Aliona's second rate choreography will stop Matt winning

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    parthena wrote: »
    Sorry Susan, I gave the wrong impression - I don't dislike her at all (nor do I dislike Natalie, who I've never seen do or say a nasty thing and she loves her doggy ;) ), but Aliona's hair and body colours are so unnatural and intrusive and detract from her performance and that of her partner. I can't understand why she doesn't tone herself down - or are the "producers" reponsible for it, like the costumers were responsible for Kara's fall last week :mad: ?

parthena

It's the producers. For her hair colour, at least.

A few days before her first appearance on Strictly, Aliona wrote on her FaceBook that someone at Strictly - she didn't specify who - told they had "too many blondes" and asked if she wouldn't mind changing her hair colour to red.

She posted photos of the new colour and asked everyone what they thought. Everyone said they liked it, of course. I don't know too many people who would tell a friend "Arggghh, NO!!" especially since she was nervous and excited about the show and didn't appear to have any choice. It was lighter and much more subtle than her current Cartoon Red.

Blonde wasn't her natural colour either, but I thought she was stunning as a blonde and wish they hadn't asked her to change it. I don't know who is responsible for the unnatural body colour.

One change I did notice in her body was her chest enhancement since she moved to the UK. I remembered her being much more flat-chested, like here and here.

Her body looks better now, even if her hair doesn't. :D
  • StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But her hair colour isn't red :eek::eek: it's My Little Pony pink.

She would look even more beautiful if she toned down the fake tan and dyed her hair a lovely auburn. Now that would look wonderful.

Pink...no :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    I like Aliona a lot - I find her pretty, a great dancer, and I like her choreography. I do like the cartoon red hair.
    But this weekend, the hair colour, the deep orange tan and the pink and turquoise of the dress and flowers in the hair clashed horribly. She did look terrible, and the colour clash was distracting.
    Compared to the photoshoot she did with Matt (the one with the "Darcy" theme, where she looked great, it was quite a shock.
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the colour. It actually looks better after a few days wash but on saturdays it is far to red for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frankly, she could shave her head and she'd look good to me.
  • parthenaparthena Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

One change I did notice in her body was her chest enhancement since she moved to the UK. I remembered her being much more flat-chested, like here and here

I nearly missed your post, thank you Dancefan.

How much nicer Aliona looks with her pre-Strictly hair :cry:

On Saturday, apart from the hair and body colours, did ya see the shiny turquoise eyes :eek:

Anyone have a link to her Facebook page? I will look for myself of course...

parthena
  • taniawolktaniawolk Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    She looked terrible at the weekend. The hair colour and dress colour clashed so much but then her hair clashes with nearly everything. Why cant she see how tarty and tacky she looks. No class whatsoever.
  • gorlagongorlagon Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Aliona's hair, but I don't rate her choreography.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

On Saturday, apart from the hair and body colours, did ya see the shiny turquoise eyes :eek:

parthena

I don't think you can see her FaceBook any more. She invited me to be friends on FaceBook after she was on the DWTS tour and we corresponded about that, and that's how I saw the posts/photos I mentioned, as well as many, many photos she posted of her and Artem and the other dancers and trips and lots of things. I found her delightful and accessible. Really a sweet girl, very unassuming. She even offered to send me the video DWTS shot of her during the tours, which must have been of superb quality. But I didn't want to get her in trouble for doing that. I told her we had lots of tour video already, taken by me and many others.

But I got busy and stopped corresponding with her, and about six months later I looked and discovered she deleted just about everyone but dancer friends. I think it's because she got so many fans on Strictly that she made (or someone did) a fan FaceBook page for everyone but her close friends.

I did not notice her turquoise eyes! Her eyes are dark brown. But I'm glad some like the red or Pink Pony hair she has now. As much as I hated it at first, I'm getting used to it and am even able to sort of appreciate it now. :)

Did you all read her bio? She had such an unhappy childhood, in such poverty, that you really feel for her. The makeup artists on the DWTS tour all loved her and predicted she would be a star someday. I wish her all success.
  • teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The makeup artists on the DWTS tour all loved her and predicted she would be a star someday. I wish her all success.

She certainly is a star:)

She seems to draw more comment, even if a lot of it is criticism, than any other pro.

People obviously think she is worth taking time to comment about.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    taniawolk wrote: »
    She looked terrible at the weekend. The hair colour and dress colour clashed so much but then her hair clashes with nearly everything. Why cant she see how tarty and tacky she looks. No class whatsoever.

what a bitchy un-necessary post!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

parthena

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/alionavilani
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There really is a whole lot of bitchiness on this thread. I'm not a particular fan of Matt or Aliona but does it really have to be so personal?

Also, I happen to like her hair colour. Very striking and certainly nicer and classier than the 40 million bottle blondes you see everywhere in this country.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info and links, girlz.

parthena :)
  • Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    Oh for godsakes, stop it.:mad: All of this hatred towards Aliona has got to boiling point, I actually enjoy watching their dances and at least their choreography is unusual and original. Please can we give her some slack.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olivej wrote: »

That's the Fan page I told you about. I don't see any way it would have the things she has (and had) on her personal Facebook page.

At one time I saved many of the photos she posted, really fascinating behind-the-scenes tour stuff, home with friends, skiing trips, but had to free up space so deleted them.

I can understand why she included the ending move in her and Matt's foxtrot. She did that move with Derek Hough during the DWTS tour, and it was a huge hit with the fans. It was in the Jive, though, which was probably a better choice for that move. It's at the 1:52 mark here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAKU4e0JOzI
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's the Fan page I told you about. I don't see any way it would have the things she has (and had) on her personal Facebook page.

At one time I saved many of the photos she posted, really fascinating behind-the-scenes tour stuff, home with friends, skiing trips, but had to free up space so deleted them.

I can understand why she included the ending move in her and Matt's foxtrot. She did that move with Derek Hough during the DWTS tour, and it was a huge hit with the fans. It was in the Jive, though, which was probably a better choice for that move. It's at the 1:52 mark here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAKU4e0JOzI

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=1556761930

there is that one too
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olivej wrote: »

That's her personal Facebook, the one she invited me to be a friend on. She edited it way down to just her closest friends. I don't even see Leonid Proskurov's name now. And he was a very close friend for quite a while.
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Starpuss wrote: »
    I am a woman and I hate her hair. She is so beautiful and but the hair is just horrible. Someone said it is the same colour as some of the My Little Ponys and since then that's all I can think of when I see her. It really distracts me and not in a good way.

I fully agree. I bet she is a beautiful girl with her natural hair, that stupid coloring just distracts, and I can't take her seriously as a pro dancer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paace wrote: »
    that stupid coloring just distracts

That's the big problem for me. She is so glaringly vivid compared to Matt, it looks as though he's heaving around a Barbie doll (albeit with red hair instead of blonde).

parthena
    Forum Member
    Paace wrote: »
    I fully agree. I bet she is a beautiful girl with her natural hair, that stupid coloring just distracts, and I can't take her seriously as a pro dancer.

You could the way she dances in pro dances mate.:D
  • bobajotbobajot Posts: 1,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aliona is gorgeous I look forward to seeing her dance.
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aliona is beautiful - wish she'd been partnered with someone with a tad more charisma about them.

But hey - s'only her second year - along with Natalie and Katya.

Her choreography lacks a bit of light and shade for me. S'all a bit frantic.
    Forum Member
    bobajot wrote: »
    Aliona is gorgeous I look forward to seeing her dance.

Thats what I care about mate, not about her faffing of which dosen't bother me of the slightest, but her commitement to teaching Matt.:D Would love it if the hate was dropped however.
  • genieinabottlegenieinabottle Posts: 1,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her hair is disgusting. How cant she see how cheap it looks