Options

World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XVIII (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    AJ WheelsAJ Wheels Posts: 2,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sergio2006 wrote: »
    Well, I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so.

Whedon if I say I'm 100% sure it means I will not be wrong!

Lol sergio. You predicted the one winner out of TWO people. Its not as cool as you think it may be :D
  • Options
    sergio2006sergio2006 Posts: 3,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AJ Wheels wrote: »
    Lol sergio. You predicted the one winner out of TWO people. Its not as cool as you think it may be :D

I said it was 100% 2 weeks ago. He said Iv been wrong before. Not true.
  • Options
    Harris_07Harris_07 Posts: 27,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone catch the finale of Total Divas? Eva Marie's dad made me laugh so much! And well done to Daniel Bryan (at least the Total Divas version of him), very romantic!
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    It's amazing people are complaining about a clean ending in a match which should have a clean ending. Orton beat cena fair. There is no come back on that. If ever a match needs a clean finish it was this on, It was a unification match, The heel now looks strong as he beat 'the man' After the screwy finishes at the last few ppv's we needed that
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Also knowing how they love to screw with the internet. Do we now think divas title change on raw seeing as it didn't happen last night.....Or will they let it go?
  • Options
    JaiJaiJaiJai Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    It's amazing people are complaining about a clean ending in a match which should have a clean ending. Orton beat cena fair. There is no come back on that. If ever a match needs a clean finish it was this on, It was a unification match, The heel now looks strong as he beat 'the man' After the screwy finishes at the last few ppv's we needed that

I think the complaints are down to the fact that it's the boring go nowhere Orton that's the chamption. Fans already fed up of him.

Also it seems that RAW is now the place where noteable things happen not the pay per veiws sadly.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so.

Whedon if I say I'm 100% sure it means I will not be wrong!

you have been wrong in the past though. cant remember exact prediction now, ill keep an eye out for next time.

i have no issue with you, just a gripe of mine when people have been wrong and ignore it for the next time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How is it a clean finish when he handcuffs the guy to ropes and then uses ropes to pull him off the ladder. I know it's no Dq but it's not exactly a clean finish
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How is it a clean finish when he handcuffs the guy to ropes and then uses ropes to pull him off the ladder. I know it's no Dq but it's not exactly a clean finish

Because its a stip TLC match, where both men, Cena very much so used weapons, tables, chairs and ladders to win the match. It was 100% clean.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

of course it is a clean finish, he won within the rules of a TLC match
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would they have Cena win a match like this in that fashion. Absolutely not. I know he taped Batista up but that had no where near the significance of this match.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neither Stephanie or Trip have the final say regarding creative. Vince has taken creative back under his control because (apparently) he wasn't happy with the way things were going.

I'm sure they are both involved in creative but Steph is no longer EVP, Creative. So your issue should be with Vince rather than those two.

As for Cena getting a win over Orton, either finish would have had people unhappy with the winner

Cena shouldnt be jobbing cleanly to Orton. Cena going over wouldnt be a problem because he can cleanly beat him many times.

Then you wonder why people dont buy the PPVs when they pull shit like this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cena shouldnt be jobbing cleanly to Orton. Cena going over wouldnt be a problem because he can cleanly beat him many times.

Cena winning would have been pointless. Orton was the obvious winner all along.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    of course it is a clean finish, he won within the rules of a TLC match

So what its possible to have a non clean finish have Hunter pedigree Cena and holding him down and that wouldnt be clean.

Everything these days has to be about Randy Boreton these days. I never liked him in 2003 and still dont now. But as usual WWE rewards him like always even after his suspension.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what its possible to have a non clean finish have Hunter pedigree Cena and holding him down and that wouldnt be clean.

Everything these days has to be about Randy Boreton these days. I never liked him in 2003 and still dont now. But as usual WWE rewards him like always even after his suspension.

if they did that orton wouldnt be a worthy champ as he is right now

they have managed to make the WWE World Heavyweight Champion credible from day 1 of new era, its a good move.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Better finish would have been both men out cold, and someone coming in and stealing the titles, spend the rest of the next few weeks trying to figure out who it is, only to reveal Shawn Micheals. RR (DB) winner gets the shot to take them back at mania, with DB winning.
  • Options
    ICT User 77ICT User 77 Posts: 11,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just some more thoughts on the show:

- Dolph Ziggler has gone from being a World Champion to a guy who gets beat on the Kickoff. Why have WWE lost interest on someone so talented? It's such a shame to see Ziggler slide down the ladder like this as he's been such a great worker within WWE.

- It's a matter of WHEN the Shield will break up now and it should be pretty soon. Ambrose and Reigns have been going at each other for a couple of weeks now and that spear will only accelerate the process. Whilst it will be a shame to see The Shield split as they are a good faction it will be interesting to see if Rollins, Reigns and Ambrose all find singles success.

Good win for Punk also. Tip him to be a Royal Rumble winner.

- AJ retains the Divas Title, but for how long?

Think everyone was expecting her to lose the title following the Tribute to the Troops stuff but it appears WWE may have pulled a swerve and kept the title on AJ but she could very easily lose the title in the near future. WWE always remembers things like this.

AJ has been a great champion and will hopefully continue to be. There's only so many Divas on the main roster that can put on a good match and AJ is one of them. It would be nice to see some of the NXT women make the jump to the main roster next year.

-Big E retained the IC Title. Not much to say here apart from hopefully with there being one World Champion both the IC and US titles are used more effectively.

-Great Four Way tag match for the Tag Titles. Some great wrestling action between Cody and Rey near the end of the match and good to see CodyDust retain the titles as they have been great champions. As Panda mentioned last night though a Cody/Goldust feud would be interesting and could see this happen as a match at Wrestlemania.

- Brodus is finally turning heel. Should be a more interesting character than the Funkasaurus.

-Kofi finally beat the Miz. This feud should now be completed and both can move on to other things.

- Is the Wyatt/Bryan feud over now? I asked this last night as it appeared that after the Wyatts had pinned Bryan that they were content with the victory and that was it.

This would be the second feud that Bryan has had recently where he didn't get the last word. Randy Orton beat him for the WWE Title and thus Bryan did not successfully overcome the Authority and now it seems the Wyatts have beaten him in their feud.

I expect to see Bryan face the Wyatts on subsequent Raws/Smackdowns to get victories back. Surely he at least has to pin Bray Wyatt to get some revenge on him otherwise it just makes Daniel look weak in his feuds.

Still tipping Daniel Bryan as another potential Rumble winner though.

- And of course the historic main event.

Although it was a surprise, it was good to see Orton win clean as before the event he was being booked as someone who had no chance of winning the match and was dependent on the Authority. Winning the match clean does at least show he didn't need anyone's help to beat Cena and become the WWE Champion.

Obviously these two will meet again at some point for the title. This should really be at Royal Rumble as this would allow someone other than Cena or Orton to win the Royal Rumble match and earn a World Title shot at Wrestlemania.

Have to say the TLC match was good though. Very entertaining as was the whole show.

Anticipating Raw tonight to see what happens following the PPV.
  • Options
    JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    I really wish Vince would start backing his own stars instead of some Z lister who can get the company about 2.34537 seconds of publicity.

It's always comical reading over these threads the next day with people wanting to get in quick and act like they know what's going to happen :D

AJ/Natalya MOTN for me. Mostly a decent to good show, nothing bad, nothing overly great.

I said months back that Bryan would get his moment at Wrestlemania and win the title. Everything continues to be completely set for that to happen based on that finish, we'll see though. It's booking 101, was tonnes of people here disagreeing. We'll see what happens at the Rumble.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JMTD wrote: »
    It's always comical reading over these threads the next day with people wanting to get in quick and act like they know what's going to happen :D

AJ/Natalya MOTN for me. Mostly a decent to good show, nothing bad, nothing overly great.

I said months back that Bryan would get his moment at Wrestlemania and win the title. Everything continues to be completely set for that to happen based on that finish, we'll see though. It's booking 101, was tonnes of people here disagreeing. We'll see what happens at the Rumble.

Well lets face it history and Vince's wrath was on our side regarding the prediction of the outcome. It's happened a million times over and the general thought it will happen again. Thankfully it hasnt and AJ one of the very few credible Diva's champion contenders keeps her crown.
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The amount of times the announcers mentioned the historic nature of the main event during the show was annoying, but overall it was a good show (certainly better than the last free PPV we had on Sky back in October).

The Rumble PPV will be very interesting. With just one champion, hopefully that will keep us guessing as to who will face the champion at Wrestlemania. Ideally, I'd like it to be Daniel Bryan winning the Rumble and going on to face Orton at Wrestlemania to get his revenge on the authority.

Cena is the most sensible choice to face the Undertaker as he is the only member of the active roster who poses a legitimate threat to the streak. Brock Lesnar could face Undertaker instead if Cena wins the rumble and faces Orton for the title.

Here's how the main matches at Wrestlemania could go.

If Daniel Bryan wins the Rumble

WWE World Heavyweight Title - Randy Orton v Daniel Bryan

John Cena v The Undertaker

HHH (or Brock Lesnar) v CM Punk

If John Cena wins the Rumble

WWE World Heavyweight Title - Randy Orton v John Cena

Brock Lesnar v The Undertaker

HHH v Daniel Bryan
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    The amount of times the announcers mentioned the historic nature of the main event during the show was annoying, but overall it was a good show (certainly better than the last free PPV we had on Sky back in October).

The Rumble PPV will be very interesting. With just one champion, hopefully that will keep us guessing as to who will face the champion at Wrestlemania. Ideally, I'd like it to be Daniel Bryan winning the Rumble and going on to face Orton at Wrestlemania to get his revenge on the authority.

Cena is the most sensible choice to face the Undertaker as he is the only member of the active roster who poses a legitimate threat to the streak. Brock Lesnar could face Undertaker instead if Cena wins the rumble and faces Orton for the title.

Here's how the main matches at Wrestlemania could go.

If Daniel Bryan wins the Rumble

WWE World Heavyweight Title - Randy Orton v Daniel Bryan

John Cena v The Undertaker

HHH (or Brock Lesnar) v CM Punk

If John Cena wins the Rumble

WWE World Heavyweight Title - Randy Orton v John Cena

Brock Lesnar v The Undertaker

HHH v Daniel Bryan

Only match I think is set in stone is CM Punk challenges Randy Orton for WWE World Title.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,990
    Forum Member

Orton needed the win more than Cena. Cena doesn't need to win a thing because he still gets a reaction from the crowd.

Cena didn't job to Orton either, Orton simply went over him, as he should. Both looked strong throughout the match
  • Options
    PandaPawPawPandaPawPaw Posts: 7,340
    Forum Member
    Harris_07 wrote: »
    Did anyone catch the finale of Total Divas? Eva Marie's dad made me laugh so much! And well done to Daniel Bryan (at least the Total Divas version of him), very romantic!

Eve's whole family were odd but at least her dad is a better actor than Miz's dad. :D

I think Brie is going to be way more happy than Nikki who clearly is all about how she looks and stuff and I can't see her and John lasting.

I would of found the proposal bit romantic if there cameras weren't there. :p

The Natalya bits were cringe worthy and she really is bad at acting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eve's whole family were odd but at least her dad is a better actor than Miz's dad. :D

I think Brie is going to be way more happy than Nikki who clearly is all about how she looks and stuff and I can't see her and John lasting.

I haven!t caught Total Divas in a couple of weeks but Natalya is the cringiest of all the girls. The acting, her moaning, bitching, her facials. Facials. Natalyas Facials! >:(
  • Options
    Harris_07Harris_07 Posts: 27,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

*would have.

I agree with all your points. The Nattie stuff could've been left out completely.

It's now a bit more obvious that it's all scripted compared to when it first started, but I still enjoy watching it. :)
This discussion has been closed.