Options

Waiting for Chryed to Get It On - Christian & Syed (Part 267)

Comments

• Options
    KBambiKBambi Posts: 3,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    asyousay wrote: »
    I thought the spoilers said Syed gives up Yasmin?

he chooses to let her go or i did i read the spoilers wrong ( highly possible)

I think Amira says they'll still be in contact.
  • Options
    heartsickheartsick Posts: 3,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just rewatched the scene where Masood loses £10000, which was needed for the mortgage, on gambling.

We sometimes forget all this when we get angry with Syed. There is a model at home.

He got the money then gambled it all away. And there was talk of bailifs.
  • Options
    MadWorld_NESMadWorld_NES Posts: 37,961
    Forum Member
    PoppyMay wrote: »
    No PM yet :p

Just sent it! I got distracted halfway through, sorry :p
  • Options
    asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    [QUOTE=heartsick;62120770]Just rewatched the scene where Masood loses £10000, which was needed for the mortgage, on gambling.

We sometimes forget all this when we get angry with Syed. There is a model at home.

He got the money then gambled it all away. And there was talk of bailifs.[/QUOTE]

Yes but it was his money to piss away. Syed stole off his parents. I think that is the big difference that Syed lost money that was not his to begin with.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but it was his money to piss away. Syed stole off his parents. I think that is the big difference that Syed lost money that was not his to begin with.

Not saying it's the same, but it wasn't Mas's money to piss away, it was money needed to pay the mortgage.

I guess I also don't see what Syed did as stealing. Dishonest, yes, but he was being reckless, trying to sort thins out. Gambling. Like his dad.

Not a big thing, just happened upon it and was struck by all of the things that Masood pretends are not issues for him as well.
  • Options
    shortiefluffshortiefluff Posts: 3,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jenn123 wrote: »
    Afternoon :)

Thanks KBambi (and Elphie!) for the mag articles :)

Brilliant that Johnny's made the Pink list :) So well deserved!

Really interesting tweets from Pete today; they made me feel better I must admit. And also great posts today - Lovesy and timidmouse in particular :)

Despite my anger at what EE have done, I didn't actually think Syed was belittling his vows on Friday - not to himself anyway. I think he was making a point to Christian that he's a liar and he doesn't deserve Christian because he made the vows after lying to him. Sort of like in a 'how can you believe anything I say?' way. I know he tries to win him back in the next two weeks but I think in that moment he thought Christian was better off out of it, hence the not saying I Love You.

BIB What did he say in the tweets. I havent seen anything about it.

Im calmer about Friday now. Syed does love Christian, just doesnt feel worthy of it after the mess he's made. Christian doesnt deserve him and he knows it so is pushing him away and hitting out at Christian. Soap Scoop shows us he is hopeful of getting Christian back and when he hears he's going he's hurt and chucks his stuff out. In a way he is right with the hypocrite comment as Christian lied this week to him and then doesnt tell him he's leaving, therefore getting Syed's hope up of a reconciliation and so Christian has taken a leaf out of Syed's book and lied twice in quick succession. Im in no way condoning what Syed has done but he does have a point, if only slightly.

Update-still pregnant. 4 days to go!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek: Gradually getting my head around the fact its really creeping up on me now. Im scared though. Ive done it before but im still scared. Hope its over soon. Want to meet my little boy.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There have been some lovely posts today, this one is great, and helps a lot.

And the spoilers make it more hopeful.

This might just be recovered at the last minute.

And I'm glad.

This has been a tough ride - and I'm looking forward to the final denoument. I'm expecting BRILLIANT acting.

Great posts also for Star and Lovesy. and thanks kbambi for the spoilers you darling.:)

I'm desperatly hoping Marc and Pete can turn this around. Though I'm expecting a degree of annoyance, and teethgrinding.

I wouldn't expect anything else but brilliant acting not just from Mark and Johnny but I suspect Nitin and Nina will play their part too.

I have no doubt Pete can make sense of it - but I am worried about his tweet saying he didn't promise a positive ending - just an honest one!

So long as it is not ambiguous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tape just tweeted to confirm Marc will be on BBC Breakfast at 8:50am :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    heartsick wrote: »
    Not saying it's the same, but it wasn't Mas's money to piss away, it was money needed to pay the mortgage.

I guess I also don't see what Syed did as stealing. Dishonest, yes, but he was being reckless, trying to sort thins out. Gambling. Like his dad.

Not a big thing, just happened upon it and was struck by all of the things that Masood pretends are not issues for him as well.

Yes but still his money. He made of needed it for something else but his prerogative on how to spend his own money .

I guess we will have to disagree as it was not his money to try and sort things out with. He had already blown all his own cash on stupid ideas and then pissed away even more money on a guy that saw him coming a mile off.

ETA - And this coming from somebody who does not like Masood as i can never get over him leaving Christian bleeding and injured in the street *shakes fist*
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    timidmouse wrote: »
    I wouldn't expect anything else but brilliant acting not just from Mark and Johnny but I suspect Nitin and Nina will play their part too.

I have no doubt Pete can make sense of it - but I am worried about his tweet saying he didn't promise a positive ending - just an honest one!

So long as it is not ambiguous.

I'm a bit worried too, although Johnny saying that Christian now comes with Syed - hence Johnny himself leaving the show before he was ready - gives it away somewhat.

I'm not expecting tears of happiness now :( or a kiss :( but I'm hopeful they'll be leaving together.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a great story this has been. Looking at random clips from the past. I needed to be reminded of what I fell in love with. Wonderful story, amazing actors, sometimes brilliant writing.

That was it, my dears. Years on, we weren't wrong. It was great.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What a great story this has been. Looking at random clips from the past. I needed to be reminded of what I fell in love with. Wonderful story, amazing actors, sometimes brilliant writing.

Thats the wonderful thing is the first part of this story is so bloody amazing. This crap can never taint the beginning :D:D
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KBambi wrote: »
    Tape just tweeted Marc will be on BBC Breakfast at 8:50am :)

Thank you. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but still his money. He made of needed it for something else but his prerogative on how to spend his own money .

I guess we will have to disagree as it was not his money to try and sort things out with. He had already blown all his own cash on stupid ideas and then pissed away even more money on a guy that saw him coming a mile off.

ETA - And this coming from somebody who does not like Masood as i can never get over him leaving Christian bleeding and injured in the street *shakes fist*

Well, everyone in the story did absolutely sh**tty things at times.

We don't disagree in principle, although if you are in a relationship or marriage with common money, it is not yours to gamble away if debts need to be paid. Masood would have needed to have discussed it with Zee and had her agreement. Otherwise he was, in essence, stealing from the family money, hers as well as his. I don't think that the Patriarch gets to say where the money goes. And don't forget, it wasn't the first time. He did ruin them before by gambling.

I think Syed is also a gambler, just does it in business instead of on the horses.

Both did wrong. But I just could see that Syed had a model from home about gambling. And it is addictive, there are groups for recovery as with drink and drugs, and maybe the two men should have gone together to these!

I guess I'll forgive every character if the one they have hurt forgives them. So, if Christian has forgiven Masood, okay.

Roxy needs to do that, too. She is probably going to make me crazy on Tuesday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kbambi I don't know how you do it, magic or just hard work, but thank you again and again for all of the news. I wouldn't know what was what without you.

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, everyone in the story did absolutely sh**tty things at times.

We don't disagree in principle, although if you are in a relationship or marriage with common money, it is not yours to gamble away if debts need to be paid. Masood would have needed to have discussed it with Zee and had her agreement. Otherwise he was, in essence, stealing from the family money, hers as well as his. I don't think that the Patriarch gets to say where the money goes. And don't forget, it wasn't the first time. He did ruin them before by gambling.

I think Syed is also a gambler, just does it in business instead of on the horses.

Both did wrong. But I just could see that Syed had a model from home about gambling. And it is addictive, there are groups for recovery as with drink and drugs, and maybe the two men should have gone together to these!

I guess I'll forgive every character if the one they have hurt forgives them. So, if Christian has forgiven Masood, okay.

Roxy needs to do that, too. She is probably going to make me crazy on Tuesday.

I know that :D

Christian is her family so i get why she goes to bat for him :D

Syed has once again hurt him beyond belief and Roxy as Christian friend is right to be protective .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    towers wrote: »
    I'm a bit worried too, although Johnny saying that Christian now comes with Syed - hence Johnny himself leaving the show before he was ready - gives it away somewhat.

I'm not expecting tears of happiness now :( or a kiss :( but I'm hopeful they'll be leaving together.

Honesty and clear ending would be fitting - but a girl can still live in hope of a kiss, even if it is a goodbye kiss.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kbambi I don't know how you do it, magic or just hard work, but thank you again and again for all of the news. I wouldn't know what was what without you.

:)

You're very welcome! It was Elphie that found all the news today though - I was just the messenger :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No goodbye kisses!!!!!!! There is NO WAY they're leaving apart. You are letting the plot contrivance addle with your minds. Naughty EE.
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This. I'm actually in the process of writing out a very long post about why we shouldn't regret a thing.

Bare with me. :sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm just realised I've barely moaned about Amira's reappearance.

Why does she even need to return? It's rubbish. It could be done over the phone etc

/weak effort.

At least she seems somewhat sane this time around.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know that :D

Christian is her family so i get why she goes to bat for him :D

Syed has once again hurt him beyond belief and Roxy as Christian friend is right to be protective .

Oh????:D:D:D:D

Well, one thing I learned early on was never ever ever take on the partner or lover of your close friends. They can get back together again, and you will be on the outs.

Not only that, she is self righteous and she does not speak for Christian. He has not delegated her and sometimes she is cruel. She does not like Syed and therefore, it is extremely unpleasant to listen to her.

Christian may be hurting now, and his team can say what they like to him, but not to Syed. He is a big boy and he will decide what to do.

Not her biggest fan. This from a girl who slept with her sister's boyfriend, then lied to someone else to get him to be with her, by telling her Amy was his. And who got bilked out of her money by Phil and still doesn't know. Bah.

God I'm gonna miss this!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    PoppyMay wrote: »
    Hmm just realised I've barely moaned about Amira's reappearance.

Why does she even need to return? It's rubbish. It could be done over the phone etc

/weak effort.

At least she seems somewhat sane this time around.

It is ironic that she has got her life together and Syed is at rock bottom. Maybe they brought her back to rub Syed's face in a little bit.

She is finally happy and settled down and got away from him, while he is still the same lying , cheating weak mess?
  • Options
    elphaba7589elphaba7589 Posts: 74,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    This. I'm actually in the process of writing out a very long post about why we shouldn't regret a thing.

Bare with me. :sleep:

Oh I don't regret a thing either :D It's been a mad, sad, happy, squeeful, angsty, amazing journey :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KBambi wrote: »
    You're very welcome! It was Elphie that found all the news today though - I was just the messenger :p

Oh fabulous Elphie! Thank you, too.

Starting to make my farewells...:cry:
This discussion has been closed.