Options

GHK Climax

GoosebeeGoosebee Posts: 5,294
Forum Member
Does the story end next week or is this the penultimate chapter. It feels very damp of next week is the end. I was more expecting Lindsey to disappear for a week or two whilst her and silas plot and then one more block with them in it?

Comments

• Options
    soapnutsoapnut Posts: 6,906
    Forum Member
    It seems the storyline has been hastily rewritten and cobbled together to accommodate Sophie Austin's departure from the show, and possibly some others. It also feels very rushed - nothing for almost a month then a build to the climax - as if a huge chunk of the original planned story is missing.

It's now easily one of the worst storylines Hollyoaks has ever put out, and like many others, handled badly which is a shame following a gripping and very promising start :(
  • Options
    GoosebeeGoosebee Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    To be fair I think most Oaks fans feel it should have ended in October. I just really hope that this week isn't it and this is just Lindsey making a break for it before meeting Silas and creating a final act of revenge.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Goosebee wrote: »
    To be fair I think most Oaks fans feel it should have ended in October. I just really hope that this week isn't it and this is just Lindsey making a break for it before meeting Silas and creating a final act of revenge.

I agree, I think it should have ended in October and :o should be dead as in :o!

With Fabrizio Santino leaving the show they clearly couldn't kill off :o but I was ecstatically happy until that boot opened and we saw a hand move >:( The whole storyline went down the toilet following that moment and became a million times worse afterwards.

I think we could see Lindsey disappear for a while as the news sinks in around the village that she's the GHK. The viewers will be lead to believe that she has escaped justice for the time being and indeed gone on the run with police in hot pursuit - before it is revealed that Silas turned on Lindsey shortly after kidnapping her at the airport and selected her to be his next and final victim. In a move to wield his superiority as a serial killer and an ironic belief that he is protecting the people of Hollyoaks alone, Silas will rid us of Lindsey before handing himself in and dying in custody, signalling the end of both of them. If Lindsey is to die it should be via her own method of killing, with Silas administering the lethal dose and not strangling her as he did the rest of his victims.

What woud be interesting is if both killers drove off a cliff in a joint suicide pact Thelma & Louise-style to escape justice and haunt the village forever! I'm still trying to figure out where Frankie will figure in all of this. Silas is clearly following Lindsey's every move. I believe that after Esther meets Lindsey's demands Lindsey will free Frankie to 'safety' but before she can return home safe to her family, Silas will get to her first.

Of course, none of this will happen and it will be nothing short of preposterous, but it's become so far-fetched anything could happen! I wouldn't put anything past BK is this moronic era of the show! :D
  • Options
    bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As Lindsey is pregnant I can't see them killing her off as surely there would be complaints/controversy? What I think will happen is that Lindsey will be arrested, give birth in jail and Freddie will raise the child alone. Then, maybe around October/21st anniversary, Silas (if he survives the next few weeks - I wouldn't be surprised if Lindsey kills him) will help Lindsey break out of jail and they'll go on a spree and kill some deadwood before one of them, or both, is killed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As Lindsey is pregnant I can't see them killing her off as surely there would be complaints/controversy? What I think will happen is that Lindsey will be arrested, give birth in jail and Freddie will raise the child alone. Then, maybe around October/21st anniversary, Silas (if he survives the next few weeks - I wouldn't be surprised if Lindsey kills him) will help Lindsey break out of jail and they'll go on a spree and kill some deadwood before one of them, or both, is killed.

Wow! I totally forgot Lindsey was pregnant when I wrote my comment! :D

There's only one way for her to go then and that's prison! Seeing as she is pregnant it looks like for once, a villain will actually be brought to justice, surely a first for Hollyoaks. The only other possible way for Lindsey to exit permanently is if she dies in childbirth and I could see BK going that way for shock value.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder why Sophie Austin is exiting so quickly, I got the impression it was the show decision.
  • Options
    bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soapnut wrote: »
    Wow! I totally forgot Lindsey was pregnant when I wrote my comment! :D

There's only one way for her to go then and that's prison! Seeing as she is pregnant it looks like for once, a villain will actually be brought to justice, surely a first for Hollyoaks. The only other possible way for Lindsey to exit permanently is if she dies in childbirth and I could see BK going that way for shock value.

Well, I can see why you forgot, it hasn't been mentioned until recently. I did think it was odd they made Lindsey pregnant so close to her exit which is maybe an indicator that they plan on killing her off during childbirth.