Options

The X Factor - Live, Lights and Lies (Series 1) Launch thread (DS forum game)

Comments

• Options
    EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm, allow me to guess.

The first one is probably Pingu. He's done a lot of games lately, hence the 'experience'. It could also be Kuda for the same reasons.

The second one is surely a joker. Everyone knows that I'm the king of harsh comments, so I'd like to know who this is so I can talk some sense into them. Not being a great mentor sometimes - possibly noonan15?

Third one is Steve, calling it now.

The fourth one is a boaster, that's for sure. It's probably a more experienced forum member such as Kevin or someone like that.
  • Options
    jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    first one I reckon is Kuda
    second one is Pingu
    third one definately Soppyfan
    fourth one has no clue
  • Options
    JordanC55JordanC55 Posts: 9,348
    Forum Member
    Hello and welcome to the reveal show for Live, Lights and Lies! What a whirlwind the last few days have been, after an appeal thread was posted on Sunday we had a massive response, which allowed the sign-up process to be shortened thus allowing us to give you the viewer a short insight into how the next few weeks are going to play out!

Tonight we will meet our mystery mentors and which categories they will be leading to victory! Which of them will be blinded by the lights or twisted by the lies; only time will tell! But what we can do is meet mentor #1!

Before we meet them, let's find out what they'll add to the show!

I add fun, but also a serious side to the panel. I am also more experienced.

Who is it?
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can only guess...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This person has fought their way into the top 4 on the Chance Factor, they also boast a further 4th placing on Battle Of The Seasons and even a top 3 in Back To Basics!

However, without a win they're being billed as the underdog of this competition! And everyone loves an underdog right? Of course they do! Mentor #1 it's:
    Pingu58011
    http://youtu.be/YlVxVJCG87A?t=39s (entrance song)

So! Mentor #1 are you excited?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I should've known it'd be him. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone:D Yes, I am so excited, and this game is going to be great!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's 1 correct for me, I also called this like 5 minutes after the applications opened. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Next mentor?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Our second mentor is a curveball as far as these games go! They were a mentor in the first X Factor game in 2010, since then they've gone quiet! Well, only in the X Factor world as in DSFE (Digital Spy Fantasy Eurovision) they currently hold the second strongest record! So there could be a few upsets with this one, let's find out what they're going to add to this contest:

"Charisma, extensive musical knowledge, innovation with my acts and a very, very sharp tongue. I hold no prisoners- if an act is shit, I will tell them (and their mentor) so"

Our second mentor is:
    21stCenturyBoy
    http://youtu.be/AfuHSJqqgAo (entrance song)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, my prediction flopped pretty badly there... :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    21stCenturyBoy, I have never seen him involved in a game before, so this'll be new for me watch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wow welcome 21st Century Boy. A legend it seems!!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Our third mentor has been around these forums for a while, they have 4 second place finishes under their belt as well as appearing in 5 finals! Quite the record I would say. They want to join because they believe they want to "prove that they can mentor any category" Well, only time will tell but they're obviously an early favourite for the crown! Here's what they think they add to the show:

"I wanna add my nostalgia musical style to the competition as I feel that older music deserves more credit but I'm not afraid to mix it up with other music styles."

Who am I talking about? Well, mentor #3 is:
    Soppyfan!
    http://youtu.be/sjSG6z_13-Q (entrance song)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well wasn`t that obvious!!! :p Hi Steve!!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Enters the room, Will.I.Am Style*

Thank you for tarnishing my dignity with Miley Cyrus! :p

Anyways, hey everyone, it's great to be on this panel and we meet again, Pingu. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Called it. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My earlier posts gave it away, really. ;)

So who's the final mentor?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Our 4th and final mentor is doing pretty as well as these games are concerned! They were unable to list all of his hosting accolades as they'd be "sitting here till tomorrow" and as for mentoring they've managed to get an act into the final of every series they have competed in. They have the fight of their life coming up in another series and is hoping that Live, Lights and Lies will prepare them for it:

Let's see what they think they bring to the show:

"I suck at mentoring, but my personality and harsh (but honest!) comments should more than make up for that."

So, who is it? Well of course it's:
    EndOfSanity
    http://youtu.be/ehSJ3e8_NgU?t=48s [Entrance song]
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :eek: Rick you little sneak!!! Welcome!!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WOAH! :eek:

I did NOT see that coming! Welcome aboard, Rick, it'll be very fun seeing us mentoring at the same time. ;)

Oh and btw...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So that's our panel? How is everyone feeling tonight? You all up for Thursday?

[apologies in advance, my internet has begun to play up]
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Now for the categories!!! :D

I really want the girls as I have never mentored them!!! :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What time is the show on Thursday? I can`t be here from 7:45 onwards!!! :)