EE - 5 years today since Danielle died

Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
Forum Member
I wonder if Ronnie will mention her in tomorrow night's ep?

Comments

• The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No cos she's not in it this week!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's actually 5 years today.
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Thought it was. Wiki just have her last appearance as 3rd but she must have already been dead then :blush:
  • BeaconboofBeaconboof Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5 years, wow! It will be 16 years since Tiffany died, this December. Unreal.
    Forum Member
    EastEnders was so much better back then. Peggy, Archie, Tanya, Zainab :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunny B wrote: »
    Thought it was. Wiki just have her last appearance as 3rd but she must have already been dead then :blush:

Aye her last credited appearance was the 3rd. It showed Danielle lying dead on a mortuary table to be identified by her dad. :cry:
    Forum Member
    Aye her last credited appearance was the 3rd. It showed Danielle lying dead on a mortuary table to be identified by her dad. :cry:

Oh yeah that boring Joel? lol
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    I think we will be getting plenty of references next week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No it was Andy her adoptive father that identified her. Joel didn't show up to September that year IIRC.
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

no Joel was her birth father. It was her adopted father (some welsh bloke) that idenfied the body.
  • Guido9Guido9 Posts: 3,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sacred EE times for myself and many others too I dare say re the Danielle and Ronnie climax being five years ago to this day! It has gone by very fast for sure. The show has been enjoyable at times since then in patches and is so at present but it will probably never again recapture the uniqueness and excitement/sadness of that hour long special episode.

I heard rumours that DTC is set to make Ronnie's life something of a misery again though (theoretically at least) from when he last did by making her the designated driver re the accidental running over of Lola in the near future. If that's true then lets hope they make it a more convincing 20mph affair re Janine going into Danielle!
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »

Oh dear that was a bit OTT admittedly! - but then again would any current EE storyline evoke any of it's audience into doing such a thing as that again? - me thinks not!
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guido9 wrote: »
    Oh dear that was a bit OTT admittedly! - but then again would any current EE storyline evoke any of it's audience into doing such a thing as that again? - me thinks not!

Er Shabnam burning the curry? :D
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »

:D:D:D
  • teenage-monkeyteenage-monkey Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure it's tomorrow, 3rd April. I remember because it happened on my 21st birthday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

People can say what they want about Danielle but no other character has made a bigger impact as she had in such a small amount of time and left something behind that will be remembered.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

FGS.

Wonder if what has been surmised about and happens to Lola soon - has anything to do with this?

With this being the anniversary and it being around 5 years on, I mean.
  • Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

F*ck me some people are nuts. :o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People can say what they want about Danielle but no other character has made a bigger impact as she had in such a small amount of time and left something behind that will be remembered.

I think the same - so pretty much this.

For the relatively short amount of time that the character was actually in the show - the impact was certainly significant, at the time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »

I haven't seen any EE this week so I take it that is a very recent happening?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the same - so pretty much this.

For the relatively short amount of time that the character was actually in the show - the impact was certainly significant, at the time.

Yup, however short lived she was (seven months or so), Danielle must be well up there in that regard re shortest amount of time versus impact ratio. A lot of the DS posters from that time five years ago appear not to be on DS anymore though but the whole thing did create a significant divide of opinion in 2009! I don't think it was DTC and Santer's intention for the character to do so but she created a huge impact at the time and the legacy is still there to an extent with regard to this Lola rehash that's presently being mooted....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yup, however short lived she was (seven months or so), Danielle must be well up there in that regard re shortest amount of time versus impact ratio. A lot of the DS posters from that time five years ago appear not to be on DS anymore though but the whole thing did create a significant divide of opinion in 2009! I don't think it was DTC and Santer's intention for the character to do so but she created a huge impact at the time and the legacy is still there to an extent with regard to this Lola rehash that's presently being mooted....

Exactly what I'm thinking and alluded to earlier, in fact -

- a Lola rehash of the Danielle SL / ret-con situation going on (with the success of Danielle in 2009 in DTC's mind, no doubt).

With what is coming up for Lola, very soon...
  • D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5 years bloody hell! Time is going so fast these days! Only feel like a couple years ago!