Will The CW call it a day?

2»

Comments

• Wynne EvansWynne Evans Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silentNate wrote: »
    This thread is just laughable... They have Arrow which makes all your arguments invalid! :p

A poor Shadow/Batman wannabe.
  • JournalJournal Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as they keep showing Nikita they'll be in my good books. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Journal wrote: »

A bloody Men to that! While I get the impression that its their highest rated show, to me, it is their crowning jewel in my eyes.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope not they have some good shows on that Station.

The Vampire Diaries
    Gossip Girl
    The Secret Circle:(
  • Soaps Addict!!Soaps Addict!! Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Journal wrote: »

You know I watch quite a few shows on The CW but never watched Nikita as I never really thought it be a show I'd be interested in and I only just starting watching it recently after thinking I'll give it a go and surprisingly I really like it :)
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ooooo.... a TV series of The Shadow would be awesome! :p:D
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes and no on that one. Green Arrow worked very well on Smallville, and a series based on him, was always worth a try.
  • kwaku_agkwaku_ag Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    Wow! Arrow was watched by 4.14 million viewers on Wednesday and achieved an impressive 1.3/4 in the A18-49 demo, beating NBC's Animal Pratice.

Supernatural drew an audience of over 2.51 million viewers, increasing on the previous episode's viewership of 1.85 million.

It seems like The CW should start dropping teen dramas and start focusing on genre shows instead, as they seem to pull the highest amount of viewers as well as attract fairly dedicated fanbases.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    kwaku_ag wrote: »
    Wow! Arrow was watched by 4.14 million viewers on Wednesday and achieved an impressive 1.3/4 in the A18-49 demo, beating NBC's Animal Pratice.

Supernatural drew an audience of over 2.51 million viewers, increasing on the previous episode's viewership of 1.85 million.

It seems like The CW should start dropping teen dramas and start focusing on genre shows instead, as they seem to pull the highest amount of viewers as well as attract fairly dedicated fanbases.
    My understanding was that Arrow is a teen drama.....
    Forum Member
    kwaku_ag wrote: »
    Suburgatory would be PERFECT for The CW.

I think MTV's Awkward, CBS' 2 Broke Girls and FOX's New Girl are sitcoms that would fit perfectly on The CW's schedule.

New Girl is the kind of show that would only work with Zooey Deschanel, who whilst she isn't a big name, she's probably a bit out of CW league...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    I'm a big CW fan and love most of their shows but if you look at their current shows you can see it REALLY does need to work harder and get some better shows.

Gossip Girl - Last Season (thankfully, it really has dipped)
    Nikita - Been on the verge of cancellation since Season 1
    90210 - Quality is very low and will get 1 more year most likely.
    Top Model - Gone downhill fast. Been moved to Friday nights...uh oh.
    Supernatural - Most likely will get 2 more seasons.
    Vampire Diaries - One of the only things going for it now. Great show.

Then of course the new shows they have; Arrow, Beauty and The Best and Emily Owens MD are all pretty bad in all honesty. Arrow will most likely last the longest but the other 2 will probably get cancelled after Season 1/2.

The CW has a habit of dragging shows on until the quality dips so much. Take Gossip Girl for example...it was a great show and got so much hype and buzz around it but now the season premiere only got 700,000 approx viewers which is ridiculously bad.

I really think The CW tried to get into the sci-fi/supernatural genre but they failed pretty bad with these new shows. Also we have The Carrie Diaries coming up...does anyone actually think that'll work? Doubtful.

Like I said I love most of the shows on The CW but only because i've watched them for so long that I just feel a habit to watch them now. Most of the shows also need better writers...The CW needs to get its act together before ABC Family completely kills it.
    Forum Member
    I really think The CW tried to get into the sci-fi/supernatural genre but they failed pretty bad with these new shows. Also we have The Carrie Diaries coming up...does anyone actually think that'll work? Doubtful.

Like I said I love most of the shows on The CW but only because i've watched them for so long that I just feel a habit to watch them now. Most of the shows also need better writers...The CW needs to get its act together before ABC Family completely kills it.
    I thought the critics and public quite liked Arrow? And Supernatural is fairly constant for them...

And I thought The Carrie Diaries, was something that had a bit of underground buzz about it, but then that could be desperate SATC fans...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    I thought the critics and public quite liked Arrow? And Supernatural is fairly constant for them...

And I thought The Carrie Diaries, was something that had a bit of underground buzz about it, but then that could be desperate SATC fans...

Yeah however I think Arrow will go down The Secret Circle route...start strong and sadly fade.

The Carrie Diaries is such a mess to be honest and most of the buzz has been negative. I don't think people really want to see an iconic show like SaTC get turned into another CW teen drama
    Forum Member
    Yeah however I think Arrow will go down The Secret Circle route...start strong and sadly fade.

The Carrie Diaries is such a mess to be honest and most of the buzz has been negative. I don't think people really want to see an iconic show like SaTC get turned into another CW teen drama

I've head a bit of positive chatter, but I doubt the Carrie Diaries will be well received by SaTC fans...
  • tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member
    I've read in some places that The Carrie Diaries has the "WB" feel and that barring this show and Arrow, they are the only renewal worthy shows for the CW this season.