Options

Ricky cannot win now - even if found entirely innocent.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We all know it.

who's the royal we??
  • Options
    drbolognaisedrbolognaise Posts: 2,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fatima502 wrote: »
    On the other hand I can't help feeling that this might be the "real" side of Ricky were're not seeing on SCD

That is nothing but conjecture based on the fact you dont like him.

I knew the vultures would come out for him as soon as I heard the news.

For that last time, INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.

If it is proven he has commited a crime, fair enough. But until then, he is innocent in my eyes and in the eyes of the law.
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    who's the royal we??

Okay, I apologise and retract the 'we' - I misjudged it, refer to my previous post, it seems like people can't fart in public nowadays without a police caution for breach of the peace and people calling bloody OFCOM! Quite surprised at the reaction on here. Was expecting people calling for his head!
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is nothing but conjecture based on the fact you dont like him.

I knew the vultures would come out for him as soon as I heard the news.

For that last time, INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.

If it is proven he has commited a crime, fair enough. But until then, he is innocent in my eyes and in the eyes of the law.

Hm, would be saying this if you were not a supporter of his I wonder? Works both ways.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hm, would be saying this if you were not a supporter of his I wonder? Works both ways.

No it doesnt, I would just be the same if it was involving my least fave celeb (Natalie C). You see, Im fair minded and logical unlike a lot of people on here today who should be ashamed of themselves.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    Okay, I apologise and retract the 'we' - I misjudged it, refer to my previous post, it seems like people can't fart in public nowadays without a police caution for breach of the peace and people calling bloody OFCOM! Quite surprised at the reaction on here. Was expecting people calling for his head!

Why would a sensible person call for his head? We have no idea what's really happened and thankfully most rationally minded people will reserve judgement until the full facts are known.

Not a Ricky fan really, but I am a fan of the premises of british law......and I'm sure we all know what that is! :D
  • Options
    Three Left FeetThree Left Feet Posts: 738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TrevvyTrev,

Innocent until proven guilty is a findamental principle of the law in this country, not a subjective opinion of the Good Doctor Bol.
  • Options
    Three Left FeetThree Left Feet Posts: 738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...I'm fair minded and logical...

Well what are you doing here then? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TrevvyTrev,

Innocent until proven guilty is a findamental principle of the law in this country, not a subjective opinion of the Good Doctor Bol.

Thankyou TLF :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well what are you doing here then? :)

Someone's got to be sensible, even on a forum.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The photographer he's alleged to have bumped into previously brought similar charges against Paul Gascoigne - charges he later dropped. He's obviously out to get a story out of this. What was he doing standing in front of the car, anyway?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the other hand I can't help feeling that this might be the "real" side of Ricky we're not seeing on SCD. Hope I'm wrong.

I'm sorry but I think this is completely wrong. I have never read anything about Ricky in the papers before Strictly. As far as I am aware he is a Hollyoaks actor, was in a long term relationship with a colleague and modelled a bit. I've never heard about him involved in fights, controversy...I think if this was the 'real' side of Ricky we would have heard about it by now.

Robbie Williams driver ran over a pap after his X factor performance - they don't care about their safety as long as they get a pic and it seems from what I've read this guy was trying to get a pic of Ricky's ex in his car which he would then sell on.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to admit this story has the opposite effect on me - more likely to give him a vote now. Hope he can still dance and the show goes ahead- otherwise they might put on MOTD early - nooooh!!
  • Options
    Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one on here knows what really happened last night and we will all have to wait and see. I really hope he can still dance, though. It would be a real shame for him, Natalie and his fans if he can't.
  • Options
    cattcatt Posts: 1,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We all know it.
    careful. youll have fact police on your back.

ive just had to write 100 lines myself in my unfair thread..

you need to justify your statements!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Foxie3 wrote: »
    The photographer he's alleged to have bumped into previously brought similar charges against Paul Gascoigne - charges he later dropped. He's obviously out to get a story out of this. What was he doing standing in front of the car, anyway?

Like I say, all the facts are so far unclear. Who knows what really happened in the early hours in Liverpool, not us anyway!

I would never wish an assault on anyone (if that's what's happened) but surely it is an occupational hazard for paps!
  • Options
    XassyXassy Posts: 9,365
    Forum Member
    If he's proven innocent, I think it may affect his fan support because people are fickle like that.
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite surprised at the reaction on here. Was expecting people calling for his head!

For knocking down a pap who has made a habit in the past of leaping in front of celebs and claiming that he was attacked? Now he is a great dancer, single, a little bit dangerous but only towards scum and has worked through injury without breaking down in tears. He da man. ;)
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    On the other hand I can't help feeling that this might be the "real" side of Ricky we're not seeing on SCD. Hope I'm wrong.

What a funny thing to say unless he`s been in trouble before :confused:
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think these sorts of stories have the opposite effect.

Viewers tend to rush to the defence of the celebrity.

The same thing happened with Anton when he was involved in a controversy earlier in the series. The incident seemed to fortify support for him.
  • Options
    claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If he'd run over a kitten maybe.

But since it's a pap who are only slightly above herpes on the likeability scale...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I for one don't believe that the police would arrest him and hold him unless they had some sort of reason. Pap or not violence is never the answer surely?:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gibletjohn wrote: »
    I for one don't believe that the police would arrest him and hold him unless they had some sort of reason. Pap or not violence is never the answer surely?:confused:

It's not the answer, you're right of course. But we don't know if Ricky was violent. It could have all been an unfortunate accident. Who knows????

If someone has made an allegation then surely the police have an obligation to investigate. The police do not determine a person's guilt or innocence, they are there to investigate.

Last I heard it was up to the courts to decide.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to local press, Ricky went in and reported this incident himself. He wasnt arrested on the scene and the Merseyside Police are saying he is helping them with their enquiries.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not the answer, you're right of course. But we don't know if Ricky was violent. It could have all been an unfortunate accident. Who knows????

If someone has made an allegation then surely the police have an obligation to investigate. The police do not determine a person's guilt or innocence, they are there to investigate.

Last I heard it was up to the courts to decide.

I agree, I'm just trying to say if it was completely baseless the Police would never have arrested him. Lets see how it unfolds.....And as for winnig...He's too bandy (and pidgeon toed) for my liking....I'm banking on Ali!:D