Options

Sound of Drums. Some things I don't get!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
Forum Member
Just watched the sound of drums again on watch and a thought came to me. The master had been on earth for 18 months "tops", so how did he manage to; create a psychic mobile network, turn the TARDIS into a paradox machine, design the Valiant and become Prime Minister. I know he is a Time Lord, but he must have been VERY busy.
Also, how the hell did UNIT design and build a flying aircraft carrier in 18 months?
We should of got them working on the Olympic stadium. :p

Comments

• Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hypnotism, I believe ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Master is slightly physic. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    I thought he wasn't stuck there, just the TARDIS co-ordinates were locked to around 18 months, so I had presumed that he had went back and forward a few times within that 18 month period preparing it all (perhaps numerous masters running around like in the last Special). Or maybe he is just THAT good at multi tasking!
  • Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Master is slightly physic. :)

Richard Feynman must be well jealous :p

Perhaps The Master has the same psychic skills as Moila :D

Sorry :o
  • Options
    codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,684
    Forum Member
    Cmwatt wrote: »
    I thought he wasn't stuck there, just the TARDIS co-ordinates were locked to around 18 months, so I had presumed that he had went back and forward a few times within that 18 month period preparing it all (perhaps numerous masters running around like in the last Special). Or maybe he is just THAT good at multi tasking!

This is a good point...

The Doctor said he fused the co-ordinates so when he took the TARDIS to the future back to Utopia or even the first time he showed Sophie the end of the universe (because he couldn't show her anything else!) it might well have took him right back to the point it initially landed on (So 18 months before the Doctor's arrival, lived a few weeks in Earth time, met his rubbish beard, took her in the Tardis, arrived back at the initial 18 month he landed on the first time!
    Then he practised his :mad: face, then realised he could still use it to his advantage :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    austin85 wrote: »
    Just watched the sound of drums again on watch and a thought came to me. The master had been on earth for 18 months "tops", so how did he manage to; create a psychic mobile network, turn the TARDIS into a paradox machine, design the Valiant and become Prime Minister. I know he is a Time Lord, but he must have been VERY busy.

The Doctor can do much in very little time, they are both great intellects so I do not see why it wouldn't be possible. Also from the moment he had the network everything went smoother as people were getting brainwashed.
    austin85 wrote: »
    Also, how the hell did UNIT design and build a flying aircraft carrier in 18 months?
    We should of got them working on the Olympic stadium. :p

They didn't design it, The Master did that. Also some of the technology had been salvaged from Torchwood.