Was Denise robbed ?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
Forum Member
✭✭
She never stood a chance in the public vote. I think she was grateful to be in the last 3, ahead of Dani.

Overall, I think she was the best dancer in the final, with the highest total from the judges.

Comments

• Twinkle toes noTwinkle toes no Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She wasn't robbed. Public vote ruled ok?
  • mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Austin wuz robbed (copyright)
  • Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Louis was the best, but ofcourse it is entirely subjective. Denise ran him a close second (and although we will never know, I like to imagine she came second in the phone vote).
  • VideostarVideostar Posts: 14,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course, she was the best dancer, Louis was the 3rd best dancer really.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no. all three were amazing and deserving!!
  • Susan_A1951Susan_A1951 Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one was "robbed". They all danced. The public voted.
    That's the way it works.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    Definitely robbed :cry:, but the BBC got the winner they wanted.
    Well done Louis and Flavia.
  • Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She wasn't robbed.
    She didn't connect with people enough to make them vote.
  • nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petertard wrote: »
    She never stood a chance in the public vote. I think she was grateful to be in the last 3, ahead of Dani.

Overall, I think she was the best dancer in the final, with the highest total from the judges.

If, as I do, you believe that the best dancer should win then, yes, she was robbed.

But people vote for all sorts of reasons. As a lympian, Louis had it in the bag, even more so after he took his top off ;)
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In a word no.
  • cazzbarcazzbar Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No she wasn't robbed - she made the final three against all the odds.

Well done to her.

Congratulations to Louis and Flavia - worthy winners.
  • bobtherobbobtherob Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    She WAS the best dancer.
  • PinkyPigPinkyPig Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I don't think Denise or Kimberley should have been taking part, they might not be professional ballroom dancers, but their musical theatre experience gave them a totally unfair advantage, and therefore I can't say that either of them were robbed.
  • CamisCamis Posts: 13,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having previously been in the bottom two twice, I don't think she could claim to have been robbed.
  • Gullible PublicGullible Public Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one was robbed, the public voted and that's that.

I had Louis as the favourite from weeks ago, so no real surprise for me.
  • TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have never understood why Denise didn't have the popular vote - although that is relative as she did get to the Final. You don't get there if the public don't support you.

Tonight (for me) it was very close between Denise and Louis. Both of their showdances were miles better than either Kimblerley's or Dani's and their Charlestons were equally brilliant. I think Louis' was a bit cheekier and that gave him the advantage over Denise but it really was close.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The judges' total is irrelevant. I personally thought Kimberley was the best dancer in the final. Denise was 2nd best though.

Denise wasn't robbed though, she did very well to come (presumably) 3rd, and even better to go down in the records as joint 2nd!

All the negativity against her sadly distracted from what a fabulous dancer she was most of the time, but she definitely deserved her place in the final tonight AND her place in the final 3.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    No just reaped what she sowed, you can`t fool the public. Louis and Flavia worthy winners!
  • lougarrylougarry Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    I'm not convinced she was the best all-round dancer - her hip action in Latin always left something to be desired, even in last week's rumba. I don't think she improved as much as the other finalists.
  • FairynuffFairynuff Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    Ditto no! Public got the champion they wanted and I for one am delighted. The most entertaining dancers that engaged the public were worthy winners. Well done Lewis and Flavia. You were awesome :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not 'robbed' as it was a public vote with no input from the judges.

Should she have won - yes in my opinion (but then I vote with my head, not something three feet nearer the floor)
  • peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    bobtherob wrote: »
    She WAS the best dancer.

She was dull to watch and she had James as a partner.
  • roadieboysroadieboys Posts: 3,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope ... she was just unfortunate to have been paired with the most unpopular pro. His moaning was catching ... she was as bad in the end.
  • 19Nick6819Nick68 Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately like the X Factor and other programmes with the public vote, the performance tends to count nowhere as much as popularity.

I thought Denise was the best, but it's just the way it is.
  • walnut699walnut699 Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No she wasnt robbed.

But some other, non-professionally-trained-dancer celebrity was robbed of a spot on the show through Denise's inclusion.