Emmy's bad editing claims

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
Forum Member
Emmy said this on twitter:
"#thevoiceuk editors have made it seem as if I didn't like or respect @aleksjosh but that isn't the case. TV editing can be very clever."
"Onwards and Upwards, It's time to show the world the person I really am as #TheVoiceUK didn't, a shame because I'm not bitter."

Do you think it's true or was she just a bitch? I don't know because she can't be acting that way especially since she's a children's entertainer.

Comments

• ShellmanShellman Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even if she was just being a bitch, she had a right to be, she was 92840982350734x better than Alex.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't think she was disrespecting him at all, I think she was just serious about winning and getting through. Maybe the fact that he seemed so scared gave that impression but I didn't get that from her at all...

Xx..xX
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    Shellman wrote: »
    Even if she was just being a bitch, she had a right to be, she was 92840982350734x better than Alex.

I thought so too but was it the attitude which got her kicked off?
  • Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    You can't edit a face like a slapped arse every time the camera was on her during the judges comments.
  • SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can't edit a face like a slapped arse every time the camera was on her during the judges comments.

Maybe she had that slap arsed expression when they were saying something to her and they replaced those slap arsed comments to judges' constructive comments?:D
  • Gullible PublicGullible Public Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What attitude?

I thought the edit was to busy hamming up the lifeguards sob story.
  • *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,129
    Forum Member
    She sounds very X-Factor to me, all sour grapes and excuses.

I did actually think Alex was better once he overcame the nerves.
  • barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    She'd get to the final on X Factor (not in a good way)
  • rubyred25rubyred25 Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought her attitude would have made me not vote. She came across very snooty, when she walked on stage. I know about the editing, from media studies. You can't put a foot wrong, because it will be shown, and anything good will not,if thats how they want to portray you. I didn't warm to her, and I know she was edited that way for some reason. Maybe she did ruffle some feathers.?
  • Thank youThank you Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully more speak out about how the show is just like the X Factor, editing her to look bad shame on you producers!
  • ShellmanShellman Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barrcode88 wrote: »
    She'd get to the final on X Factor (not in a good way)

Can The Voice put a foot wrong, oh Mr. Barcode?
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    She's not the only one who's claimed this, J Marie made the same accusation last night and today.
    Forum Member
    Shellman wrote: »
    Can The Voice put a foot wrong, oh Mr. Barcode?

The show in a few weeks is better than X Factor - sure there are flaws, but overall I'm hapy my license fee is going towards it, great entertainment :)
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    J Marie also tweeted, that some of her high notes were cut and footage of her speaking about her background (past work etc). She doesn't sound happy about the edit.
  • posiepebblesposiepebbles Posts: 1,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did scream 'bitch edit' at both of those packages and I'm disappointed with the beeb for doing it - I'm guessing they were trying to mitigate public annoyance at somewhat strange decisions. Really wish they played this show straighter but it probably wouldn't be getting those ratings if they did.

Having said that, if you only utter words of sweetness and light, they can't pull the bitch edit trick on you...
  • bookclub10bookclub10 Posts: 4,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    She's not the only one who's claimed this, J Marie made the same accusation last night and today.

And Indie and Pixie are at it on twitter also :)

34m Indie and Pixie‏@IndieandPixie

(regardless of what The Voice say)

35m Indie and Pixie‏@IndieandPixie

Thankyou everyone for your support.. It's all good guys! We're so happy for @rebeckyhill , love her more than life xxxxxx

Indie and Pixie‏@IndieandPixieReply

THIS HAS BEEN SO TWISTED
    Forum Member
    J Marie also tweeted, that some of her high notes were cut and footage of her speaking about her background (past work etc). She doesn't sound happy about the edit.

Would the high notes have made any difference? She was blurring the line between that and shouting its a shame she was good when she did Mama Knows Best.
  • bigbro24bigbro24 Posts: 11,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't think she came across badly, anyway I'm disappointed she didn't get through
    Forum Member
    bookclub10 wrote: »

Thankyou everyone for your support.. It's all good guys! We're so happy for @rebeckyhill , love her more than life xxxxxx

THIS HAS BEEN SO TWISTED

Welcome to TV, but at the same time they still wouldn't of won, so it was a case of Jessie pulling the trigger, there are 10x better singers already through who'd smoke them.
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    Would the high notes have made any difference? She was blurring the line between that and shouting its a shame she was good when she did Mama Knows Best.

Hmm I don't think they would have made a difference. I think Sophie's improvement from her audition made her go through.

J Marie has retweeted tweets about the show focusing on age, rather than voice too.
    I think that might have been a factor in a lot of the decisions tonight.

David Gough‏@DaveNoddyGough

If @J_MarieCooper is too old at 27 then should be called The Under 25 Voice or something

Retweeted by J_MarieCooper
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    J Marie imo has gone as far as she can voice wise (in fact she's actually gone backwards from the auditions imo). The improvement Sophie showed from the audtion imo made the decision the correct one.
    Forum Member
    How old is Toni? - How old are some of Tom's acts?

Not a solid argument.
  • whoyouarexowhoyouarexo Posts: 6,099
    Forum Member
    *Laura* wrote: »
    She sounds very X-Factor to me, all sour grapes and excuses.

I did actually think Alex was better once he overcame the nerves.

I agree. and to be honest, even if she thinks it was edited badly, she was the one who SOUNDED dismissive towards Alex, when she was saying how she was supporting him and that. I think she was patronizing him!

To be honest, I think shes a very squeaky voice, and although Alex went wrong initially, once he really hit his stride, he did really well.
    How old is Toni? - How old are some of Tom's acts?

Not a solid argument.

Very true!
  • SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. and to be honest, even if she thinks it was edited badly, she was the one who SOUNDED dismissive towards Alex, when she was saying how she was supporting him and that. I think she was patronizing him!

To be honest, I think shes a very squeaky voice, and although Alex went wrong initially, once he really hit his stride, he did really well.

Very true!

Aleks went off key in the beginning, and towards the end he went off key again.
  • lovecat86lovecat86 Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    bookclub10 wrote: »

THIS HAS BEEN SO TWISTED

They know a girl 5 minutes in the capacity of they are competing to win a competition and potentially battling against her, then they are battling against her, yet they love her more than life?! Not sure I'd even say that about my better half (yet) and it's been a LOT longer than that!