Performance Order for 7/3

Comments

• Options
    TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eejit wrote: »
    I thought the ice was cleaned in every ad break?!? :confused:

There are sequin spotter guys who have a quick skate round and pick up anything on the ice. How could they possibly clean the ice every add break? Its a 15 min job to cut the ice wet it and then let it dry off a bit before it can be skated on, add break is NOT long enough.
  • Options
    Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neither does Gary. I don't need any posts to prove your point, a simple no, I think it's unfair in either case would have sufficed. I think that there have been weird decision with regards to the performance order including Hayley and Gary in the last few weeks. I don't care which one wins, but I do care if people just concentrate on one contestant. I agree with you that Kieron should be last, or that Daniella should be last, however I would have found your original point "WTF is Hayley doing skating last" more convincing if you had included Gary in this as well.

Why did you say neither does Gary when I've made it clear that I know that? And WHY would I include Gary in my post when he isn't on last? LOL. That makes no sense.

Get over the Gary thing, this isn't about him.

Fact is, Hayley should not be last or even close.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eejit wrote: »
    I thought the ice was cleaned in every ad break?!? :confused:

it does get done proplery between main show and skate off though.
  • Options
    EejitEejit Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TraceyUK wrote: »
    There are sequin spotter guys who have a quick skate round and pick up anything on the ice. How could they possibly clean the ice every add break? Its a 15 min job to cut the ice wet it and then let it dry off a bit before it can be skated on, add break is NOT long enough.
    Okay, thanks for clarifying. :)
  • Options
    lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why did you say neither does Gary when I've made it clear that I know that? And WHY would I include Gary in my post when he isn't on last? LOL. That makes no sense.

Get over the Gary thing, this isn't about him.

Fact is, Hayley should not be last or even close.

Look I agree with you in general. I think no-one should have an advantage in the running order. I just made the point, that Hayley is not the only one being favouritised. I don't know Gary's position, but for all we know he might be second to last (which would be as unfair as Hayley's last position).

The thing is that Hayley is last this week (a perfect reason to criticise the production team), but so was Gary last week despite being towards the end in the previous weeks. If you criticise one, you have to criticise the other. You might have done so with Gary in the past, I don't know as I don't take the time to look at people's previous posts.

I have made it clear that I would think that Kieron and Daniella should be towards the end, not Hayley and Gary.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Look I agree with you in general. I think no-one should have an advantage in the running order. I just made the point, that Hayley is not the only one being favouritised. I don't know Gary's position, but for all we know he might be second to last (which would be as unfair as Hayley's last position).

The thing is that Hayley is last this week (a perfect reason to criticise the production team), but so was Gary last week despite being towards the end in the previous weeks. If you criticise one, you have to criticise the other. You might have done so with Gary in the past, I don't know as I don't take the time to look at people's previous posts.

I have made it clear that I would think that Kieron and Daniella should be towards the end, not Hayley and Gary.

Kieron is second last and hopefully Mikey is fourth, having been on first last week.

And like you said, you haven't taken the time to look at my posts, so you wouldn't know would you? Never mind, I forgive you. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kieron is second last and hopefully Mikey is fourth, having been on first last week.

And like you said, you haven't taken the time to look at my posts, so you wouldn't know would you? Never mind, I forgive you. ;)

That's very noble of you:p;). However, in my first post, I said "am I right in assuming... etc". I didn't say it was a fact. However, I forgive you for this oversight;):D.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's very noble of you:p;). However, in my first post, I said "am I right in assuming... etc". I didn't say it was a fact. However, I forgive you for this oversight;):D.

You still assumed!! :D
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bbfan09 wrote: »
    Actually i think you have to look at out of the 6 left Gary, Hayley and Mikey are all in the tour so the producers may just want to keep them in as long as possible. Just my opinion of course.

That might be the case. They went out of their way last week to stress repeatedly that Mikey had a fall. They seemed desperate for him to avoid bottom two when he was in no real danger of being so imo.
    The performance order this series has been a lot more unfair than usual.
  • Options
    xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gary better be before Danniella.

In the last 3 weeks Danniella has been 1st then 3rd then 2nd.

Gary has been last twice and second last so he better be on early.

Hayley last. :rolleyes: Wouldn't be surprised to see 6.0's. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To Strictly Irish (sorry Internet is playing up): Well I think we overall agree that people shouldn't have preferential treatment:D. I will never assume again.... until I post my next post:p:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    xKatieLx wrote: »

i hope so, bring on the 6.0's :D
  • Options
    River ManRiver Man Posts: 2,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Unless she falls over a couple of times, then they'll give her 5.5's
  • Options
    PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think people might be confusing cause and effect. In this case, I am going to suppose that...

Cause: Hayley is getting the majority of votes AND critical acclaim.
    Effect: Hayley is put on last to ensure that the majority of voters stay tuned in.

The effect of the effect, unfortunately, is that the people who already dislike her dislike her more due to perceived unfairness.

You see it on all shows. The vast majority of weeks they close the show with someone who is good and/or popular. They rarely stick on someone who's talentless and unpopular last.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    River Man wrote: »
    Unless she falls over a couple of times, then they'll give her 5.5's

You mean - unless she is dropped by her partner because of a glitch in the ice, meaning no fault of either skater and therefore shouldn't be docked any points whatsoever....

Yeah..I'm sure that's what you meant :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Psychosis wrote: »
    I think people might be confusing cause and effect. In this case, I am going to suppose that...

Cause: Hayley is getting the majority of votes AND critical acclaim.
    Effect: Hayley is put on last to ensure that the majority of voters stay tuned in.

The effect of the effect, unfortunately, is that the people who already dislike her dislike her more due to perceived unfairness.

You see it on all shows. The vast majority of weeks they close the show with someone who is good and/or popular. They rarely stick on someone who's talentless and unpopular last.

Agreed! - the producers don't want to end the show on a damp squib so it stands to reason that they save the best (IMHO) until last.

That said, it would be nice to end the main show with the order draw for the next show (if they make it) - just as long as they don't need another ad break to get to it :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Windy999 wrote: »
    Agreed! - the producers don't want to end the show on a damp squib so it stands to reason that they save the best (IMHO) until last.

That said, it would be nice to end the main show with the order draw for the next show (if they make it) - just as long as they don't need another ad break to get to it :)

They would need 2 ad breaks. Safe and skating 1st next week is.......to be revealed after the break.
  • Options
    bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so Gary is 4th leaving Daniella 2nd or 3rd what do you want to bet she is 2nd I still think the producers are manipulating it for the ones on the tour to be in the latter stages (Emily being the hiccup) of the show - they would HATE a non tour member in the final for sure
  • Options
    xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bendymixer wrote: »
    so Gary is 4th leaving Daniella 2nd or 3rd what do you want to bet she is 2nd I still think the producers are manipulating it for the ones on the tour to be in the latter stages (Emily being the hiccup) of the show - they would HATE a non tour member in the final for sure

FFS!!!! He's so dull it's unreal so this is the 4th week in a row Danniella and Danny are on before him...... FIX!!!!

Hope he's in the skate off to get his smug face of my tv! Can't stand him. :mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FFS!!!! He's so dull it's unreal so this is the 4th week in a row Danniella and Danny are on before him...... FIX!!!!

Hope he's in the skate off to get his smug face of my tv! Can't stand him. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I don't feel as strongly as you, but I certainly would not lose any sleep if he were to be voted off tonight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    donal managed to get in the final and he was not doing the tour. it was after he came 2nd they annouced that he would do some selected dates
  • Options
    Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bendymixer wrote: »

So- Gary and Hayley near the end again. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    River ManRiver Man Posts: 2,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donal managed to get in the final and he was not doing the tour. it was after he came 2nd they annouced that he would do some selected dates

He was also on early every week......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gazb2 wrote: »
    You mean - unless she is dropped by her partner because of a glitch in the ice, meaning no fault of either skater and therefore shouldn't be docked any points whatsoever....

Yeah..I'm sure that's what you meant :p

It doesn't matter how someone falls over or who's fault it is. It should docked marks AND would have been if it was anyone other than Hayley.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eviesmum wrote: »

It doesn't matter how someone falls over or who's fault it is. It should docked marks AND would have been if it was anyone other than Hayley.

Hayley DID have marks taken off for the fall:rolleyes: