Favourite 'Frasier' Moment

johnnybgoode83johnnybgoode83 Posts: 8,908
Forum Member
I have just finished watching Frasier on Netflix and I was wondering what are your favourite moments from the show?

Mine would be when Martin gets high from the pot brownie and Niles eats a normal brownie and thinks he is high. That was pure comedy gold.

Comments

• StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    When the hot and foamy explodes on Niles and Niles Valentine's day sequence.

I love Martin getting high too, that was the funniest bit of the last season.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Martin's laugh from the kitchen when he is told that Frasier is unwittingly on a date with his co-worker.

And, for pure silliness; 'The Cranes from Maine have got your Living Brain!'.
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the episode "Give Him the Chair!" Martin's reaction to the new chair - then Daphne's reaction when they decide not to keep it.
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are so many of them. Spelling Bee one, especially where Niles says to his nephew "can you take him?", nephew: "yes", Niles "well spell HIS ASS OFF". :D:D
    When the hot and foamy explodes on Niles and Niles Valentine's day sequence.

I love Martin getting high too, that was the funniest bit of the last season.
    BIB - have you seen the outtake for that one? It's even funnier!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    I always loved "Ham Radio".

"Look out! He's got a nug!"
  • StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    myss wrote: »
    There are so many of them. Spelling Bee one, especially where Niles says to his nephew "can you take him?", nephew: "yes", Niles "well spell HIS ASS OFF". :D:D
    BIB - have you seen the outtake for that one? It's even funnier!!

Yup, I think thats why I like it so much.

Another one that always makes me laugh, no matter how many times I see it, is Niles' round house kick - poor Daphne. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    I thought the episode where Niles has the bird on his head was really funny. Maybe that was just me though lol.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,383
    Forum Member
    Any episode involving Fraiser's agent Bebe
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don’t forget about Eddie and Bob "Bulldog" Briscoe.
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,405
    Forum Member
    Roz and the Schnozz

End of.

Apparantly the actors playing the parents of Roz's baby's father had rehearsed without makeup, then only had the noses put on for the taping, so the reactions from the cast were genuine.
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Wholeheartedly agree..... for a secondary character who did not even appear that often, Bebe was second to none !!!! Her withering put downs were sheer brilliance.

As for all the rest..... where do you begin..... the best ever sitcom produced bar none !! I have the boxset literally worn out and it never ever gets stale.

A few of my favourites -

Sherry Dempsey to Niles: Oh now Niles....my mamma always said the only way to get over someone is to get under someone.
    Niles: I never knew Mai West had children !

Frasier: Remember when you thought the 1812 Overture was a great piece of classical music.
    Niles: Was I ever that young?

Niles: Her lips said no, but her eyes said read my lips.

Niles and Frasier are talking to one of the selection committee from THE CLUB

Frasier: "This is my brother, Dr Niles Crane - the eminent psychiatrist."
    Niles: "My brother is too kind - he was already eminent while my eminence was merely imminent."

Could go on forever...... just marvellous.

One stand out moment for me where a look reduced me to hysterics was in THE CANDIDATE.

Frasier has agreed to do a promo video supporting a political candidate in a local election. He is filming it at his apartment and has rehearsed his piece. Before they film it for real, he takes the candidate Phil Patterson out onto his balcony for a quick chat, Its here Phil reveals to Frasier that he has in the past been abducted by aliens and beamed up to the mother ship.

The very slow turn of Frasier's head in Phil's direction as sheer disbelief and horror overwhelms him is sheer brilliance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always loved "Ham Radio".

"Look out! He's got a nug!"

:D

'Could the McCallister sisters stand back to back? I'm short on bullets!'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Niles centric episode "Flour child" is my all time favourite.

Plus the one where they all go to a cabin and are trying to sneak into each others bedroom and finding the wrong person.

The Kelsey Grammar directed "Moon Dance" is another favourite.

The best sitcom of all time. Won't be beaten.
  • ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm beginning to doubt this scene ever happened, cause I can never find clips and have never seen it since. But I'm sure there's one clip where Frasier is getting himself all worked up at a fancy dress party or nativity play or something, then he turns round, a man dressed as Jesus startles him and Frasier just shouts out "Jesus" haha.

Someone please tell me that happened lol
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm beginning to doubt this scene ever happened, cause I can never find clips and have never seen it since. But I'm sure there's one clip where Frasier is getting himself all worked up at a fancy dress party or nativity play or something, then he turns round, a man dressed as Jesus startles him and Frasier just shouts out "Jesus" haha.

Someone please tell me that happened lol

Was that Merry Christmas Mrs Moscowitz (sp ??) when they were trying to hide from Fay's mother that Frasier and his family were not jewish. Niles was helping out in a nativity play and was dressed as Jesus in the apartment and trying to keep out of sight in case she saw him.
    Forum Member
    conchie wrote: »
    Was that Merry Christmas Mrs Moscowitz (sp ??) when they were trying to hide from Fay's mother that Frasier and his family were not jewish. Niles was helping out in a nativity play and was dressed as Jesus in the apartment and trying to keep out of sight in case she saw him.

Here it is: http://youtu.be/vIx2-Ql7A44?t=14m40s
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the scene where Frasier goes into the gay bar looking for Ros' boyfriend and Niles follows him in.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member

Bebe is brilliant:
    Roz : On making Bebe her agent. "Well it's not like she worships the devil.
    Frasier: She does'nt have to. He worships her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The line that always made me laugh the most was when Frasier angered his new boss, so his show was moved a graveyard slot and he was trying to sleep during the day. Niles had recently bought a gun and accidentally shot it off in the living room, Frasier was trying to sleep and runs out to see what happened. Niles passes it off as an innocuous occurrence and tells Frasier there's no need to be snippy, then Frasier yells "Oh I'm sorry was I snippy? I didn't realise that it was too much to ask that there not be GUNPLAY IN MY LIVINGROOM!". The line by itself isn't so funny, but Kelsey Grammer's delivery was wonderful. I also like his complaint about Eddy being fitted with a "megaphone".

Keeping with the trend, I also enjoyed another Frasier rant in a season two episode. Niles and Frasier accidentally scuff the floor the day of another one of their soirées. They get a guy in to fix the floor but soon the problems keep on coming. After cutting himself shaving, Frasier says "I cut myself because I was shaving with no water, and why was there no water? Because I had to move your chair, which gouged the floor, which made me call for Joe, who found bad pipes, which called for Cecil, who ate the cat, who killed the rat, that lived in the house that Frasier built!". Again another line that might not be too funny on its own but was pushed over the edge of Kelsey's delivery.
    Forum Member
    Also: "I AM WOOOUUUUNDED"
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    Roz and the Schnozz

End of.

Apparantly the actors playing the parents of Roz's baby's father had rehearsed without makeup, then only had the noses put on for the taping, so the reactions from the cast were genuine.
    Hilarious - especially when Fraiser had to go into the kitchen to 'hide' his laughter! :D
    GotchaToo wrote: »
    Plus the one where they all go to a cabin and are trying to sneak into each others bedroom and finding the wrong person.
    Especially after all the wrong doing, Fraiser realises nobody was 'hot' for him! :D
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Too many.

"The Innkeepers"
    "To Kill A Talking Bird"
    "Ham Radio"

These are my favourite episodes I watch the most.
  • cliffy91cliffy91 Posts: 1,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love when Frasier goes into the gay bar in those tight tight shorts so funny, that whole episode is brilliant
  • allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also: "I AM WOOOUUUUNDED"

Oh yes!! And .... "Does no one realise that I have got an HUNGARIAN GOOSE"?

I agree with everyone's best moments on here...the scripts were second to none and the acting just brilliant.
    There will never be a sit-com like this again for me!:(
    But I constantly watch time after time on the Comedy channel and never ever get tired of them.

Ooh - and another of my faves were all the eps with the superb Felicity Huffman in. That little course they had to go on for sexual equality was hilarious... "who said that?" "I DID"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one where Daphnes ex appears and she pretends to be married to Niles and is now called Moon Crane, in all the deception going on Martin is pretending to be an astronaut and has the line " I drove a moon crane once................dam near drove it into the sea of tranqillity" lol