how come Melissa is doing the final task but Laura and Sandeesh aren't?

Tfan26Tfan26 Posts: 6,829
Forum Member
surely it should be one of them in Melissa's place? whats Shibby doing there aswell?

Comments

• trollfacetrollface Posts: 13,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gutted Laura won't be back. Partly because she's so very, very pretty, but also partly to see whether Chris would have had her as his first pick.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    I don't know how they pick them, but I'd rather be a person short than have Melissa in my team. Perhaps they ask for volunteers to start with and then, if there are too many, draw lots.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It may be that some contestants aren't interested in coming back. Or they may weed them down to get the right numbers.

Personally I think the finalists should be able to choose from all the willing fired contestants, even though that means not everyone will get picked.
  • Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the production team pick from those available I can see why Melissa would get picked as she will provide some humour.

For the most part, apart from Laura throwing occasional strops, Laura and Sandeesh tended to get on with what they were doing without making too much fuss.

Where's the fun in that?

They've also asked Alex back, who wasn't as good as either Laura or Sandeesh, but who also provided quite a lot of unintentional humour.
  • essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,207
    Forum Member
    I'm gutted Laura isnt in it too
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do they bother with the final task? it's just a fraud the outcome is irrelevant,
  • E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    And where's her different coloured hair gone to????:eek:
  • JepsonJepson Posts: 3,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    E05297535 wrote: »
    And where's her different coloured hair gone to????:eek:

Yes, I was hoping she'd have her hair brown as she looks a hundred times better that with the whitr.

However the final task is recorded immediately after the rest of the series whereas the YF programme where we saw the brown hair recorded just before it was shown - i.e. some months later.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess they pick the candidates most likely to put on a good show, and a mix of some good and some bad. Laura and Sandeesh were both reasonably good contestants, who didn't cause a great deal of drama, so probably weren't high on the priority list, whereas Melissa was both useless and annoying. :p
  • funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,348
    Forum Member
    My question is... this series is supposed to have been filmed a year ago and by Melissa's hair change, even the final was filmed that long ago.

So have Stella and Chris been work for LS all this time?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe some of them choose not to do it? surely once they have been fired they don't have to return for the final if they don't want to. Stuart for example, would he really want to go back after the way he was fired? i know i wouldn't
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    Maybe some of them choose not to do it? surely once they have been fired they don't have to return for the final if they don't want to. Stuart for example, would he really want to go back after the way he was fired? i know i wouldn't

As the contracts the candidates sign pretty much 'own them' I'd have thought that it states that they must be available for the final if required. As the final is filmed only days after the interviews, I'd agree, Stuart probably didn't want to go back.
    But Sugar's attitude to him might be felt to distract from the storyline they want for the final.

If the finalists quietly pick who they'd like to come back to help, neither Stella or even Chris might want him. For reasons of personality clashes mostly. As for Melissa, the clash was mainly with Jamie.
    Forum Member
    Tercet2 wrote: »
    As the contracts the candidates sign pretty much 'own them' I'd have thought that it states that they must be available for the final if required. As the final is filmed only days after the interviews, I'd agree, Stuart probably didn't want to go back.
    But Sugar's attitude to him might be felt to distract from the storyline they want for the final.

If the finalists quietly pick who they'd like to come back to help, neither Stella or even Chris might want him. For reasons of personality clashes mostly. As for Melissa, the clash was mainly with Jamie.
    I thought Melissa and Joanna clashed as well
  • Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Laura should have been there.:( But melissa should be amusing to see if she can redeem herself.:p
    Forum Member
    Yobaba** wrote: »
    I think Laura should have been there.:( But melissa should be amusing to see if she can redeem herself.:p

Yep sad to think her YF appearance was her TV farewell :(
  • ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laura was mega-whiny even when she stood a chance at winning the competition. I'm glad she's not back.
    I think Sandeesh should've been there instead of Melissa.
    Forum Member
    Hope Melissa is more humble this time...
  • Evil GeniusEvil Genius Posts: 8,837
    Forum Member
    Don't you mean humblified?
  • shortyknickersshortyknickers Posts: 2,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused: I thought Melissa's brown hair was a wig?