Once Upon A Time- Season 2(US PACE)

Comments

• claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well Rumple really is a nasty piece of work isn't he?

Belle really needs to get the hell away from him forever!

Nice to see our team of 4 ladies back again. I hope we have them every week - I get rather bored when they're not around. Particularly when the episode is about Charming :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrkite77 wrote: »
    Fun episode. To have Dr Whale be Dr Frankenstein is just so perfect... wonder if his world really is black & white.

Thanks for the spoiler,really appreciate that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chas smash wrote: »
    Thanks for the spoiler,really appreciate that.

Did you really come into a clearly marked US pace thread and complain about spoilers from the episode that just aired? :confused:
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    claire2281 wrote: »
    Did you really come into a clearly marked US pace thread and complain about spoilers from the episode that just aired? :confused:

There was a moron like this in the Dexter US Pace thread last week as well, moaning that I had spoiled the episode for him. If you haven't seen the latest US episode, do not click on the thread, it's not rocket science! :rolleyes:
  • kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder why Rumple didn't simply ask Jefferson to transport him to our dimension to find his son, or did the fact that a return journey would have been impossible in a dimension without magic deter him?
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SteelEdge wrote: »
    There was a moron like this in the Dexter US Pace thread last week as well, moaning that I had spoiled the episode for him. If you haven't seen the latest US episode, do not click on the thread, it's not rocket science! :rolleyes:

I know, I was there for that moan too! You can't help some people can you, it's like they go looking for spoilers just to moan that their shows been ruined!

Back to OUAT, really enjoyed Dr Frankenstein and his monster. When you saw the trailer you had to wonder was this a step too far, then Jefferson and his hat show up and it all just slots into place!

Seriously if you explained this to somebody who's never watched before they would think your insane. Captain Hook leading a group comprised of Snow White and her adult daughter, Mulan & Sleeping Beauty Princess Aurora up a beanstalk to get a magic compass (Captain Jacks? fingers crossed!) to return to their cursed home in our reality.
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another great episode!

Loved the flashbacks in this episode to Regina and Rumple. Was good to see how she was taught magic, and what was her reason behind wanting to learn it so badly.

Now we know that Mad Hatter can take characters from other worlds, I wonder just how far the creators are going to go, in terms of bringing in characters from outside of the fairy tale land.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anybody else think Charming was a prick for punching Whale? What didn't he understand about them being cursed and not remembering their past selves? :rolleyes:

Plus, after the whole Kathryn / MM fiasco, he's in no position to judge regardless.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    claire2281 wrote: »

Hold on, the episode had only aired a few hour previous.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Palmerwho wrote: »
    I know, I was there for that moan too! You can't help some people can you, it's like they go looking for spoilers just to moan that their shows been ruined!

Back to OUAT, really enjoyed Dr Frankenstein and his monster. When you saw the trailer you had to wonder was this a step too far, then Jefferson and his hat show up and it all just slots into place!

Seriously if you explained this to somebody who's never watched before they would think your insane. Captain Hook leading a group comprised of Snow White and her adult daughter, Mulan & Sleeping Beauty Princess Aurora up a beanstalk to get a magic compass (Captain Jacks? fingers crossed!) to return to their cursed home in our reality.

Have a look at what time the poster released the spoiler,literally straight after the show ended.I dont think its much to ask to keep to themselves for a few hours at least
  • Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 11,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have a look at what time the poster released the spoiler,literally straight after the show ended.I dont think its much to ask to keep to themselves for a few hours at least

Once it's aired, discussing the episode is not a spoiler. Heck you can even discuss the episode as it is showing, if that's your thing.

It is up to those who haven't caught up, to take responsibilty for not seeing anything that might spoil their viewing and coming into a thread that discusses the show is very definitely something you don't want to do until you have seen the particular episode yourself.

I'd ask the question, what on earth do you think people were discussing immediately after an episode had aired? But I am sure you know the answer and this is a case of you trying to pass your own error onto others. And that isn't going to fly.

Presumably you have now watched the episode, so what did you think? Personally it was one of my least favourites. I never liked the doctor (obviously :p) and I don't like a trying-to-be-good Regina. Thank heavens there was enough of the far more complex Rumple/Gold character to save the episode from being completely dire. Oh and as someone else mentioned, Jefferson isn't half bad either (is he the only character to have the same name in both worlds?)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anybody else think Charming was a prick for punching Whale? What didn't he understand about them being cursed and not remembering their past selves? :rolleyes:

Plus, after the whole Kathryn / MM fiasco, he's in no position to judge regardless.

Tbh, I often think Charming is a bit of a dick and doesn't exactly live up to his name :p
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    and I don't like a trying-to-be-good Regina.

I don't mind her, and kudos to Lana Parrilla for being able to play good younger Regina, evil Regina and MAyor Regina trying to be good so well.

What is noticable is how much more fabulous she is when she's evil. The outfit she had on when she ripped the heart out of her 'replacement' looked amazing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    I don't mind her, and kudos to Lana Parrilla for being able to play good younger Regina, evil Regina and MAyor Regina trying to be good so well.

What is noticable is how much more fabulous she is when she's evil. The outfit she had on when she ripped the heart out of her 'replacement' looked amazing.

I think Regina is certainly the sympathetic villain and a victim of circumstance who clearly wants to do better now. Good on the show for going there.

Rumple on the other hand....I think he's starting to emerge as the true malevolent force in the show. I'd be worried for Belle being round him!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't get enough of this show...I'm literally 'hooked' ( had to say that :p).

This show just keeps getting better and better and so many storylines that can be explored. I did like the introduction of a black/white "gothic" world. It will probably be the same home to the likes of Dracula, Dr. Jekyll, etc. and while they're not stereotypical "fairy tales," they are culturally-significant stories.

Is it just be or does anyone else want Hook to be Emma's new love interest? Loved this episode purely because of a good dose of Hook and Jefferson :o. And it was nice to see Daniel back ( I only realised that the actor plays Ryan in Nikita...don't know how I missed that before :o).

I kind of liked the punch too - I thought that saying it was for sleeping with his wife was just the easiest/most understandable excuse to use, since it's not too princely to say "because you're an annoying jerk I just can't stand to be around".

Does anyone know if the net season has been approved?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It had still aired. Therefore, no longer a spoiler in the US Pace thread.

Instead of expecting people to not discuss a show until you get round to watching it, it would make more sense for you to not enter the thread until you have.
  • BcUhTrTyEeRdCUPBcUhTrTyEeRdCUP Posts: 19,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved the last two episodes :)
    esp Hook he is really hot ;)
  • cuttlefishspikecuttlefishspike Posts: 5,761
    Forum Member
    I'm really surprised by the love for this episode. I've been a fan from the beginning but the last couple of eps have made me wobble slightly and this last one left me worrying that the ski-jumped shark is about to be unleashed.

Hated the whole Dr Whale thing - it was signposted so early and I really hoped that his identity wasn't going to be that predictable.
    Dr Whale - James Whale - Victor Frankenstein http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Whale

The black and white part had me cringing. Really bad pastiche.

Charming is getting more and more annoying and I'm still struggling with Emma adapting so easily to fairlyland.

Also the modern world characters are becoming increasingly implausible and too many plotholes starting to creep in. Before, this was forgivable because the storytelling was so strong. But now it all seems to be getting a bit silly.

I'll stick with it and hope that it improves because I have been 'hooked' on this show since it debuted, and many of the characters both old and new still do have a lot of potential.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just had another thought. There was a lot of speculation that Cora would be the Queen of Hearts, and it instantly entered my mind when we saw her heart vault.
    One of the upcoming episodes is called Queen of Hearts. Obviously it doesn't mean Cora is her, but it would be cool. Perhaps the Looking Glass sent her to Wonderland, and that's how she became the QoH.
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AndreaJx wrote: »
    I can't get enough of this show...I'm literally 'hooked' ( had to say that :p).

This show just keeps getting better and better and so many storylines that can be explored. I did like the introduction of a black/white "gothic" world. It will probably be the same home to the likes of Dracula, Dr. Jekyll, etc. and while they're not stereotypical "fairy tales," they are culturally-significant stories.

Is it just be or does anyone else want Hook to be Emma's new love interest? Loved this episode purely because of a good dose of Hook and Jefferson :o. And it was nice to see Daniel back ( I only realised that the actor plays Ryan in Nikita...don't know how I missed that before :o).

I kind of liked the punch too - I thought that saying it was for sleeping with his wife was just the easiest/most understandable excuse to use, since it's not too princely to say "because you're an annoying jerk I just can't stand to be around".

Does anyone know if the net season has been approved?

I think the two character have good sexual tension. We shall have to see how the next few episodes pan out. I still think Emma is all for August though.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So... Darth Vader for the season 3 villain? ;)
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    So... Darth Vader for the season 3 villain? ;)

I would die to see Darth Vader Vs Regina fight off. LOL :D

I heard next week Dumbledore comes to Storybrooke :D
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    I think the two character have good sexual tension. We shall have to see how the next few episodes pan out. I still think Emma is all for August though.

Not if the writers listen to the internet....
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    This was a nicely timed episode for Halloween.

I really don't mind seeing Dr Whale as Frankenstein and I thought it was nicely done in this episode.

Clearly he's trying to bring someone back to life as well.

I was a little bothered with Victor, Rumples and Jefferson all contributing to Regina's descent into evil by denying her Daniel. Pretty cruel of them.

Regina does seem to genuinely want to change though and I loved her scenes with David, the therapist, Daniel and Henry in this one too.

Nice stuff with Emma quickly realising who Hook was. I'm still not sold on this take of the character but the beanstalk stuff is really making me look forward to the next episode, 8/10.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just had another thought. There was a lot of speculation that Cora would be the Queen of Hearts, and it instantly entered my mind when we saw her heart vault.
    One of the upcoming episodes is called Queen of Hearts. Obviously it doesn't mean Cora is her, but it would be cool. Perhaps the Looking Glass sent her to Wonderland, and that's how she became the QoH.

I dont think that cora would be the queen of hearts because in the episode where we first met jefferson,regina entered that world to get her father back and i would think that the QoH would have said something to her daughter if that was the case