whats going on in corrie??

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/blog/article/231246/

just read this, and im sure this has been done before in corrie. hmm what does everyone else think?

Comments

• KellerKeller Posts: 5,970
    Forum Member
    A bit unrealistic considering pubs are shutting everyday because of the recession and nobody knows that better that the people at Coronation Street seeing as one of their own cast members went through something similar. Any pub would find it very hard to survive in the current economic climate, especially one in such a small catchment area such as Coronation Street where there already is an established pub.

On the bright side it should add some fresh new scenery but I can't really see somewhere "flash" and setting out to be "the place to be" fitting in or lasting very long.
  • SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    I thought Chris Gascoyne was leaving?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Chris Gascoyne was leaving?
    Where has this news come from? I've heard several people talking about it for months but nobody has provided a source :confused:
  • SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    HertsMan wrote: »
    Where has this news come from? I've heard several people talking about it for months but nobody has provided a source :confused:

Tina Baker said he was on the Corrie page on Teletext.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,887
    Forum Member
    Maybe someone could Twitter Kris and ask him? ;)
  • RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ukool wrote: »
    http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/blog/article/231246/

just read this, and im sure this has been done before in corrie. hmm what does everyone else think?

Hmmm... yeah it has been done before, but in that article it says,
    The fictional boozer has gone unchallenged since Corrie launched back in 1960, however, this autumn will see a new bar open on the same street for the first time, reports The Sun.

which makes no sense, because they've had The Weatherfield Arms... which I think would have been competition?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The links from yahoo. I really hope this story doesnt happen though
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Yahoo wrote:
    The fictional boozer has gone unchallenged since Corrie launched back in 1960, however, this autumn will see a new bar open on the same street for the first time, reports The Sun.
    Yahoo is quoting The Sun - the story is bull. Never trust the tabloids.