Once Upon A Time- Season 2(US PACE)

Comments

• CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marios mum wrote: »
    Could someone remind me briefly of the circumstances with the King and Charming - I remember Charming had a brother who was with the King (as his son) and was going to marry Midas's daughter then was killed and Charming took his place - am I right? What I can't remember is how Charming's brother was with the King in the first place - how did he leave his mother - and then when he died did the King just come and take Charming as a replacement? There is just too much to remember in this series - but it's excellent anyway!

The King wanted a Son and (as with every other story in the Enchanted Forest) he made a deal with Rumplestiltskin.

Rumple bought (can't recall what with) Charmings twin brother (when they were babies) and gave him to the King.

When the brother died Rumple revealed to the King that Charming existed and the King (by threatening Charmings mother) got him to take the role of his dead brother.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Loved this one.

End scene with Tamara and Owen roping Hook into helping them might actually make the character more useful for a change, right?

Regina unleashed Lacey and Lacey reignited Gold's dark side. This should be fun to watch, dearie.

Loved Robin Hood in this one but he was surprisingly underused, though I did enjoy the scenes we got with him and hopefully he'll appear again next season.

Regina managed to find out about the beans pretty damn fast. I did like her scenes with Gold and Emma in this one as well. 8/10.
  • Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good episode. Looks like its shaping up to be a good finale. Shame about Maleficent though. I thought she's have more of an appearance.
  • kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting that Snow once thought (quite rightly) that Regina was beyond redemption, but changed her mind later in Storybrooke. For me Regina would have to sacrifice herself to save the world to even begin to wash away all the blood that's on her hands!
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very good episode, reignited my enthusiasm for the show that had started to lessen. :)

Surprised to see Maleficent, even if she was in a weird undead form. It would be great to have her back on a regular basis, but Kristin Bauer van Straten is busy with True Blood, so unless they recast her, it won't happen anytime soon.

Loved the ending, I'm very intrigued to see what Owen and Tamara have planned next. It looks like they could be shaping up to be the new Big Bads, even making Regina powerless. :)
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another amazing outfit for Regina. The costume department do a great job.

Only two till the end of the season.
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was this just a recap episode of what's happened so far?
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This season is not as good as season one, I like the show but they need to up their game.
  • Wayne814Wayne814 Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No that was on a couple of weeks ago
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This weeks episode was 'The Evil Queen'. The recap episode was 'The Price of Magic'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys. I could've sworn I read somewhere about this episode being a recap. Must've gotten it mixed up. :)
    Forum Member
    The flashbacks felt a little pointless but overall, a solid episode.

Regina is crap at undercover stuff, isn't she? Her ego nearly got her killed and massacring a village turned Snow against her and I was enjoying their interactions as well.

Rumples was fun in this one, especially with needling of Regina towards the end.

Would've liked another reason for Emma suspecting Tamara but her and Henry investigating was delightful though. Great team those two.

Regina continues to be batshit in her actions and thoughts. Some things really are hardwired into people's basic DNA.

Hook - you'll always be the minion and don't think Tamara and Owen won't get rid of you now you've lived your usefulness as well.

Great episode though, 7/10.
  • anotherlongersanotherlongers Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps it's just me but the series seems to have nosedived since Cora died. It just seems to be going round and round in pointless circles. Hope I'm wrong and it's building to a huge but well-disguised climax, but I've been disappointed with the last few episodes.
  • RevengaRevenga Posts: 11,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unless the last two episodes are outstanding, I won't bother with season 3. It just feels a chore to watch now, and I'm only sticking with it because there's not far to go.
  • LennieLennie Posts: 25,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hook was smart in what he did... played both sides, knowing that either could bring him vengeance, but as Regina is - she again backstabs him

Ppl seem to not realise that he is a smart and intelligent man, and has a brain - yeah he fails (but i think there is a reason to why he does fail)

What i really liked is Hook has acknowledge what his life will be like - empty, and also that this revenge is an end, and there reason why he has no one that cares for him (he is now at a pinpoint, where he is doubting if this is what he wants, of course given that he has a chance to end Rumpel with Greg/Tamara telling him, he will take it but i think at the end of the episode he realised that they have something bigger planned then what they told him before, its not just about finding his dad) seeing Rumpel and so called Lacey, he realised he failed and Rumpel has moved on, and i do think deep down step by step Hook would want the same to move on, ready to think of letting it go... which i hope is addressed coming into the finale episodes, because of this realisation he has had.

Emma's lie detector is working fine, she is right about Tamara as we all know - so no emotions involved there.

Emma-Hook parallled in how they faced and fought Maleficent, even Regina's dialogues were similar when she took Emma-Hook to the library and who was down there.

Emma-Hook have been parralleling each other - and the smilarities they both share.

Did anyone think Snow learnt her skills in the forest with Robin Hood? I liked seeing Snow like this

Also Emma and Henry scenes felt like season 1 scenes :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps it's just me but the series seems to have nosedived since Cora died. It just seems to be going round and round in pointless circles. Hope I'm wrong and it's building to a huge but well-disguised climax, but I've been disappointed with the last few episodes.

I know what you mean. I did enjoy the latest one, but the show in general does seem to have lost it's direction lately.

I'm excited about Tamara and Owen, but there was a lot of pointless stuff before we got to them (for example, Anton running around trashing Storybrooke), and I'm still disappointed that Cora didn't stick around longer.

I really thought they'd make King George a major villain actually, but after one prominent episode, he vanishes again.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Lennie wrote: »
    Did anyone think Snow learnt her skills in the forest with Robin Hood? I liked seeing Snow like this

I have to admit i have been leaving this at the bottom of my viewing pile as something to get round to rather than being keen to watch it, i did however enjoy these bits with Emma and Henry and seeign Snow as Snow, cant stand MM same with David though dont mind charming.

If it wasnt for Regina and Gold / Lacey Belle and Red when we see her i would have given this the boot by now
  • LMLM Posts: 63,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another average episode. Have to admit, the last few episodes have been a bit meh, but then every show has those episodes. I do hope the last episodes are not anti-climatic

I do have a fear that the show won't last long for some reason. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't end after next year. The plot feels like it is coming to an end, I mean I couldn't see this show running for 7 seasons.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad we had people point out to Emma that her "superpower" sucks ;)
    Forum Member
    Lennie wrote: »
    Hook was smart in what he did... played both sides, knowing that either could bring him vengeance, but as Regina is - she again backstabs him

Ppl seem to not realise that he is a smart and intelligent man, and has a brain - yeah he fails (but i think there is a reason to why he does fail)

What i really liked is Hook has acknowledge what his life will be like - empty, and also that this revenge is an end, and there reason why he has no one that cares for him (he is now at a pinpoint, where he is doubting if this is what he wants, of course given that he has a chance to end Rumpel with Greg/Tamara telling him, he will take it but i think at the end of the episode he realised that they have something bigger planned then what they told him before, its not just about finding his dad) seeing Rumpel and so called Lacey, he realised he failed and Rumpel has moved on, and i do think deep down step by step Hook would want the same to move on, ready to think of letting it go... which i hope is addressed coming into the finale episodes, because of this realisation he has had.

Emma's lie detector is working fine, she is right about Tamara as we all know - so no emotions involved there.

Emma-Hook parallled in how they faced and fought Maleficent, even Regina's dialogues were similar when she took Emma-Hook to the library and who was down there.

Emma-Hook have been parralleling each other - and the smilarities they both share.

I'm not crazy about Hook but some good thoughts there.

Wouldn't be surprised if the writers attempted a thing with him and Emma as well, especially if she really is sincere about not wanting a relationship with Neal.

Plus they do seem to be shipped by Tumblr folk.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Plus they do seem to be shipped by Tumblr folk.

Who isn't? :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This episode had its ups and downs. So many parallelisms which annoyed me to my surprise. Really can't stand Greg and Tamara...someone kill them already and Lacey/Belle too! :mad: And the less said about the Charmings and Regina the better. :rolleyes:
    Neal and Emma scene... where's the vomit emoticon?! Please writers... no S3 moping.

Just loved the parts with Bae with the Darlings and the scene with a general act of heroism . :) The twist with Peter Pan was good...that is what I initially thought until my sister said something that just makes me think :eek:.

I really think
    Wendy started the organisation after what happened to Bae.

One more episode left...just hope Bae is in it!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AndreaJx wrote: »

I really think
    Wendy started the organisation after what happened to Bae.

I was thinking exactly the same!

A fantastic episode. As previously said, loved the twist with Peter Pan!

Greg and Tamara really don't feel like villains to me, their acting really isn't that convincing.

Can't wait for the next episode!
    I'm guessing Neal was sent back to Neverland?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great episode. Best for a while!
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i might catch up with this series, is robbie carlisle still in?