city to me, i was going to go with him, talked about it, told people etc.

About 2 weeks ago he then told me he didnt want to go with him, didnt think it was a good idea, and that he didnt want me depending on him for everything. It was a bit out of the blue and really really upset me. He said it was nothing id done, just how he felt - which i can understand.

I stayed with him till Sunday when i left - which was awfull, i hated having to say goodbye to him but he said he still loved me, im back at home now, and havent stopped crying since Sunday.

I feel like crap, i want to text him and ring him, but i dont want to anoy him with it.

Iv never had to get over someone before and dont know how to make myself feel better about it all.

Sorry for the long post.

if just broken up with with my wife(10 years together) she had said the marriage had broken down(read my post)

this is the third time it has happened and there is always a third party involved. i will never give her the chance to shit on me again.

just think of different things, do what i did, get out with mates, join a gym, its amazing the amount of people there are out there

take care and dont worry
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fuzzibear wrote: »
    Do you have any mates free who can arrange something with you - take your mind off things?

deleted.wrong post
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replys, id love to be able to go out and pretend im fine, but i really dont feel like it.
    I hope i dont feel like this to long, i think the more i stay in and shut myself off from life the harder it will be, it just seems to hard to do anything right now, but its only been 2 days.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replys, id love to be able to go out and pretend im fine, but i really dont feel like it.
    I hope i dont feel like this to long, i think the more i stay in and shut myself off from life the harder it will be, it just seems to hard to do anything right now, but its only been 2 days.

try not to shut yourself off. i did for a bit but i thought it would pass and we would patch things up. i then discovered the boyfriend and knew i had nothing left to say to her. mind u, it was the same pattern as last time so to think that a third party wasent involved, was well..stupid
  • IWantPVRIWantPVR Posts: 8,302
    Forum Member

Sorry for the long post.

OP, Seems a strange way to break up, which probably doesn't help you to get any 'closure'.

Can I ask, were you financially dependent on him? Could it just be that he didn't like being financially tied down or was it being emotionally tied down which bothered him.

When you get to the truth of why you split up then you can start the process of recovering from that but right now you sound to be in limbo. It doesn't help him saying he still loves you, although people say all sorts when they want to avoid hurting someone's feelings.

If you don't already know, deep inside, why you aren't together any more, then you have a right to know, although you should maybe leave it some time before initiating a conversation on that. If you have any mutual friends who he's close to then maybe they could help but probably best left at the moment.

For now the best advice is to keep busy, write down his numbers somewhere and delete them from your phone for safety.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IWantPVR wrote: »
    OP, Seems a strange way to break up, which probably doesn't help you to get any 'closure'.

Can I ask, were you financially dependent on him? Could it just be that he didn't like being financially tied down or was it being emotionally tied down which bothered him.

When you get to the truth of why you split up then you can start the process of recovering from that but right now you sound to be in limbo. It doesn't help him saying he still loves you, although people say all sorts when they want to avoid hurting someone's feelings.

If you don't already know, deep inside, why you aren't together any more, then you have a right to know, although you should maybe leave it some time before initiating a conversation on that. If you have any mutual friends who he's close to then maybe they could help but probably best left at the moment.

For now the best advice is to keep busy, write down his numbers somewhere and delete them from your phone for safety.

No we both lived where we work, he got the flat as part of the job. So we were both alright for money.

He has always been homesick since moving here, and always said he wanted to move back. But when he decied to do go, he told me it was my desicion if i wanted to go or not. As i knew he would move back one day, i had already made my mind up about going with him. I think he thought id stay here and was suprised when i said i wanted to go with him.

I would love to be able to talk to him about it, but think its best left for a while, i have emailed him, dont thing id be able to speak if i saw him, but now he lives away i wont see him anyway.

Its been awfull as like i said i thought things were going well, but maybe me moving with him was to much for him to deal with, i dont know?
  • Stella100Stella100 Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the advice given by PVR is excellent - especially about deleting his numbers. It only takes one shandy too many and then drunken texts which you will regret the day after. (I am not insinuating that you will do this - just saying it's a possibility)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stella100 wrote: »
    I think the advice given by PVR is excellent - especially about deleting his numbers. It only takes one shandy too many and then drunken texts which you will regret the day after. (I am not insinuating that you will do this - just saying it's a possibility)

it is indeed, ive deleted my wifes number and my home number
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stella100 wrote: »

Knowing me i would probably do that, have done before, i cant be a bit of a bitch when im drunk, deleting his numbers is fine, but id still have his texts on my phone, which i dont want to get rid off. Maybe i should get a new sim card, and not put his number on? seems a bit far though?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no advice hun, as when my last relationship broke down, i was the one who finished with him, so i havent had to get over someone really.

I hope you find someone worth keeping hun xxxx chin up, and to you aswell digibod - chin up xxxx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Knowing me i would probably do that, have done before, i cant be a bit of a bitch when im drunk, deleting his numbers is fine, but id still have his texts on my phone, which i dont want to get rid off. Maybe i should get a new sim card, and not put his number on? seems a bit far though?

delete all his texts. you have to, i ended up texting her and regretted it. just gave het another chance to shit on me
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    digibod wrote: »
    delete all his texts. you have to, i ended up texting her and regretted it. just gave het another chance to shit on me

thats what i did when i finished with my Ex, i deleted his number and all texts, now i have no contact and am glad, he tried to split me and my hubby up. Best thing to do is to avoid all contact

There is a reason people from your past dont make it to your future!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i wish i could delete them, hes not been a ba***rd with me or anything, and i have no reason to hate him. i wish i could but i dont, he didnt really do anything wrong, other then decied he wanted to be on his own.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i wish i could delete them, hes not been a ba***rd with me or anything, and i have no reason to hate him. i wish i could but i dont, he didnt really do anything wrong, other then decied he wanted to be on his own.

Since leaving him have you contacted him?

Did he say anything? he still loves you cos you said he said he does but does he want to be with you but scared of commitment?
  • PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't text him, don't ring him. And the 'it's not you, it's me' line is always a copout. If someone loves you they'll make the effort to be with you.

Start getting pissed off with him, he's messed you about.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angel Lisa wrote: »
    Since leaving him have you contacted him?

Did he say anything? he still loves you cos you said he said he does but does he want to be with you but scared of commitment?

I text him sunday night to see if he got home ok, and yesterday when i moved home, i found some of his stuf so text him telling him.

I dont think hes scared of commitment, i dont really know though, i just think he felt like me going with him would be to much, hes living back at his mums and jobless, and i would have been as well if i went with him.
  • ikkleosuikkleosu Posts: 11,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Try thinking of it this way - As long as you keep getting in contact with him you are letting him have his cake and eat it too. He gets you worrying about him, chatting with him, comforting him, laughing with him, showing you care about him and he doesn't have to put in 1 tiny ounce of effort.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not being funny, but it sounds like there is a third party involved......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LQS wrote: »
    Not being funny, but it sounds like there is a third party involved......

A few people have said this to me, but i cant see it, as he worked 45 hour weeks, lived with me where he worked, and we spent a lot of time time together. He has always said he hates cheaters and would never do it.

I hope thier isnt anyone else involed, but it may help me to hate him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few people have said this to me, but i cant see it, as he worked 45 hour weeks, lived with me where he worked, and we spent a lot of time time together. He has always said he hates cheaters and would never do it.

I hope thier isnt anyone else involed, but it may help me to hate him.

when we split my wife said"the last thing on my mind is a a new relationship"

days later i see her in the car with another bloke and my neighbours are letting me know that he leaves at 7.30 in the morning

there is always a third party involved
  • QuicheofDeathQuicheofDeath Posts: 2,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    digibod wrote: »
    when we split my wife said"the last thing on my mind is a a new relationship"

days later i see her in the car with another bloke and my neighbours are letting me know that he leaves at 7.30 in the morning

there is always a third party involved

No there isn't. There was in your situation but that doesn't excuse you from hijacking someone else's thread and trying to upset them further. So cut it out.:mad: