Lance Armstrong - Oprah interview

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Any ideas when and where the interview is being shown ?

I know it's being shown complete - two and a half hours but in two parts .

Comments

• Killary45Killary45 Posts: 1,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can watch it live on http://www.oprah.com/own_tv/onc/lance-armstrong-one.html at 2am tonight and tomorrow night.

I expect that a recording of the interview will also be available on that website.
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    On the Discovery Channel tonight at 2am.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listentome wrote: »

Thanks !

Part two the following night presumably .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The interview will be simulcast on Discovery Channel in two parts. The first part on Friday 18 January at 2am and repeated Friday 18 January at 8pm. The second part on Saturday 19 January at 2am and repeated Saturday 19 at 8pm.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listentome wrote: »

Cheers :) I'll be watching tonight
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least he's admitted it right out. No messing about.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least he's admitted it right out. No messing about.

In fairness too, Oprah is asking some hard questions and not just engaging in some sickly sweet whitewash.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Claims he didn't intimidate teammates into taking drugs but accepts that they may have felt under some unspoken pressure to go along with it.
  • culttvfanculttvfan Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally watched the 'interview' (?) last night and as I suspected Oprah was very poor. She let Armstrong get away with so many lies and unsatisfactory answers.

Here's one of many examples I could give. Armstrong had always said he gave $100,000 to the UCI (cycling's governing body) to help their drugs testing programme. Oprah said it was now clear this wasn't the reason, so what was the real reason? Armstrong said "Because they asked me". Now any half decent interviewer would have pursued this with something like: " Are you in the habit of giving $100000 to people just because they ask you?" Instead, Oprah just moved on to the next question on her checklist.

She makes Judy Finnegan seem like Jon Snow.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,377
    Forum Member
    Oprah knows when to let her guest hang themselves with their own rope. Armstrong's own arrogance and lack of humility is enough to make him look ridiculous. She didn't need to do anything further.