How do people remember Jade Goody?

Comments

• Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bette Davis' quote sums it up best - "just because someone's dead, it doesn't mean they've changed".
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,990
    Forum Member
    I don't think it was horror, exactly, but I do remember that she looked very sad. I think the wedding (which was virtually fictional; Tweed was wheeled in because she really did have to have a bridegroom, and I have often wondered what deal he struck) gave her something to look forward to, with all the excitement of the dress and the bridesmaids and the guests etc. Then it was over, and there wasn't really anything else to look forward to; I don't think she was close to Jack Tweed really - he seemed incredibly juvenile and out of his depth - and she must have known that it was just a question of hospital visits and long days in bed from then on. I did feel for her.

If you think back to how papers like The Sun regarded Jade Goody throughout 2007 it seemed strange following the death of Max Clifford's close friend Jeremy Beadle they should pick her to play a practical joke on and give her a two page spread in February 2008.

As for Jack Tweed, the News of the World report in 2010....
    JADE Goody made certain her playboy widower Jack Tweed wasn't left a penny of her £3million fortune.

All Jack gets to keep are memories and his late wife's final car - a blue six-year-old VW Touareg worth about £14,000. And even that's just a gift at the trustees' discretion.

From her will...
    9. Residuary gift - substantive trusts

9.1 The income of the Trust Fund will be paid to my Husband during his lifetime provided that we are married at the time of my death.

9.2 The Trustees may, at any time during the Trust Period, pay or apply the whole or any part of the Trust Fund in which my Husband is then entitled to an interest in possession to him or for his advancement or otherwise for his benefit in such manner as the Trustees shall in their discretion think fit.

If that means Tweed got any money I don't know, Probate doesn't seem to have been granted till 25 Nov 2011
    .... the gross value of the estate in the United Kingdom amounts to £2,220,512 and the net value of such estate amounts to £394,692.

This would indicate massive debts in unpaid tax?
  • muppeteermuppeteer Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember this forum going into meltdown when she died. And the massive thread that was going fir weeks, where people were saying she was making it up before she was declared terminal, I recall them moving to another forum afterwards.

I never liked her and the illness didn't change my opinion. I disliked the media hullabaloo. The Gordon Brown tribute was cringeworthy. But yes sad for her two boys, and very glad that Brazier is so protective of their privacy.
  • djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently Jack got into trouble for attacking some students and claiming that they mocked Jade's cancer. Disgraceful if true
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tried to take on 3 and slunk away, tail between his legs. Hasn't changed one iota, has he?
  • TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't wish her illness and death on anyone, but, in truth, she was an obnoxious, thick, useless chav.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I dont mean to sound cruel, but basically this. Its very sad for her kids they lost a mum so young, and I wouldnt wish her disease on my worst enemy, but the fact is Jade presented a public persona to the world of being loud, thick and annoying and not a very nice human being.
    So I'd say I remember the Shilpa Shetty racism row and then her tragic demise :(
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Microkorg wrote: »
    Claiming Benefits no doubt

Ma Budden has had her disability benefit removed by the Social Services as they've decided that she's clearly 100% fit to work despite her damaged arm so Ma Budden has been put on the JobSeekers Allowance at present. The last we heard of Ma Budden was that she was flogging her dead infamous daughter's childhood toys at some online auction.

The latest on Ma Budden:

http://www.*******************/showbiz/jade-goodys-mum-turns-12-hour-job-cold-outside/

Aww diddums, Ma Budden!
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flanno wrote: »
    Ma Budden has had her disability benefit removed by the Social Services as they've decided that she's clearly 100% fit to work despite her damaged arm so Ma Budden has been put on the JobSeekers Allowance at present. The last we heard of Ma Budden was that she was flogging her dead infamous daughter's childhood toys at some online auction.

The latest on Ma Budden:

http://www.*******************/showbiz/jade-goodys-mum-turns-12-hour-job-cold-outside/

Aww diddums, Ma Budden!

Jade had no chance with a mother like that. :(
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I dont mean to sound cruel, but basically this. Its very sad for her kids they lost a mum so young, and I wouldnt wish her disease on my worst enemy, but the fact is Jade presented a public persona to the world of being loud, thick and annoying and not a very nice human being.
    So I'd say I remember the Shilpa Shetty racism row and then her tragic demise :(

I think anyone who slags off someone who has been dead for six years on an internet forum is cruel.. regardless of your disclaimer.

"Jade presented a public persona to the world of being loud, thick and annoying and not a very nice human being"

Let me correct the above statement.

Jade was presented to the public by "reality tv" production companies who have a track record of exploiting individuals who should never be placed in such an environment in the first place. And once placed in the environment their actions and statements are highly edited to produce maximum outrage and coverage to generate views and increase advertising revenue.

The very fact she was shipped off to appear in the Indian version along side Shilpa Shetty illustrates all we need to know about how these companies work. They exploit people. And Jade wasn't the only person to be a victim of this cynical little exercise. There are many former housemates who wish they never entered it.

I'd never met Jade so I can't claim to know what she was like as a person. But I'm sure not going to let "Big Brother" tell me. She may have said some offensive things and she may have appeared to act offensively at certain times. But no one deserves to be slagged off six years after they've died by people who never met them on an internet forum.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jade had no chance with a mother like that. :(

And a father who died of heroin overdose in a McDonalds toilet :(
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The racism row is probably the overriding memory I have of her although her early death was incredibly sad.

That said I think she was hung out to dry in that row, she wasn't the only one involved but they seemed to get off scot free.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The racism row is probably the overriding memory I have of her although her early death was incredibly sad.

That said I think she was hung out to dry in that row, she wasn't the only one involved but they seemed to get off scot free.

Although I think her behaviour towards Shilpa was absolutely hideous, I do think she copped the most of the flack when the others involved got away with it. IMO, and I know others won't agree, I saw it as more about class and perceived status than being all about race from Jade.

Jo got some grief but she was portrayed as a fragile mess. Danielle got her kit off, dated a few mixed race men and all was forgiven and Jack's part was completely ignored. IMO, Jackiey was the instigator and her eviction seemed to fan the flames for some reason.
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Jade made a heck of a lot of mistakes, but she made the best decision of her life to have children with Jeff Brazier. It's a shame Jeff didn't agree to the deathbed wedding, and idiotic Jack Tweedy had to do the honours instead.

Her sons are growing up surrounded by love and with a man who is a good role model. It is terribly sad that anyone should lose their life to cancer in their twenties, and I felt so sorry for her when she was terminally ill, but still working her socks off to earn money for her boys.
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Flanno wrote: »

The latest on Ma Budden:

Aww diddums, Ma Budden!
    That link doesn't work :(
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry I caused offence with my statement. But JUST because someone is dead does that mean we cant say anything critical about them? Others on this thread have said similar.
    Forum Member
    Jade made a heck of a lot of mistakes, but she made the best decision of her life to have children with Jeff Brazier. It's a shame Jeff didn't agree to the deathbed wedding, and idiotic Jack Tweedy had to do the honours instead.

Her sons are growing up surrounded by love and with a man who is a good role model. It is terribly sad that anyone should lose their life to cancer in their twenties, and I felt so sorry for her when she was terminally ill, but still working her socks off to earn money for her boys.

BIB: Good points, I hadnt thought of that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

100% agree. Thank God those boys have a father who is doing all he can to ensure that they grow up with as normal a life as they can have, outside of the media glare. I've got no doubt he could have made a small fortune doing OK photoshoots with them but he has his priorities absolutely right and realises that their childhood is worth more than money.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I agree Danielle Lloyd in particular was as bad if not worse than jade. However she has been forgiven probably because she's attractive>:(
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd almost forgotten about her, but the whole way the media treated her death as if it was the death of a sovereign was sickening as a few months previously they hated her for being a thick racist. More sickeningly, and typical of the zeleb culture of the time, Jack Tweed tried to become a zeleb through the death of Jade. Mercifully this obnoxious berk came to nothing.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Although I think her behaviour towards Shilpa was absolutely hideous, I do think she copped the most of the flack when the others involved got away with it. IMO, and I know others won't agree, I saw it as more about class and perceived status than being all about race from Jade.

Jo got some grief but she was portrayed as a fragile mess. Danielle got her kit off, dated a few mixed race men and all was forgiven and Jack's part was completely ignored. IMO, Jackiey was the instigator and her eviction seemed to fan the flames for some reason.

There is an element of truth in that, matey. Sadly, she was so tragically simple, that the only way she could articulate her feelings was to denigrate her race 'Shilpa Popadom' etc...

& absolutely on Jo and Lloyd. The latter was by far the worst, but because she had bog fake knockers and an amenable vagina, she was forgiven.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I'm sorry I caused offence with my statement. But JUST because someone is dead does that mean we cant say anything critical about them? Others on this thread have said similar.

Don't worry, I completely agree with you. Not speaking ill of the dead is such an absurd concept. She was an idiot.
    Forum Member
    Glenn A wrote: »
    I'd almost forgotten about her, but the whole way the media treated her death as if it was the death of a sovereign was sickening as a few months previously they hated her for being a thick racist. More sickeningly, and typical of the zeleb culture of the time, Jack Tweed tried to become a zeleb through the death of Jade. Mercifully this obnoxious berk came to nothing.

I agree, its awful when a young woman dies from cancer, no one deserves that but she was talked about like she was Princess Diana or something, shows how two faced the media was.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Im not a fan of being famous because youre a Kardashian or reality star, youre talents are basically zero. Im less amused by peoples stupidity, never found it funny just actually embarrassing, her behaviour even worse, but then her mother was not great either. Sorry those boys were left without a mother at such a young age though
  • djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree Danielle Lloyd in particular was as bad if not worse than jade. However she has been forgiven probably because she's attractive>:(

Harsh but you've hit the nail on the head