STFU Judi

GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
Forum Member
Please God. Why can't just one evicted HM, tell Judi James to STFU because she hasn't got a clue and isn't qualified to tell them sod all about their behaviour? :mad:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Judi James
  • chellehighnesschellehighness Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She spews nonsense, EVERY WEEK, why is she always on
  • dannyb2k9dannyb2k9 Posts: 1,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    her and that pam whatever her name is are useless
  • purplesky99purplesky99 Posts: 1,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Callum did a decent job of not taking her 'critique' on board..
  • Robinson1Robinson1 Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And she has borrowed Rylan's teeth
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What qualifications has Judith James got...cos she talks a load of garbage
  • Dave MacDave Mac Posts: 2,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robinson1 wrote: »
    And she has borrowed Rylan's teeth

TBF she owned that look before Rylan.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I assume you're qualified to say that it's garbage, then?

It works both ways.
  • chellehighnesschellehighness Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'd never hear an ethical qualified psychiatrist state that they "know" someone or could write book about them. One of the first lessons in psychology is that personalities are too complex to ever "know" you can make assumptions and theories but never fully understand the person
  • sheils1sheils1 Posts: 16,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She spews nonsense, EVERY WEEK, why is she always on

Why she talking about the animals....we are not animals.:confused:
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    I like Pam Spurr. I do believe she really does know what she is talking about. But the trouble is her expertise is in a subject that doesn't lend itself to the sound bite and for that reason she never really gets time to explain what she is seeing fully. I would love to spend half a day with her.

Judi James I am a bit more dubious about. I have a feeling she might be to psychology what Gillian McKeith is to nutrition.

However we are animals except possibly Dexter who might just be part mineral.
  • reader123reader123 Posts: 4,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please God. Why can't just one evicted HM, tell Judi James to STFU because she hasn't got a clue and isn't qualified to tell them sod all about their behaviour? :mad:

Cannot stand her. She should go and learn about fashion, she dresses like her granny.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really want someone to turn round to Judi James after she has analyzed them and simply say, "in your opinion".
  • AmyJamesAmyJames Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really want someone to turn round to Judi James after she has analyzed them and simply say, "in your opinion".

Now that would be epic :D
  • Purves GrundyPurves Grundy Posts: 43,868
    Forum Member
    Judi James is NOT a psychologist. She has no relevant degree in the area. She is a self-appointed "body language" expert. She just wraps her petty subjective impressions in Desmond Morris psychobabble.

She's one step up from being a phrenologist...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    She always speaks sense. She's quite funny too.
  • Scout66Scout66 Posts: 5,576
    Forum Member

She doesn't have any qualifications at all. Even when she talks about HM's I don't like I still think she's talking twaddle.
  • TalullahmayTalullahmay Posts: 5,962
    Forum Member
    You'd never hear an ethical qualified psychiatrist state that they "know" someone or could write book about them. One of the first lessons in psychology is that personalities are too complex to ever "know" you can make assumptions and theories but never fully understand the person

True!
  • Scout66Scout66 Posts: 5,576
    Forum Member
    I assume you're qualified to say that it's garbage, then?

It works both ways.

Too be fair Judi James opinions are about as valid and objective as Keith Lemon's were when he used to go on BBLB. Although at least we all knew Lee Francis was just playing a character.
  • chrissieb26chrissieb26 Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    I like Pam Spurr. I do believe she really does know what she is talking about. But the trouble is her expertise is in a subject that doesn't lend itself to the sound bite and for that reason she never really gets time to explain what she is seeing fully. I would love to spend half a day with her.

Judi James I am a bit more dubious about. I have a feeling she might be to psychology what Gillian McKeith is to nutrition.

However we are animals except possibly Dexter who might just part mineral.
    loving this, hope you were mentioned in the best posters :) was wanting to highlight bit about Dexter and his minerals
    ( please tell me how to put in bold print when quoting.... Thanks)
  • ShadowTillNowShadowTillNow Posts: 2,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes I like hearing what she has to say, but it's always total nonsense.
  • ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Pam Spurr. I do believe she really does know what she is talking about.

I like her too. She wasn't afraid to disagree with what Judi James was saying tonight and in the past, when a HM has been criticised in the house or on the spinoff shows, she has sometimes stuck up for them and tried to explain her reasoning. She's not afraid to go against the grain.
    Forum Member

I don't disagree with your general point. But I think when they say they could write a book about someone it is a shorthand way of saying precisely what you say i.e. that people are far to complex to be summed up in a sentence or two.

An entertainment show is not really the natural habitat of the psychologist and it is next to impossible for them to give a meaningful analysis in a few words against a backdrop of fun and horsing around.

I wish they would have one show where they drop the 'exclusives', rent a mob, bizarre phone callers, and all the 'funnies' and give us an hour which is a bit more BBC 4; really getting to the nitty gritty behind the HM's behaviour.

This doesn't need to be instead of BBBOTS etc but as well as. I feel that by doing this they could cash in on a whole new audience. It seems like a missed opportunity to me.
    Forum Member
    loving this, hope you were mentioned in the best posters :) was wanting to highlight bit about Dexter and his minerals
    ( please tell me how to put in bold print when quoting.... Thanks)

Thank you - how kind. I saw and added to that thread this afternoon and if I were mentioned I would be honoured to be named in the same thread as some really great posters.

BIB (Bit in Bold) When you open the dialogue box to respond (using the quite function) you should see some options above the box B I U etc. Just highlight the bit you want to make bold and click bold and voila

Love your reason for editing BTW. :D
  • hippychickxxxhippychickxxx Posts: 1,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sheils1 wrote: »
    Why she talking about the animals....we are not animals.:confused:

we are animals and the reason she talks about animals' behaviour is because they are easier to read and use as examples :)

animals don't have the complexity of emotions in the same way that humans do and thats why psychologists study them, some of the most famous and relevant psychological studies have been conducted on animals

we have learnt so much about human behaviour through psychologists such as skinner, harlow, pavlov and thorndike who's research was based on animals :)