Options

Not getting some achievements for Mass Effect

barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Okay, so I can't remember how exactly this happened but I will try and explain the best I can. I got Mass Effect in December 2009 so I could finish it before ME2 came out. I divide my time between staying at my home during holidays and somewhere else whilst I'm at uni. When I got ME, I was at home so I was playing on a different Xbox but I saved it on my own hard drive from my Xbox at my 'uni' home. When I went back to my uni home, I continued to play it. Now this is where things get a little fuzzy. For some reason, I didn't recover my gamertag, which meant all the achievements I got when I went to my uni home were lost when I finally recovered it (which was after I completed it). I don't know why I did this, how I didn't notice I didn't recover it and how it was that I discovered I had to later on. Maybe my ethernet cable wasn't connected to the Xbox so I didn't have Live. I'm not so sure.

Anyway, so when I did my second playthrough, with my gamertag up to date, the Xbox believed it's only my first since I have to get most of the achievements again (including the one where I complete the game for the first time). I did get most of them back. However, there's one - the one for getting 300 paragon score - that I cannot get anymore, and I have maxed out my paragon meter - twice now as I've played the game three times.

I don't understand why it does this. I'm thinking it has something to do with the whole not recovering my gamertag but I'm not sure. Those achievements about playing most of the game with a Turian squadmate, etc. I did everything in this game, every assignment, and mostly with the same two characters, yet I haven't earned those achievements either. However, in my third playthrough, I got to level 50 for the first ever time, and I got that achievement. So I'm not sure why I'm getting some achievements and not others.

Usually I don't care about achievements, but Mass Effect is different and well, I mostly just wanna know why my Xbox is doing this! If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I'd be really grateful. And also I'm sorry for the long and perhaps confusing post!

Comments

• Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    I had my HDD die on me a few months ago and forgot to back-up my saves so I bought another 360 and recovered my GT and had to play all my games again from the beginning *groan*.

Mass Effect was one of them and just as with all my games, it had recognised that I'd played it before, all achievements scored are tied to your GT and not the console it's on.

So the only thing that can explain this is that when you played it before you were OFFLINE, so it never sent the data to the main servers where they are stored.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have all achievements for ME1 and ME2, you jelly? :D

But seriously achievements have nothing to do with your hard drive or what console you play it on - as long as your signed in as your gamtertag and connected to xbox live whilst you earn the achievement (not after it) then it should be part of your gamerscore.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am jelly!

And yeah I realise that now but it's not letting me earn the achievement, which is the problem. I may have gotten the Paragon achievement on my first playthrough so maybe I did get the gamerscore for it, but it's saying I haven't got this achievement yet.

And I pretty much took Garrus and Liara with me on all my missions and assignments and I didn't get the achievement for completeing most of the game with a Turian and Asari.

I'm sure 2Dshmuplover is right in that I must've been offline at some point. Gah! I've confused myself so much it's ridiculous haha. Thanks for your replies though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So does no one know why this is happening? I understand now how I was offline at some point but I'm doing another playthrough and have maxed out my Paragon meter and I still don't get the achievement. Why am I not getting it? :confused: