Performance Order for 7/3

Comments

• BalthusBalthus Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get why people get in such a tizzy over the skating order. What difference does it make whether someone is on first or last? :confused:
  • EejitEejit Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gazb2 wrote: »
    Maybe in shows like the X Factor. But not necessarily in Dancing on ice. You do also get a 'playback' to remind you of the previous performances. Also, there is only 6 left...so unless you suffer from short term memory loss...you should really remember if you enjoyed one performance more than the other 5.
    Would you be saying that if it was Hayley they were giving crap slots to most weeks, rather than giving her the 'pimp' slot on a regular basis...? :p

I don't think she needs the boost, but I still think it stinks. These things should be done fairly. Just rotating it between Gary and Hayley is pathetic.
    Balthus wrote: »
    I don't get why people get in such a tizzy over the skating order. What difference does it make whether someone is on first or last? :confused:
    Quite a lot of votes difference. ;)
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,499
    Forum Member
    Balthus wrote: »

The audience figures grow throughout the show so being last on can have an advantage. You are also fresher in the viewers minds.

Whilsty you do get a recap clip at the end I think its been proved before that performance order can hugle effect the votes.

Look at the first 2 series of the X-Facor, only acts who performaned in the 1st 4 slots were ever in the bottom 2.
    Forum Member
    ghosty
  • River ManRiver Man Posts: 2,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say performance order is alot more important when you have so many couples left in - if you have 12 then its easy to be forgotten.

As someone up thread said as there are so few couple performance order becomes a bit less important, however saying that I can't see how TPTB can justify sticking Hayley on last again - they just seem to be rotating her and Gary at the end

It tends to have an even bigger impact when numbers get smaller.

The X factor is nearly always won by the person who sings last in the final.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eejit wrote: »
    Would you be saying that if it was Hayley they were giving crap slots to most weeks, rather than giving her the 'pimp' slot on a regular basis...? :p

I don't think she needs the boost, but I still think it stinks. These things should be done fairly. Just rotating it between Gary and Hayley is pathetic.)

But do we really know how they do it? They could gather all the celebs to pick a number out a hat...and Hayley just happens to be lucky :P

And I see your point...it would be pretty sucky if Hayley was on a rubbish slot every week...but like I say, there is only 6 couples left, and it doesn't matter as much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    River Man wrote: »

I really doubt this is the reason why the winners of the X Factor win the show. The favorite has always won the X Factor, I've certainly never been surprised by the result...I really think the place in which they sing makes no difference
  • lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    River Man wrote: »

Hah, but what was first the chicken or the egg, meaning are they putting the favourite last all the time. So rather than the person who performs last winning by default, it could be that the person who is winning int he votes is put last to increase the interest of the voting public:o. Hopes this makes sense.
    Forum Member
    I really doubt this is the reason why the winners of the X Factor win the show. The favorite has always won the X Factor, I've certainly never been surprised by the result...I really think the place in which they sing makes no difference

No they havent - Leon won against the bookies favourite Rhydian.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No they havent - Leon won against the bookies favourite Rhydian.

There wasn't that much of a difference, but I guess your right.

Sorry
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hah, but what was first the chicken or the egg, meaning are they putting the favourite last all the time. So rather than the person who performs last winning by default, it could be that the person who is winning int he votes is put last to increase the interest of the voting public:o. Hopes this makes sense.
    Well that argument might make sense, if it weren't for Gray keeping getting put on towards the ends - don't think he's going to make anyone keep glued to their sets waiting for his performance. :p;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that argument might make sense, if it weren't for Gray keeping getting put on towards the ends - don't think he's going to make anyone keep glued to their sets waiting for his performance. :p;)

Trust you to throw "Gray" at my well thought out argument:D.

I was primarily talking about finals though.
    Forum Member
    There wasn't that much of a difference, but I guess your right.

Sorry

55% - 45%

And Rhydian was something like 1/3 odds on whilst Leon was at 4/1 IIRC
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

(I am not just saying this because I am a Hayley fan....honest!!)

I think that there might be some kind of tactics behind putting Hayley on last, I think they might be concerned that people will tune in the beginning of the show, see Hayley (if she is on first) and then tune out. It might be there to keep the viewers watching to wait and see what she comes up with.

But I could be completely wrong...and probably am.
  • River ManRiver Man Posts: 2,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yep, I'm sure that's part of it.

It's still clearly an advantage even when there aren't many left.

Look at the BGT semi finals. The person who goes last has topped the vote every time, bar once I think.

..and gazb2. Rydian was as low as 1/10 to win X Factor. He was a very hot favourite.
  • Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Hayley is near the end again, it is ridiculous. It seems it is between her and Gary for who goes last.

How do you know Hayley is last?
  • BalthusBalthus Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh okay, so judging by those statistics it does make a difference then. Have they ever revealed how they work out the skating order?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taz93 wrote: »
    How do you know Hayley is last?
    She said so on her twitter. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,757
    Forum Member
    Hayley on last? What a surprise :rolleyes:
  • Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She said so on her twitter. :)

Thanks for confirmation.
    bbfan09 wrote: »
    Hayley on last? What a surprise :rolleyes:

It does seem to be recently, as if Hayley and Gary are taking turns to go last. But it is not their fault.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm starting to feel a bit Chris Crocker-y

"LEAVE HAAAYYYLLLLEEEYYYY ALLLLLONEEEEEEE"

Hahaha :-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm starting to feel a bit Chris Crocker-y

"LEAVE HAAAYYYLLLLEEEYYYY ALLLLLONEEEEEEE"

Hahaha :-)

Who is Chris Crocker:o. Don't forget Digi is not a reflection of the real world. I wonder how many people really notice that she is in the last 2 or 3 couples. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is Chris Crocker:o. Don't forget Digi is not a reflection of the real world. I wonder how many people really notice that she is in the last 2 or 3 couples. :D

Oh...did you not hear about the whole "Leave Britney Alone" Phenomina ? It was crazy...

Your right, i hardly doubt people sitting at home will be saying "HOW dare the producers of this show put her on last....I'm tuning out!!"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,757
    Forum Member
    Taz93 wrote: »
    Thanks for confirmation.

It does seem to be recently, as if Hayley and Gary are taking turns to go last. But it is not their fault.

Maybe not their fault but it is very irritating. The favouritism towards some of the contestans is ridiculous
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bbfan09 wrote: »
    Maybe not their fault but it is very irritating. The favouritism towards some of the contestans is ridiculous

May I just ask why the producers are favourtist ? Does it make a massive difference to them who wins the show ?!