Once Upon A Time- Season 2(US PACE)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    could....Gold be Regina's father? be an interesting twist... and yes those scenes were disturbing!

fab episode!
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2FS wrote: »
    Spot on! :D

I'm so proud.:o:D

Great episode!
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    could....Gold be Regina's father? be an interesting twist... and yes those scenes were disturbing!

fab episode!

I thought it was going that way (and making the family relationships even more knotted!), but I don't think it was the case after all... Surely Rumple would have known if she was his, and claimed her as part of the deal...Cora did state that the contract only applied to *his* child, and that he would not have one with her.
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    The idea of Emma being able to summon up magic, when the vastly more experienced Snow White and Prince Charming are total duffers in that department just doesn't work. In fact, the idea of them ever defeating anyone with magical powers seems remote.

Also, I can't get my head around why they all hang onto the standard world (and therefore false) names when they know who they really are. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    thats a good point, where does Emma get her magic from?... I hope they address that at some point.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, I can't get my head around why they all hang onto the standard world (and therefore false) names when they know who they really are. :confused:

This is one of the few things that bugs me. Whenever somebody calls Snow "Mary Margaret", I scream in my head "SHE'S CALLED SNOW!" I accept it from Emma though, she knew her as Mary Margaret before finding out she was both Snow White and her mother, both of which were hard things to get her head around.

On another note, I'm wondering about what future characters we may see, if we get a Season 3, which I really hope we do. I read rumours of
    Jafar. Does he appear in the original folktale that the Aladdin movie is based on, or was he a movie creation?
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    This is one of the few things that bugs me. Whenever somebody calls Snow "Mary Margaret", I scream in my head "SHE'S CALLED SNOW!"

Yes, what is the point they're trying to make, I wonder. There is only one outsider resident in the town, (aside from Emma), and he's in hospital. So they hardly have to keep up a pretence.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, what is the point they're trying to make, I wonder. There is only one outsider resident in the town, (aside from Emma), and he's in hospital. So they hardly have to keep up a pretence.
    I think you can get away with it for most characters as they have been calling each other the new names for over 20 years, yes their memories of these years are rather vague but the habbit of using those names probably built up.

However why David uses Mary Margaret rather than Snow when he only knew her as MM for a few weeks is another matter.
  • sweetazkandisweetazkandi Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really think more than ever now that Bae is Peter Pan. He is older than Cora yet in Storybrook he appears So much younger. He's been in Neverland for so long and never grew up which would explain him now being younger than Cora.
  • cornishannacornishanna Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    He mentioned to Emma he had been to another land before coming here and said otherwise he would be about 200 years old. The Princess who tripped Cora up, was she Snow's mother?! If so she changed her tune about attitude to peasants and servants!! I have to say I was disappointed with that episode, the build up to the death of "one of ours" was really misleading!! Don't get me wrong, I'm glad all my favourite characters are still here but I was expecting to be left devastated! Can't wait to find out where Emma's magic is coming from though!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must have missed that part :s

Isn't Emma's magic down to her coming from such powerful 'true' love?
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Loved this one.

Cora's death was kind of sad but let's be honest here - she had it coming.

Liked her flashbacks and Rose McGowen was a great choice for the younger version of her and I enjoyed her all too obvious backstory with Gold as well for that matter.

Bit ruthless of Snow being the one responsible for her death but understandable as well to be honest.

Looks like Regina is going to be even more of a nightmare for the gang than usual.

Nice scenes with Emma, Neil and Gold as well.

Overall, I enjoyed this one a lot, 9/10.
  • SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    Why is Belle still in hospital? She isn't ill, she's lost her memory.

Great episode though, good casting with young Cora. I love Mr Gold/Rumple - fantastic character who gets better every week, Deary. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him Emma, Neal and Henry. And I liked ruthless Mary Margaret, hope we see more of her.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is Belle still in hospital? She isn't ill, she's lost her memory.

Great episode though, good casting with young Cora. I love Mr Gold/Rumple - fantastic character who gets better every week, Deary. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him Emma, Neal and Henry. And I liked ruthless Mary Margaret, hope we see more of her.

Yes, but the reason she fell over the town line is because Hook shot her.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I'm still wondering about that other fella in the hospital as well.

Where are they going with him, storywise?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking the same. He called someone and told them what has happened, it seems to be takin this person a long time to arrive in storybrook??
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If we have a third season, I expect Greg to be one of the main stories. I think his introduction in Season 2 was just to set that up. Unless he becomes important in the finale.
    Forum Member
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    Yes, but the reason she fell over the town line is because Hook shot her.
    But Gold healed her (that was what the car driver saw), so she has no injuries from that.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But Gold healed her (that was what the car driver saw), so she has no injuries from that.

The driver saw Gold throwing a ball of fire at Hook. I can't remember him healing her though, I was sure he asked if he could at the hospital but she declined.
    Forum Member
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    The driver saw Gold throwing a ball of fire at Hook. I can't remember him healing her though, I was sure he asked if he could at the hospital but she declined.
    You're right, it was the ball of fire the driver saw. But after the car crashed, Gold healed Belle - causing her to panic about who or what he was even more.
  • pon farrpon farr Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    Just watched latest episode, have to say I really liked it. I thought Rose McGowan played an excellent younger version of Cora.
  • Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well i guess that explains the significance of "Greg". Looks like he might be Regina's archenemy while she's waiting for the Nolan/Blanchard/Swan/Gold family unit to self implode. Although then again he seems to have forged an alliance/friendship with Belle/Lacey in the previous episodes so Gold may well be dragged into it anyway and with Emma and David as Sheriff and Deputy they'll probly get involved too. I'm guessing Regina is keeping "Greg's" father imprisoned in the same place she kept Sydney and Lacey
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ It all makes sense now. Just hope the dad is alive. This show just gets better and better and I wonder how Henry turned up...want to know his story.
  • Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AndreaJx wrote: »
    ^ It all makes sense now. Just hope the dad is alive. This show just gets better and better and I wonder how Henry turned up...want to know his story.

In season 1 it was revealed that Gold procured Henry for Regina but it wasnt explained exactly how. It looks like Greg was the reason Regina first wanted a child but she didnt get Henry until 18 yrs after Greg initially left Storybrooke so I really want to know why she waited so long. If she had adopted a different child sooner then Emma would never have turned up.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good to see Ruby looking like her old self ;)

I enjoy episode centred around Regina.