Work internet searches showing on home tablet.

emilyjade321emilyjade321 Posts: 38
Forum Member
I have noticed google searches that have been done on a work lap top (not logged in in my name)at work are showing up on my samsung galaxy tab 10.1 at home. How can this happen as although in the past I have used my tablet at work for apps it has never connected to the internet there as I don't have the security code. Does anyone have an ideas pleas?

Comments

• alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    I'd hazard a guess and say you are using Chrome for your browser at work and are logged in on there which is why it would show your searches at home on your tablet.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your logged into google in your browser.
  • emilyjade321emilyjade321 Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Don't think they use chrome and its not logged in as me so how can it be on my tablet? The only thing I think of is that I once accessed my gmail account on the laptop, could that be it? But still don't get how the searches are on my tablet? Am I being dense:confused:
    Forum Member
    Don't think they use chrome and its not logged in as me so how can it be on my tablet? The only thing I think of is that I once accessed my gmail account on the laptop, could that be it? But still don't get how the searches are on my tablet? Am I being dense:confused:

When you logged in your the laptop you signed into Google - that sounds like it is still logged in now and so it saves your searched. The you tablet will also have the same Google account which displays the same information between all Google accounts which is why the tablet shows searches you have done elsewhere.
    Forum Member
    alan1302 wrote: »
    When you logged in your the laptop you signed into Google - that sounds like it is still logged in now and so it saves your searched. The you tablet will also have the same Google account which displays the same information between all Google accounts which is why the tablet shows searches you have done elsewhere.[/QUOTE

Sorry not sure I was clear, its not my lap top at work, I don't sign in/log in to it at all thats why it doesn't make sense. The searches the person who uses it comes up on my tablet.
    Forum Member
    When you logged in your the laptop you signed into Google - that sounds like it is still logged in now and so it saves your searched. The you tablet will also have the same Google account which displays the same information between all Google accounts which is why the tablet shows searches you have done elsewhere.[/QUOTE

Sorry not sure I was clear, its not my lap top at work, I don't sign in/log in to it at all thats why it doesn't make sense. The searches the person who uses it comes up on my tablet.

You said you logged into Gmail on the work laptop though.
  • LumstormLumstorm Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    Google are spying on you. :D
    Forum Member

You said you logged into Gmail on the work laptop though.

Yes I logged in a couple of months ago on the lap top. If thats the case if i did that on say the local library computer, would it then show me the searches everyone else did on that computer?

Do find it all very scary:eek:
    Forum Member

Yes I logged in a couple of months ago on the lap top. If thats the case if i did that on say the local library computer, would it then show me the searches everyone else did on that computer?

Do find it all very scary:eek:

If you don't log out then yes, that's possible. I'd expect a library to log people ot and wipe historys etc though at the end of the day.

it's why you should always log out of websites etc if it's a computer anyone else can use.

If you used Chrome to save your passwords it also means it's possible people could access your passwords.
  • burton07burton07 Posts: 10,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big Brother is Watching you - and I don't mean the TV show of the same name.
    Forum Member
    burton07 wrote: »
    Big Brother is Watching you - and I don't mean the TV show of the same name.

No, not Big Brother at all...simply not logging out when you should have done,
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Happens with me too, first time I was like "wtf" but then guessed it was because I was logged onto google in work, it's actually quite useful.
    Forum Member
    It was my gmail, even though it was closed, on the top bar we noticed my email address so had to log out of that. I am relieved and a lesson learned. Thanks everyone:)
  • !!11oneone!!11oneone Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can also set Google NOT to save your search history, if you wish

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/54057?hl=en
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was my gmail, even though it was closed, on the top bar we noticed my email address so had to log out of that. I am relieved and a lesson learned. Thanks everyone:)

Basically then, during that time... Anyone who used the work computer, would've been able to read your emails!

At least you've learned your lesson now though!