The Dumping Ground - CBBC

Comments

• Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Though I think that kiss at the end was camera trickery :D

And indeed a central episode for Rick is one I had been hoping for a while.

Do they have videos for all/most of the actors talking about their characters as with Faith and Gus?

Yeah, they do.They showed them on The Dumping Ground extra (red button). Joe and Amy also talked about their characters. (Johnny and Carmen).

Amy said that Carmen will remain girly in this series but also a bit more grown up. Joe said that his character will be a bit more mature.

They also mentioned a few facts about their "Dumping Ground" family. Mia (Tee) has stared in different roles and has also moved house a lot in real life and Noah (Gus) is actually American.:D
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,223
    Forum Member
    I thought Noah was born in the West Country judging by his accent. Are the others (Joe and Amy) still available on CBBC Extra?

The episode in each series where they go on a trip is always pretty good - especially the dramatic side to the series 2 episode 'A Day in the Country'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    That was a good episode, I enjoyed that. Frank and Jade seem like a good match. I also liked how Faith and Rick were there for Frank.:)

Sneek peek for episode 8! - http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/clips/p014vbg2

That sneak peek suggests that it was filmed after the first episodes if we're going on the clothes Tee was wearing :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That sneak peek suggests that it was filmed after the first episodes if we're going on the clothes Tee was wearing :rolleyes:

That's true.

On the CBBC message boards, Jess (Elektra) and Chris (Frank) said that they don't film the episodes in order which makes it a bit confusing sometimes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/articles/tdg-chris-jess-webchat
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good episode, but not enough Elektra.

I like that Jody's chocolate addiction was still featured.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Good episode, but not enough Elektra.

I like that Jody's chocolate addiction was still featured.

Was Elektra even in the episode much? She only had a bit to say at the start I believe.

I'm thinking - where will they go next with some characters (e.g Lily, Tee, Johnny, Carmen etc in terms of personality)?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was Elektra even in the episode much? She only had a bit to say at the start I believe.

I'm thinking - where will they go next with some characters (e.g Lily, Tee, Johnny, Carmen etc in terms of personality)?

I saw Elektra at the start of the episode, she smirked when Frank announced his grades.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Interesting there are only a few members who post on this three rather than a minority which I would like to see.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting there are only a few members who post on this three rather than a minority which I would like to see.

I'm sure it will be more active soon. I think some members have been a bit busy this week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm sure it will be more active soon. I think some members have been a bit busy this week.

Still, hope we get to a thousand by the end of the series. The more posts, the more noticeable the thread and it's more likely more people will visit. In that case, if this thread could actually help the viewing figures that'd be great as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still, hope we get to a thousand by the end of the series. The more posts, the more noticeable the thread and it's more likely more people will visit. In that case, if this thread could actually help the viewing figures that'd be great as well.

We are halfway there so it's a good start so far!:D I will try to post as much info as I can to make the thread more noticeble (once I get the free time). I would be glad to help.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We are halfway there so it's a good start so far!:D I will try to post as much info as I can to make the thread more noticeble (once I get the free time). I would be glad to help.:)

Great - I'm sure there's a lot of info that is unknown at the moment that many of us would love to know.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    Yeah, good episode, doubt Jade (?) is staying? xD
  • Options
    george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    I thought Noah was born in the West Country judging by his accent. Are the others (Joe and Amy) still available on CBBC Extra?

The episode in each series where they go on a trip is always pretty good - especially the dramatic side to the series 2 episode 'A Day in the Country'

He is from Somerset near Bristol, but his parents are American, so his accent is probably a combination of both. I'm a Bristol actor and while I don't know him personally, I've worked with people who train with him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great - I'm sure there's a lot of info that is unknown at the moment that many of us would love to know.

I will keep a lookout. Like you said, it would be great to see the number of viewers increase.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Unfortunately, it's not on CBBC Extra anymore because they tend to swap and show behind the scenes for other programmes. 3 weeks ago, They showed some of the cast of TDG talking about their characters and an exclusive sneak peek from episode 9.

This week they showed behind the scenes of Sadie J.

Hopefully they will put the clips on the CBBC page.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    KeiranJ wrote: »
    Yeah, good episode, doubt Jade (?) is staying? xD

Same. While she is a good character I don't see why she should really appear in further episodes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same. While she is a good character I don't see why she should really appear in further episodes.

If there is a second series and if Frank is still on the show then it would be nice for Jade appear in his next central episode (only if he gets another one).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I miss Gus does any know what happened to him? I'm usually at work when its on telly and I'm the type of person who comes across it whilst channel surfing so I don't really know what time it comes on.

Also I thought I was getting a bit too old to watch shows like this as my 13 year old cousin was gob smacked that I knew a few of the characters names she asked me how I knew their names and I told her that I watch it sometimes and her reply to me was " what the hell man, how old are you?" :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    green855 wrote: »
    I miss Gus does any know what happened to him? I'm usually at work when its on telly and I'm the type of person who comes across it whilst channel surfing so I don't really know what time it comes on.

Also I thought I was getting a bit too old to watch shows like this as my 13 year old cousin was gob smacked that I knew a few of the characters names she asked me how I knew their names and I told her that I watch it sometimes and her reply to me was " what the hell man, how old are you?" :D

Ronnie and Dawn fostered him in episode 5. They were a lesbian couple. Since then, he was only briefly mentioned by Mike in episode 6.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    green855 wrote: »
    I'm usually at work when its on telly and I'm the type of person who comes across it whilst channel surfing so I don't really know what time it comes on.

It's on every Friday at 17:00 until 22nd March. There's also the repeat on Saturday at 12 and Sunday at 10.
  • Options
    SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Missed it again cause I dozed off:o... Will catchup later..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    520k (3.6%) for yesterday's episode.

Here's a round-up of all ratings so far:

04/01: 593k (4.2%), consolidated to 625k
    11/01: 615k (4.1%), consolidated to 684k
    18/01: 429k (2.4%), consolidated to 500k
    25/01: 542k (3.5%), consolidated to 631k
    01/02: 479k (3.3%)
    08/02: 520k (3.6%)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Consolidated rating for episode 6 is 545k.
  • Options
    thehordeoftravthehordeoftrav Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    A really good episode! 7.5/10!
    The problems were, What happened to the fortune teller?
    This has happened a lot, they leave some things unexplained!

I really want them to show them going to school or in their school uniform!!! They have never done this in TBR OR TDG!
    It's very unrealistic! Is it always the weekend or the holidays?!

Lily virtually leaves at The Dumping Ground!!! She has been in every episode! Now her father has a girlfriend, she wouldn't need respite care! It's okay to visits but in EVERY episode so far!-It's not right.